Writers' Corner #20

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #20

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 736 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@valtmy

Oh, interesting. I think Yilla would fear losing her family the most, as much of what she does is to protect them. I think Courageous fears losing just about everything so its hard to say what he fears most. High-Praise would start off fearing losing her position and privilege and finishes off fearing losing her children.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice

@valtmy

What would your characters be like if they had made a different decision at a major turning point in their lives?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
        @valtmy
          • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

Oh wow. That’s actually a very relevant question for my characters.

QOD: If Myeongwol had chosen differently, her life would be tougher in the short term. She would lose her position and privileges in the short term but in the long term she would have had a much better chance for happiness. For Seungyun, his major decision points are set for the future so it is hard to say. For Taekyeon, he has spent much of his life being powerless but the decisions he has made… Things would be much harder for him materially had he chosen differently but he would overall be less damaged and scarred. Best case scenario would have been both him and Myeongwol choosing differently together 😛

ROF: Well, my emperor was not born an emperor and the crown prince was born and raised in the midst of a deadly siege. So had they done anything differently, they would be dead.

My question: What email addresses or usernames would your characters choose if they were using the internet? 😀

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@valtmy

😀 Yilla would be one of those super practical people whose email address is YillaGaegonal. Courageous would stay well away from the internet and High-Praise would go with TheMostAwesomeQueen or something like that.

What is your characters favourite type of chocolate?

valtmy
            @valtmy

@seekjustice

QOD: I can see Myeongwol liking chocolate if it existed in her world. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, the sweet stuff crafted in heart shaped and given as romantic gifts 😛
              Seungyun I can’t see liking sweets. Maybe dark chocolate or sea salt?
              Taekyeon would be happy with any kind of chocolate since his childhood was so deprived.

ROF: The emperor and crown prince would balk at the idea of valuable farmland being used to grow cocoa beans to make unnecessary treats that will not fill up anyone’s stomach.

Question: What is one thing your characters love about their parents and one thing they hate about them?

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@valtmy

Of course they would 😛

High-Praise’s father is dead and she never knew him, but she loves her mother’s wisdom. The thing she hates would be the fact that her mother sold her off as a child bride. Which would probably be a relationship dampener for anyone.

Yilla loves her father and stepmother’s love for each other and their family. She hates the fact that her father is ill, which isn’t his fault.

Courageous admires, though I’m not sure if he loves, his father’s physical and mental strength and he hates the way his father torments him because of his hundred and one issues.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@valtmy

Who would your character trust with their deepest secret?

valtmy
                  @valtmy

@seekjustice

QOD: For Myeongwol, it is her mother. For Taekyeon, it is his best friend Geun Ji. For Seungyun… Seungyun does not trust anyone. 🙁

ROF: The emperor has a confidant in his wife who he loves dearly and shares his burdens with. 😛 The crown prince is close to both his parents but if the secret is not something flattering, I think he would more likely go to his bodyguard or his not-girlfriend (yes, she is really, really not his girlfriend) who have been his companions since childhood.

Question: How did your characters imagine their lives would turn out back when they were children?

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@valtmy

I imagine Yilla had in mind a quiet life, getting married, having children and doing all the other things expected of her. Courageous wasn’t imagining anything other than Not King. High-Praise was going for flattery, admiration from all the world and a rather sugary sweet romance.

None of them really got what they wanted.

Do your characters have any nicknames?

valtmy
                      @valtmy

@seekjustice

QOD: Depending on whether she has her disguise on or not, Myeongwol is either worshipped as the People’s Queen or reviled as the Traitor Queen. Taekyeon would be commonly called a flower boy due to his appearance and would probably be given other more awful nicknames. Seungyun likely has people whispering behind his backs about him being a ‘false nobleman’ or a ‘near bastard’

ROF: The emperor is the Crazy Emperor. Because his ramblings about Epic Love Stories really do make him sound like a madman. The crown prince is either the Hero of the Ten Year Siege or a demon in the form of a boy.

My question: What would it take for your characters to speak out and defend a stranger in public?

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@valtmy

Yilla: she’d do it without really thinking, as its just her principal to speak up against things she sees as unjust or simply not productive. Courageous: it would take a lot and he would need to feel a lot of passion and/or anger. High-Praise would have to feel a lot of compassion and agree that the person being defended was in the right.

Anyway, I have to go now. It has been lovely talking to you all afternoon! I’ll talk soon 😀

valtmy
                          @valtmy

@seekjustice

Same here. All right. Talk to you another time. 😀

WarrenLuther04
                            @warrenluther04
                              • Total Posts: 270

Hi guys, I’m writing/waiting for lunch XD!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                              ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine
                                • Total Posts: 3322

@warrenluthor04 I’m sorry I missed you!

@seekjustice
                                @jenwriter17 @valtmy Is anyone around?  I’m writing now.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 736 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >