@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes, that could work. You’ll just have to engineer a way for her to get separated. (Or I can help contrive something to let that happen if you want.)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper In my mind, I see it as:
Protagonist–The main character or character whose arc we’re following. The POV character in a first-person story.
Hero–Subtype of protagonist. Usually someone with a sense of good and evil, a person with moral standards they won’t break unless in an extreme situation, a person worth emulating at least by…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 1 year, 10 months ago
One day, I hope to fly a million miles away. Where painful memories are far away, and the fresh beach breeze covers my dry skin. The sea would lap over me, tugging at my hair, and perhaps I would feel at home. The strangeness of my new world would comfort me from the horrors of the one past. I’d bring you with me if I could, but I’m not sure you…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Discussion question. What is the difference between a protagonist and a hero? What qualities do you like to see in a protagonist, and do you prefer them to be a ‘hero’ or nay?
I’mma throwing this out there because I like reading people’s responses. 🙂
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes, the defeating the prophesy junk is stupid unless there is a very valid reason. For instance, I had a character in a book who was cursed by the gods of his people because of a prophesy, but when he came to Christ he was able to flip that on it’s head and say, “you know what, I was cursed. But so are all of you. We are all cur…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae yeah I can see that.
idk about misunderstood but tragic definitely.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed ugh you’re making me sad now
like in Freedom’s Fire you see him as mostly heartless and cruel, but in all the other books he is more humanized–he has a brother, he has a family, he has reasons for why he did what he did. Not that they were good reasons, mind you, but it means that it upsets you that he went down the path of…[Read more]
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 10 months ago
If anyone ever tells you AI is going to take over the world, kindly tell them that ChatGPT can’t even play hangman properly.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@keilah-h @grcr @rae @ellette-giselle @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @anyone-else-idk-lol
Anyone want to see a Hans aesthetic? 👀

-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
And btw, for anyone wondering, evil characters will have a separate limit.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I mean, it depends on what you want to do. Basically what’s going to happen is we’re going to cut to a different scene where the villain will have summoned his own group of characters. That’s when we’ll add our villains. But if you don’t care about your character showing up for that scene, I don’t care if you add them now.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yep, you can add another. (The current limit is actually 4 at this point btw.)
I was planning on having us add villains shortly after we finish the current “scene.”
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
I give you the stamp of approval. 🏅 But you already know that, since rubberhose is my favorite.
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
If you ever finish yours, I’d still like to see it! I now it’s too late for you to enter, but I’m very curious.
Honestly I think it revealed too much about one of my characters. And as you know, I am quite skittish to post such things. XD
Congrats, this topic rose in popularity again! I’m glad everyone is having fun! And this whole family…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Aaaand I shall cross my arms and back away from this, because I have roleplayed enough already.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Group 1)
Without waiting for the group to disappear over the rooftops, Marcel ran at the ironwalker he had previously maimed.
His opponent horizontally sliced its broadsword. Marcel leapt onto the hilt and quickly stuck his hand into the elbow joint. As…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
well also you can’t really talk about church density NOW as opposed to in the past….y’know?
pretty much about the entire country is really skewed when it comes to that these days….
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@calyhuge whoa he was your ancestor? As much as you might dislike him, you gotta admit that’s cool.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@power @ellette-giselle lollll this conversation has me just sitting here on the sidelines watching, I would be eating popcorn but I’m not a huge fan of popcorn, unless it’s popcorn chicken so maybe that’s what I’m eating.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae thank you!!
- glad I wasn’t disqualified lol
- confusion in writing is what I’m good at for some reason XD XD
- honestly though, I can see why you think this reads like a chunk of a larger story rather than a short story, cause it kinda is. I wrote it for practice and to maybe one day turn it into a larger storyline, cause that’s how I craft…
- Load More

Prettyyy, this reminds me of when we last went to the beach and sitting alone over the water in the evening 😊
@whalekeeper
ty
ooh that sounds super nice 🙂
That’s really pretty. <3 I want to put it to music though I have no idea how.