Your strongest Character? šŸ„°

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ Characters ā€ŗ Your strongest Character? šŸ„°

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Hey yā€™all! I know Iā€™ve started a lot of topics, but I thought of this question and thought whoever wants to can answer it and we can discuss it too, if anyone wants. šŸ˜Š

But anywho, hereā€™s the question. šŸ˜‰

Whoā€™s your strongest character in your WIP? (or WIPā€™s, if yā€™all are like me. šŸ˜‚)

All characters are different, but anywho, let me answer first, and Iā€™ll be looking forward to seeing responses! šŸ˜

I have many characters that are military personnel or otherwise strong, but when IĀ reallyĀ thought about it all, I brought it down to a different type of strength. Not physical strength. Soā€¦in the end, yā€™all, I figured out who my true strongest character is. šŸ™‚

Riker.Ā 

And before any of yā€™all ask questions, hereā€™s why. šŸ˜‰ Riker had a childhood full of neglect, abandonment, and, most of all, abuse. His community wanted nothing to do with him. His father never wanted him and physically and verbally abused him. But even after all that pain, RikerĀ didnā€™t let it destroy who he was.Ā Riker has always been caring, compassionate, generous, protective, loving, honest, loyal, and so many other things. Yā€™all, he even loves the Father that abused him all those years. (I couldnā€™t do that if I were him. šŸ˜­šŸ„ŗ)

But what about yā€™all? Whoā€™s your strongest character andĀ howĀ are they strong? I canā€™t wait to talk! šŸ˜

@gracie-j
      . @lrose5. @ava-blue. @joy-caroline. @elishavet-pidyon. @lydia-s. @lorelei-writer. @keilah-h. @koshka. @godlyfantasy12.

Rylie Goodwin
      @lrose5
        • Total Posts: 90

@freedomwriter76
        AWWWWW THATā€S TOO SADD *sobs*

Iā€™ve done some character development in brainstorming and now that I think about itā€¦ *thinks* lol UGH their each strong in their own ways! lol Eleen is strong against the whites and tries to love them and Sue-Anna is strong when it comes to criticism for her beliefs. They each have their weak moments but they both grow. But then we add in Esther, Eleenā€™s sis. Sheā€™s 14 and goes through a lot though she lets no one but Eleen know. She battles so much and tries to trust God even though itā€™s hard. ITā€S HARD BC NO ONE IS PERFECT AND THEY ALL GROW. loll But like Riker, none of my characters let it destroy them. They may feel like it is, but itā€™s not and deep down inside theyā€™re strong even if they donā€™t feel it. So which is harder to go through? Hate because of color or hate because of your love for people?? XDD

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.

C.S. Lewis

Anonymous

@lrose5. I KNOWWW!!!!! (but, sadly, it is important to the plot. Itā€™s what started Rikerā€™s lie that he has to overcome in the book. BUT STILL!!!šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­)

They ALL sound so strong and SO WONDERFUL! šŸ„° EXACTLY! None of them let it destroy who they are inside! (and thatā€™s rare to find in life and especially fiction! šŸ˜) And I guess it would depend on what exactly is going on. šŸ˜‰ Facing hate is difficult no matter the reason, honestly. Riker faces hate from othersā€¦and, well, himself. Yes, the poor guy hates himself. šŸ˜­ All because of what heā€™s done, even though he didnā€™t know the concentration camps existed yet. Poor guy. Struggles with so much regret, guilt, PTSD, trauma, and even hates himself. *sigh* I guess itā€™s true that we put our favorite character through the most painā€¦šŸ˜…

Rylie Goodwin
          @lrose5

@freedomwriter76

YES!! *hugs Riker* I guess thatā€™s also why us girls ALWAYS fall for the broken boys. XDD And I have never heard of a more broken fictional character than Riker so I HAVE to read this book. XDD

C.S. Lewis

Anonymous

@lrose5. *joins you in hugging Riker and squeezes you both* Hahaā€¦yesā€¦..šŸ˜‚

REALLY!? Iā€™ve read some broken fictional characters beforeā€¦but then againā€¦Rikerā€™s pretty broken. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ I know. Progress is just really slow. šŸ˜… But here, can a small scene hold you over? šŸ˜‚

ā€œI donā€™t think I can play it.ā€

ā€œWhy not?ā€ Iris asked softly, her hand resting on his forearm.

ā€œThereā€™s so muchā€¦it brings up. It used to help. It used to distract me from all the painā€¦but not anymore. Now all it does is remind me of it.ā€

Iris smiled softly. Patted his arm. ā€œThen you donā€™t have to playā€¦itā€™s okay.ā€ She gave him a brief kiss.

Riker had been honestā€¦kind of. But he hadnā€™t told her the whole truth.

There it sat on the couch in itā€™s case. A reminder of a childhood full of pain.

Abuse.

Neglect.

Tears.

Grief.

Fear.

But even still, Riker began to walk over to it. Maybe it stemmed from guilt.

But he at least owed her one more song.

She had loved him when no one else had.

Sheā€™d wiped away his tears when everyone else refused.

When everyone else told him to suck it up.

To be a man.

When everyone else said they were a sign of weakness.

Riker unlatched it. Opened the case.

And looked inside.

He paused. He couldnā€™t. But he had to.

For her. For her memory.

And maybeā€¦even for himself.

Now that Jennie was deadā€¦once Iris went homeā€¦he would have no one left.

He at least needed to play one song.

Only one.

Maybe that would fill the emptiness inside his chest.

Riker grabbed the bow.

Then the violin.

She had cheered him on when no one else cared.

Jennie had supported him when no one else believed in him.

