You guys is there something wrong here…?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support You guys is there something wrong here…?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@joy-calle @godlyfantasy12 @katheleen-ramm @loopylin @freedomwriter76 @whalekeeper @folith-feolin

Ok so i’ve come across something mildy concerning, no idea if it’s cause for concern though. There’s a post under questions about how to create a good book cover. It is made by somebody who has only made one post, this one. It contains some random information about covers that sounds like it was copied off of google (sounds like a bot wrote it or something almost)

And yeah, some of the words are a link. Idk where to, don’t click it though.

I just idk.. it seemed off. It should be under recent topics, made like 12 hours ago. Tell me what yall think and tag whoever you want.

へびは かっこいい です!

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

@mineralizedwritings The post set off your alarms too?

I did do a little research on the guy, and found very little on this “top book cover illustrator in the UK” 🤨 On the upside, I went to where his links supposedly go to, and the website seems legit.

( https://www.bookcoverdesigners.co.uk/book-illustration )

My guess from the website is that we just have a merchant from a large company doing a bit of advertising. Nothing particular devious, but it does irk me that he disguised his post as a question when it clearly wasn’t.

You will love what you spend time with.

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings

@power

Yeah… ok well glad it’s nothing too strange. I suppose no harm done, just wanted to make sure the link wasn’t dangerous.

へびは かっこいい です!

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@mineralizedwritings @power

Thank for letting me know about this! The guy that created that post was indeed a some sort of bot/spam/fishy advertiser. He and his post are now off the site.

Thanks again for letting me know!

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@kathleenramm

np! Glad you still found this even though I messed up your tag lol

へびは かっこいい です!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >