-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@acancello @trailblazer @freedomwriter76 @grcr @mineralized writings (I think that’s everybody? Sorry if I missed anyone!) Okay I’m bored and I’m procrastinating getting ready for school (where I live it’s 6:30 am rn), so I’m just gonna roleplay. (sorry, @esther-c ,haha) Also, when you RP you can either do it in third person like I’m doing or in…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! You’ll have to tell me the name when you actually print it so I can read it, haha!
One of my goals is to publish my first book before I turn 16/before I graduate. (I’m really young for my grade, so I’ll be 16 my senior year and then in september I’ll turn 17 then graduate…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Also, I have to know…is Libbie ever going to fall for Albert? It’s okay if you can’t say because of spoilers but I just wanted to know, haha.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Got it! I’d just never heard it before, but it makes sense.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Hmmm, that’s hard, because you can tell it’s a bit derivative from a lot of preexisting ideas. To change that would be to radically change the system as a whole, which is fine, just annoying, but often necessary.
One issue I immediately have is with the name and the first element. If it is called “essence burning” does that not show an…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Jessica's Last Christmas in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years ago
One thing I noticed was that it was really hard to tell that it was a dream. If you weren’t looking close enough, you would have missed it. So since it’s a dream, you might want to make it more obvious. But I liked your story! It was good!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I like your idea of that the magic words are evil because of the purpose given by the Pythonos. So I might use that? I’m still not sure, haha!
Names of people:
Ottoline, Marcurious, Sparrow, Rishona, Berko, Sef, Lilitu, Azazel, Indie, Jordan (I need a new name for him, an evil one, so if you could help that would be great!),…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
“I’ll just be thankful when I can sleep in a bed again and have a roof over my head,” Etta whispered back. I mentally chided myself for longing for something so vain when even the most
practical needs still weren’t met. Etta had a wisdom I lacked. What did it matter if we were a little dirty and dusty? No one else in our party m…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I’m so excited, lol!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Who wants to start? I’ve never done this before, so anyone more experienced want to start?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
savannah_grace2009
The language would be not their main language, but most would grow up bilingual. Most speak only English but some do speak Erstonian (the other universal language), so like I said they would learn both languages. I’m not sure where the magic words come from/what gave them power, but they are only used by the Pythonos when they c…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
what do you mean by a list of names and consonants?
Do you mean names of characters?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Thank you! Yes, I do like the name and it seemed to fit her character! That’s funny that you have a sister named Neveah! haha
Interesting, so in that case, what would have allowed a universal language to come about? A grand unification? Maybe just a tongue similar to what is happing with English that simply became more…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace20009
Interesting, so in that case, what would have allowed a universal language to come about? A grand unification? Maybe just a tongue similar to what is happing with English that simply became more important to know for politics and trade? Also, where do magic words come from? What makes them inherently different from other…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
That would be fun!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Great! What language would it be? Would you want a universal Andromedan tongue, or something for each of the groups, or even something else entirely?
Just a universal Andromedan language and some magic words.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Yeah, how I think of it is by their fruits you shall know them. But to know the fruits of something, you either have to judge by the spirit beforehand, or you have to put it into practice to know whether it be good or evil. The problem is that while good trees produce good fruit, and bad trees produce bad fruit, there are some things…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Makes sense. Though that leaves me with some questions about the first chapter still. Why give Jordan and his wife such a beginning? Despite making it obvious that they are evil, you’ve humanized them by giving them a dying child, and having them feel grief. Also, why did you project Kratos in a negative light almost directly, w…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
hopefully Kari and Ottoline will be friends! They have some things in common!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
This seems fun, a masquerade would be cool because we won’t show the character’s face, allowing us to show them in an either more hidden light, where their true character is behind the mask, vs a more open light, where when there face is hidden, their true colors and personality can come out. I might add a character here…[Read more]
- Load More
