-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Yes, I agree with that as well. I’ve grown up in a charismatic church, so I also believe Holy Spirit still speaks to us today, and I do agree that feeling or sensing the Holy Spirit is different that our own emotions and feelings, and yes, it is a process of discernment to distinguish between the two.
And going back to the subject o…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic NaNoWriMo! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Ohhh, conlanging! Yeah, I’d love to help prep!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Oh, thanks! I can help with worldbuilding. Me and my sister’s favorite method of growing ideas is simply talking about it, and that jogs our minds, and we walk away with a lot more developed ideas then when we didn’t. Do you think that would be a good way for you, or would you rather some other method of developing your world?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Yeah, potato works🤣 potailento! If I used ipa standardized pronunciation, I would write it like “ei” not “ai” or po”ta”to, so day is actually pronounced like dei and potato is pronounced like poteito😂 But yes, you got it right with potato and day!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Dude! This is incredible!
With how immersive the world and writing style is along with how much intrigue and mystery was jam-packed into this excerpt, I’m blown away! Why didn’t you tell me you were this good at writing?!
The first section was actually breathtaking. I could feel each word as if they came alive within my body and…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Wow, a lot of sudden activity in the short time I was gone😅
It’s been going really well! I’ve been working, doing some writing (obviously,) and preparing for a two year mission that will hopefully start earlier next year. How have you been?
I was just catching up on the most recent posts on this Apologetics forum as there always…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@trailblazer @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @acancello (i think I got everyone?)
Ottoline
“Hold still!” Kari giggled as Ottoline dramatically dodged the wand of mascara.
“I’m sorry,” Ottoline laughed, “I’m not used to having people touch my face.” Well, that wasn’t entirely true. She had been struck multiple times, but never had her…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Hi Kathleen!
I noticed you were online, and out of curiosity, I’m wondering if you are planning to ever continue our conversation. I’m afraid that because so much time has past, it might be stale now, but just thought I’d ask.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
The “tail end”??How many stories will there be in each era??
🤷♂️ Honestly I don’t know. Each era is worth centuries of time, at least in my septer, my sister’s eras are a bit shorter. That being said, I haven’t developed very much in my first era other than what’s taking place in Lucid, because it is the most earthlike, and I want to explo…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Thanks! That seems to be the overall consensus. “confusing but the good kind.”
Oh yeah, this is actually part of the tail end of the first era of my septer. So civilization is sufficiently advanced in many ways, but it has degraded to dystopia and war. The ones referred to as the phantoms or simply “They” were…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I love this! Though it does get confusing, it’s the “good” kind, lol, and I would totally read the book.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Thanks! Yeah, I’ve played with the concept for a long time. As far as characters go, I feel like I’m getting better. I’m not too much of a people person, but I find psychology really interesting, and I’m intrigued by different ways one could suffer, so I think that’s my strength for characters.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@mineralizedwritings @esther-c
Yeah I did say only one character, but if you really, really want to add another one, I suppose you can, just for everyone else please only one charrie, because if everyone adds too this would be super chaotic.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Ah, lol, mission accomplished I guess?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I love this so far. It definitely is confusing, but the good kind that makes you hungry for more.
That’s good! Definitely my goal with it.
Oh man. That place where Tailen is… I’m panicking just thinking about it right now 😅
Which one? The Void or the Wraith?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
No problem! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Thanks!
I think in the beginning, the style of the writing was kind of confusing. Overall it does give the idea of like, very choppy thoughts, sort of less established, so if that’s what you were going for, then great job. I just think that it might throw readers off a little. I also noticed that the scene with Tailen alone in the r…
-
TheArcaneAxiom started the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@jonas @savannah_grace2009 @kyronthearcanin @highscribeofaetherium @whalekeeper @freedomwriter76 @orangearmadillo @lightoverdarkness @otherworldlyhistorian @folith-feolin @anyone-else-interested
So I’m finally sharing my own writing, at least some of it, I doubt I will share much beyond a few chapters, but we’ll see. A lot of you know me to be a…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi there! I think I would probably lean more toward the soft worldbuilding category, but I’m a pretty healthy balance of both I’d say.
Nice, I’m definitely more of a hard worldbuilder, but balancing the two is very good. Tolkien did this, where the world itself is very hard, however the magic is very hand wavy.
As for learning lan…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Ahh, yes, mother and father are unique when it comes to the words in a language. The rule of thumb here is very simple, and comes in the form of a question, what can a baby babble? You actually find that the words for Mother and Father in almost every language follows this rule. And the idea of maternal sounds and paternal…[Read more]
- Load More
