Writing Physical Disabilities\Abnormalities\Handicaps of Characters

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Writing Physical Disabilities\Abnormalities\Handicaps of Characters

• This topic has 20 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1354

@whalekeeper @freedomwriter76 @livingwoodchronicles @godlyfantasy12

Sympathizing with all of y’all ❤❤❤

Yeah, me too!! ❤️❤️ My family, my mom and nana especially, have the working mindset too, so I totally get that. I’ll be praying for all your families and for healing!!

@whaley

Yeah, it was hard for a while. She struggled with migraines for a long time, but lately she’s been doing a lot better, thankfully. How’s your mom doing? What does she have?

By the way, are you British?? 😂 I noticed you said mum instead of mom. If so, that’s really cool!

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper 💖💖💖💖

No, I have not needed a brace. Thank the Lord it isn’t that bad. I have a pretty low level of scoliosis, but it’s enough to cause quite a bit of discomfort and some pain. I don’t have enough of a curve to need a brace or surgery, but we’re monitoring it to make sure it doesn’t get worse.

I have a bit of a curve both in my back and in my neck, so yeahhhh, it’s pretty painful at times, but it’s gotten better. 🥰 I did some chiropractic exercises earlier, and I’m even doing things like push-ups, and they’re going pretty well, certainly not hurting as much as I once did <3

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 692

I always enjoy finding people who get this kind of thing like me. Almost my entire family has issues with scoliosis so I’ve skipped out on some of the more dangerous fun stuff in my life. My siblings have it to the extreme level where if they fall, there’s a good chance they’ll break their necks so we have to be extremely careful. Swinging is the most dangerous thing we’ve done. Both of my brothers have had to wear collars for a while when they were younger due to their scoliosis worsening. It’s gotten better but it’s still not good. I have a cousin in a wheelchair too. I’m also writing a character who’s in a wheelchair and a character who’s blind. I’ve been around so many disabilities due to getting to know some of my siblings friends who also have disabilities. Whether they’re deaf, blind, wheelchair-bound, have mental disabilities, ect. You name it and I probably know someone who has it. It’s cool because there’s an entire community that a typical family most likely wouldn’t know about.

Anonymous

Oh and don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining about skipping the fun dangerous stuff. I’m just stating it like it is. I actually don’t mind. I’m not much of an adventurous person anyway.

Anonymous

I also get what you call chronic pain with foods that are in a category called night shades. Before I knew about this I was hurting all the time. The times I wasn’t hurting were a major blessing. The foods are tomatoes, peppers (any kind) potatoes (sweet potatoes are fine) and strawberries. I don’t get that pain anymore because I figured out that I can only have 1 portion per week. Anymore and I’ll be hurting again. It also causes my emotions to go haywire which isn’t good. My mom and brother have the same problem and on top of that my brother can’t handle things with high sugar. Bread is the most amount of sugar he can handle which is probably 3-4 grams. It makes it hard because he can’t have PBJ or Peanut Butter and Banana. We eat those a lot. And most cooked meals have foods with some kind of nightshade in it.

Anonymous

To give you an example of my pain: I recently had more than 1 portion of nightshades in a week and I had major back pain to the point where standing up was so excruciating that it made me nauseous.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >