Writers' Corner #20

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #20

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 736 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

😛 when I’m tired I always tag either you or myself. Sorry @valtmy .

Well, it turned out okay…I’d hardly say its my best work, but since it’s a petticoat and no one should be seeing it anyway, I’m sure it’s fine. This morning I’m working on a full tartan skirt, which is turning out much better so far.

It’s a costume for a dance performance which I’m doing tomorrow. I really shoulder have done it earlier, but with all the craziness these past few weeks I was too stressed and tired to do it.

I’m such a good procrastinator. 😀 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice What type of tartan do you wear?  (The different ones mean different things, right?)

Haha, I’m an amazing procrastinator too! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m not sure if its a “real” tartan, I’d have to find out. But yes, they are heraldic, so different families have different tartans.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Ariel Ashira
          @ariel-ashira
            • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine @seekjustice @jenwriter17 You on right now?

"In a mask, was he?"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@ariel-ashira

Well, I’m sewing, if that counts 🙂

valtmy
              @valtmy
                • Total Posts: 732

@rochellaine @seekjustice @ariel-ashira

Hey guys. Will be here for a short while.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@valtmy welcome!

@Rochellaine
                  @ariel-ashira

My brother and sister are currently maligning American culinary tastes 😛

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice 😛

The question is…what are American culinary tastes?  We have such a mixture here, since we’re a melting pot of all nations. 😉

What particular tastes do they think the general population has that are worth maligning?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

The number one at the moment is your propensity to deep fry everything, closely followed by peanut butter and jelly/jam and the fact that you don’t eat beetroot on burgers.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha, I have to admit that American food is known for being all fried, salted, and sugared far beyond the tastes of normalcy, and with reason.  We make fun of it ourselves, though. 😉  A lot of people don’t eat fast food much, but it is a real thing.

Wait…there are people who don’t eat pb&j???  Are you serious?  Wow.  Have you ever tried it?  Is there a reason they don’t like it, or is it just “boring”?

My great confusion is that you call it beetroot in the first place.  You wouldn’t say “carrotroot”, “onionroot”, or “potatoroot” would you?  So why slap the “root” to the back of the beet?  It’s just a beet.  A plain, ordinary beet (unless it’s pickled, in which case it’s no longer plain, but still a beet) so why must you clarify that it is a root as opposed to a beet that is not a root?  Are there other parts of the beet plant that you can eat?  Feel free to ask your siblings these questions.  They are deeply weighing on my mind, and maybe they can enlighten me.  😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                        @valtmy

@rochellaine @seekjustice

Where I am American cuisine is maligned as well. Lots of people will say they like Thai food, Korean food, Japanese food etc. but I’ve never met anyone who said they like American food. 😛

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@valtmy But even American Asian restaurants are often “Americanized” and contain all fried and sugared food as well.  You’ve got to go to an authentic Asian restaurant to get good food. 😉

I prefer Italian, usually, or Middle Eastern.  What about you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@valtmy Oh…have you ever been to an American “Chinese” restaurant?  (The fake kind.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                              @valtmy

@rochellaine

I tend to only like specific dishes from specific cuisines but my overall favourites are Chinese and Japanese food. It helps that Asian cuisines have a really wide variety of dishes to choose from since a lot of the cuisine varies based on different regions.

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@Valtmy

Yep, pretty much 😛

Here American food is categorised by MacDonalds, KFC and Hungry Jacks. None of which are particularly nice.

Having said that, its “Australianised” American because the burgers all have beetroot on them 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 736 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >