Writing Characters with various Faiths.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Writing Characters with various Faiths.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@freedomwriter76

Aw, thanks, girl! Glad you could get something out of my ramblings. XD

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@joy-caroline. You Are So Welcome! And again, thank you so much! 😉

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1013

@freedomwriter76

So, I tried to comment on here before, but things conspired to destroy two responses before they could be shared. Then life became crazy… Now I will try again.

Also, I’m not pointing fingers at anyone. I want to love people like Jesus does: holding spirit and truth. I can get rather passionate about this and similar topics, however, so take warning: this may wax long. And ramble. A lot. XD

First off, what is religion but, as @koshka and others have said, the search for something to satisfy the God-sized hole in every human soul? Everyone worships something. That thing may be culture, “science”, devils, (1Co 10:19-20, Deu 32:17), and the list goes on and on.

However, the Bible makes it clear that there is only one Truth. Nothing else will satisfy, and that’s just the way it is.

As for showing other religions beside Christianity, I’ll echo what several others on here have already said. If the light is shown beside darkness, we see both for what they are.

Research and do everything with love and prayer. Honestly, some things in other religions are horrible. (Be careful in your research) To show those things as anything less than evil would be wrong. You don’t have to love the religion to love the people, and you don’t have to agree with everything in a religion to treat it with respect.

As @joy-caroline said, be careful that your sources are firm. One suggestion I would make is that if you are writing about conversion from a religion, read testemonies of real people and their personal struggles with that particular religion. For instance, while it may never cross our mind, the Ramadan is a hard month for the Christian raised in the Islamic faith. What do they do when the rest of the family is celebrating a month long fast they don’t participate in? Missionaries can spend sleepless nights over questions like this.

I want to add a quick note on Judaism, however, that I hope will help. It’s helped me. YHWH is true, they just don’t know Who He is. Their hope is in the Messiah, the Lord of the Universe, come to rebuild what has been destroyed.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@elishavet-pidyon. Thank you sooo much, girl! 😀 <3

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >