Writing Advice

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Greta
    @gretald
      • Total Posts: 450

*gasp* I LOVE coffee too. It’s what keeps me going, I’m afraid.

@faithdk
      Me too, Faith. Me too. When tired little me can’t stay awake…I run for coffee. πŸ˜›

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

I’m glad you guys all approve. XD
        *many more thumbs up @spradlin*
        Do I see a possible new t–shirt?

Sarah Spradlin
        @spradlin
          • Total Posts: 189

@kate-flournoy: Shhhhh. Don’t scare the children.

@writefury
          : *more eyebrow waggling* Mayhap. Let me ask the all powerful Graphic Designer/Store Manager Laurel Adams. πŸ˜€

As a general side note, teas of all kind are my jam. Hot coffee and I just didn’t work out. That being said, I eat a lot of coffee flavored things… they’re usually just accompanied by chocolate. XD

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Greta
          @gretald
            • Total Posts: 450

@spradlin Coffee’s one thing, but coffee and chocolate…that’s even better. πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 68

use people in real life as your character face claims/personalities. so what? no one cares. i put patrick stump into mine.

~~~~~
              She did an about-face and got a good look at him. He had tatoos up and down his arms, blond hair, and a baby face. He wore a fedora, burgundy pants, and a white t-shirt. He looks like he belongs in a band, thought Marcy.
              β€œHow are you?” The man smiled at her. β€œI’m Rick. What’s your name?”
              ~~~~~

see? no one cares. bam. i didn’t have to think of anything.

Sarah Spradlin
              @spradlin

@gretald — Absolutely!

@zoe-wingfeather — I think that’s great advice! I use people that I meet and family/friends all the time, especially when you’re getting started. Sometimes, too, I find it helpful not to start with appearance. Sometimes a line of dialogue will pop up in my head and then I create the character around that line or few lines of dialogue.

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Sarah Spradlin
                @spradlin

@writefury — I sent the image over to Laurel, and she loves it! She thinks it’d look great on a mug too. Here’s her question: is the illustration yours or is it copyrighted or what? If it’s copyrighted, we may have to make some changes before we can put it up in the store (‘cuz it’s a brilliant graphic!)– but you could totally work with Laurel on it. πŸ™‚

Rosey Mucklestone
                  @writefury

@spradlin Awesome! πŸ˜€
                    I’m… not quite sure on the copyright thing. It was free clipart off google.

Sarah Spradlin
                    @spradlin

@writefury — Cool! Think you could find the source again?

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury

@spradlin- Yep! Here are the pages.

Feather Quill Pen Clip Art

Free Coffee Cup Clip Art Vector

And then I did the font on picmonkey. πŸ™‚

Sarah Spradlin
                        @spradlin

@writefury — Awesome! I recognized the font from picmonkey ;D It’s one of my favorites! I sent the source on to Laurel. She may have to use a different one because licenses and stuff, but we’ll still give ya credit for the awesome idea. πŸ˜‰

Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield
                            • Total Posts: 405

*jumps in to this convo with both feet* I never understood why writers used that phrase-ology in the first place. How else would I jump in, with just one foot? But I have two! And it’s just not possible to jump in with three. Despite the fact that some people in this conversation have more than the usual number of thumbs, I have a normal number of feet.

Yay for coffee! And three cheers for tea! I love them both. (Now that we got that out of the way πŸ™‚

@writefury
                            Lovely design! I’m so glad you found it! If it becomes a thing, I’ll definitely be buying one! And then you can autograph the back of the t-shirt! Then I’ll shriek in delight “Cobalt Creator signed my shirt!” *dances around the room throwing confetti*

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Adry_Grace
                            @adry_grace
                              • Total Posts: 169

@rolena-hatfield I was under the impression that it was jumping in with two feet (all at once without any forethought) as opposed to first testing the waters. It’s good you have the normal number of feet, if you had any more I would be concerned as well as curious as to how you attained them.

If @writefury is signing shirts then I would also appreciate it if Cobalt Creator would sign my shirt as well. *dances with Rolena*

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >