-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I thought the same thing as hybridlore, lol. Otherwise, great!
That whole thing about Albert wanting to kiss Libbie and Bert actually kissing Clara made me cringe (which is a good thing!) because how awkward would that be???? AHHHH! But it’s good! I like it!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Oh, sorry, lol. I take the jargon for granted. Hard worldbuilding means a more concrete flushed out world that the readers can understand, whereas soft worldbuilding is more open possibilities where anything goes.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
It would probably be best if you started your own page. You can do that if you go to Forums: then look for Critiques, then Novel Critique requests, then you should be able to make one. I hope that helps!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic AIO (adventures in odyssey) RP!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
OH MY GOSH I LOVE ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY!!!!
but i probably won’t join….because I would rather just rant about Odyssey in general. So should I make a post thread where we can just “argue” about conspiracy theories, the way things “should have gone” (we’d be kind while arguing, of course, haha) or just talk about all things Odyssey?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
It’s totally fine! Don’t feel bad! (Now I feel bad for making you feel bad! lol)
It does kind of sound like her though, so I see where you’re coming from.
Yeah, I really don’t want the romance to be the main reason for the abuse, because that just sounds “cruel” to put my characters so much for the sake of an unhealthy…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Here’s the apologetics page if your interested! It’s strayed from apologetics more and has entered general discussion on reality, so I thought you’d like to check it out.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Ok, have you given my questions much thought?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Well…non-fiction in the sense that I like to write about my thoughts on American government and real world topics.
Interesting, so your getting into a lot of political history and theory?
I’m working on a essay called American Leader. It’s about the qualities a leader should have and how those qualities are developed. What do you think…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Great advice!
Ottoline from “Character Party” isn’t the one I was asking the question for, though, it’s an entirely different character. (If you check out my WIP page on KP, you’ll see it.)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
That’s a great idea! The problem is, on my google account I have, it’s my school account and the docs I make can’t be shared with anyone else that has a non school account. I will, however now post the link to my “reedsy” account, (it’s like google docs, but no one can edit or comment.
h ttps://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ Copy and paste…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I forgot to mention that most of the things that you’ll find wrong with this thread have already been mentioned by others and have been either fixed or the chapters deleted and replaced.
I deleted the paragraphs about the races, and fixed multiple other problems. Maybe I need to make a new thread for the new and improved WIP, lol.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Okay, I’m using mani/mahnith. Thanks!
I know you asked me to tag you, so here’s the “thread” about my current WIP! If you read through all the comments (a daunting task, and don’t do it unless you REALLY WANT TO), you will find exerpts from my novel that I have revised and/or have replaced other chapters.
Sorry this…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Okay!
I agree that it’s the best to have your parents’ on board about the topics you write about but I just don’t really have that. For example, my mom is very sensitive to reading about sad things, so she puts herself in the character’s place when she reads my stories, and it’s just hard for her to read. Same with…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
YAY YOU’RE BACK WE MISSED YOU!!!!! 🙂
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Thanks! 🙂
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Cool! Sounds like a whimsical Brandon Sanderson novel like Fugal Wizard or Alcatraz, is that an image you want to go for in the world? (Though I don’t know if you’ve read any of his writing to have a frame of reference.)
So to start, what do you want out of the world? Do you want hard or soft worldbuilding? Setting that up now will…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi Sarah! I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, finding divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current project is a universe I’m working on with my sister called the Septrum.
Questions!
When you say non-fiction, do you document things about nature, history, biographies, ect?
What are you…[Read more]
- Load More
