@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh no!!! That’s terrible!!! That makes me want to cry for you!
I know. I was so mad.
Hmm, I find it funny that you think the ending thing feels a little un-realistic. I wrote it after reading of five different situations in different countries where something like this happened to Believers who had been arrested. XD
I guess the B…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
THEOLOGY/MESSAGE
~ Any theological concerns for the story?
I don’t think so.
~ What would you say my world view was?
Christian? XD. (Again, I don’t really know what kind of answer you want here.)
~ What would you say was the message of the story?
God will give us strength when we are weak and help us have the courage to stand up for Him.
~Were…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
STORYLINE
~ Was the plot solid and engaging?
~ Did the pacing feel consistent throughout the book? If not, where did it lag or feel dull?
I feel like these two kind of go together. The pacing, I felt, was not very consistent. Sometimes we would be skipping over weeks or months, sometimes we would get slow, slice-of-life scenes, and sometimes we…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m flexible, so whenever everyone else is ready to read the next book is fine with me. And is it about Leon and Julian?
K, here’s the characters section.
CHARACTERS~Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
Joseph, because he’s the main. 🤪 But no, really, we got to see all his inner…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I WAS LITERALLY ON THE ILLUSTRATION QUESTION 😣
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I was so, so close to finishing your questions, and then a bee came over by me, and I picked up my laptop and ran away (lol.)
But then I accidentally hit the screen somehow and I CLOSED THE LINK!!!
Augggghhhh. I cannot believe that just happened. Now I have to write them all out AGAIN. So this might take a while.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
AHHH ELLETTE YOU SAVED THEM!!!
AND IT’S DONE!! CONGRATULATIONS!! (I know this is a later draft, but still xD)
Biggest thing I noticed, is that, in the end where Joseph and Amelia are talking, some of the things that they say, “I’m so glad that… etc.” seemed a little bit like info-dumping. It’s good for us to have all that in…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Sorry, didn’t get tagged! 😒
That does sound like fun! We always stay up till midnight too—last night we had a bunch of neighbor kids over, so we watched some YouTube videos and then played some games until midnight. I don’t think I’ve made any resolutions… but we’ll see, there’s still time.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, we didn’t either, cuz we’re going on a trip today so we didn’t want to be tired.
Also, I’m mildly jealous that you consider waking up at 6 to be ‘sleeping in’, lol 😅
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
My brother just read a 1500 page book in two days 😑
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Happy New Year! It’s 2025!!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Happy Almost New Year everyone!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Happy Almost New Year! What are you guys up to?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Aww, your relationship with your brother sounds so sweet.
Same—we played with our stuffed animals too. We had maybe thirty of them between us, and they all belonged to a “pack” with an alpha, and a beta, etc. (Me and my sister were Erin Hunter fans.) We acted out whole storylines—probably enough to fill a novel xD.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Wow, that’s really cool. Definitely keep them in then.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle super cool!
I think my dad might have a copy of Fox’s Martyrs, but I’m not sure.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
So yeah, I will be sad, but I mostly get it.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle which works for a story like yours which is, from what I can tell, supposed to be kinda like a fictionalized missionary/church history story.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Wait, you wrote the hymns? I thought you had just pasted them in. 😳
(There’s a lot of hymns I’m not familiar with, since we don’t normally sing them at my church.)
- Load More

And I thought 5 days was fast.😅
Okay but that would totally be me XD
I’m a speed reader lol