When everyone else said heā€™d never accomplish anything.

When everyone said heā€™d never be anyone important.

When everyone said heā€™d never be anything but a mistake.

She had believed he could do anything he set his heart to do.

When everyone said that no one would or ever could love him, Jennie said there would be a woman that would love him no matter how imperfect he was.

Riker glanced at Iris.

He found exactly that.

He tuned the violin he hadnā€™t touched in years. He could do this.

He had to do this.

For his mother.

For his wife.

For his kids.

For his sister.

And for himself.

He brought the violin up.

Rested his chin on it.

And played.

Every noteā€¦every toneā€¦coming togetherā€¦flowingā€¦as if heā€™d never put it down.

He closed his eyes.

Memories surfaced.

The worst days.

But those faded.

Into hugs from his mother.

Into Jennieā€™s reminders of hers and Godā€™s love.

Into all the fun days with Angelina during their childhood.

Into his wedding day.

Into the births of all four of his kids.

Riker played.

And played.

His motherā€™s favorite song came alive once again.

He moved his arm.

Rubbed the bow against the strings.

Notes flowed.

And tears fell.

Rylie Goodwin
              @lrose5

@freedomwriter76
                Yeah, from what Iā€™ve read, no one has given their character such a sad backstory. I mean, there may be a few close runner-ups but yeah Riker sounds the brokenest lol
                YES YES YES YES YES!!!! *cries and hugs Riker with all her might* TIS SO SAD!!! I donā€™t blame you tho. History is sad and four pages into my novel, I already have some broken characters. lol And itā€™s also fun to make your characters loveable, and the most loveable characters are the broken ones. You can hug them, cry with them, cry for them, and promise them itā€™ll get better. (hopefully. Wait, Riker gets better right???)

C.S. Lewis

Anonymous

@lrose5. YESSSS!!!! *sobs*

History is sad, and I believe in showing all of History, the good, the bad, and even the ugly. šŸ˜‰

(Yes, Riker gets better. Donā€™t you worry, girl, he has a redemption coming! *wink*)

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 OOF THIS QUESTION!!

Ā 

also poor Riker!! Heā€™s so much like my November and Paxton who were also verbally and mentally abused (and Paxton was a bit physically abused)

Itā€™s really hard to answer this question, and I donā€™t think I can really because, like @lrose5 said, all of my charries are wrong in their own way, and have been through a lot of things.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. I get that. šŸ˜‰ Itā€™s hard sometimes, trust me, I know. šŸ˜‚

And yes, poor Riker and November and Paxton. šŸ˜­šŸ’–

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@freedomwriter76

AWWWW RIKER I WANNA GIVE MA POOR BOY A HUG šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

My strongest character is *drumroll* you guessed it . . . Russell.

I love SO MANY THINGS about Russell as you probably already know XD, but one of the things I love most about him is his tenderness, his gentleness, his quiet strength. The strongest men are gentle. Russell isnā€™t super strong physically. In fact, he spends almost all of WFR being very physically weak because of chemotherapy ā€“ so weak in fact that he has to use a cane to help him walk and even then heā€™s often too weak, so Eliza sometimes has to help him get into bed and make it down the hall and stuff. But she never thinks of her dad as weak, and I know exactly why.

What makes Russell strong is his tender, gentle, and quiet spirit. His love for all people is the strongest thing in the universe. Heā€™s strong in the face of cancer, in the face of people ridiculing and insulting him and his daughter simply because their skin isnā€™t the same color, in the face of everything.

Something Iā€™ve noticed is that when Russell holds Eliza, she often thinks of the STRENGTH of his embrace even when heā€™s become thin and sickly from the cancer treatment. She sees his arms as the strongest, safest place in the world because heā€™s always so gentle and tender and loving with her, and his gentleness and tenderness and love equal strength to her. Because they really are what make him strong.

AHHH WHY DO I ALWAYS BECOME SO SAPPY WHEN I TALK ABOUT THESE TWO

Anonymous

@joy-caroline. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE!!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜

I. NEED. RUSSELL. AND. ELIZA. šŸ¤©šŸ˜šŸ„° And oh my goodness, I just want to hug them both SO MUCH! šŸ˜

And yes, poor Riker. My broken boy. *sigh* šŸ˜©šŸ„ŗšŸ˜­

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 1379

@freedomwriter76

I KNOWWWWW. I JUST WANT SO BADLY TO GIVE THEM BOTH A HUGE HUG. *sobs*

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 147

@freedomwriter76 OH MY GOODNESSS!!! Its been like, what, FOREVER SINCE Iā€™VE BEEN ON HERE!?!?? Anyways!! Here we go!! ( FYI, itā€™ll probably be awhile before you hear from me again XD)

My strongest characterā€¦.would have to be Cedar.

Heā€™s a bulky man (whoops, sorry, heā€™s a fox), and has a good clear conscience for the Creator and for the King. Although he has a serious injury in his leg (from war) one that is effecting his health rapidly every passing day, he is not afraid of death. He knows that it is needed for the circle of life and that, he as a soldier and a father, had completed his due to this earth.

Although he is not the bravest, he has physically and mentally obtained wisdom. Wisdom in which he does freely bestow upon whomever yearns for it.

Anonymous

@wilder-w. OH. MY. GOSH. Iā€™VE MISSED YOU!!!!!! I WAS LEGIT JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU A FEW DAYS AGO!!!! HIIIII!!!!! šŸ‘‹šŸ‘‹šŸ‘‹

Cedar sounds EPIC! šŸ‘ He sounds like an awesome guy! šŸ˜ (fox, I guess, lol. šŸ˜‚)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >