Write to bring me pain.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Write to bring me pain.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

@whalekeeper eheheheheh my current WIP (that clean-but-still-kind-of-a-mess shooter game romance fanfic) has….let me check….

16172 words. that’s enough for 32 planks, or 3 character drawings. It’s also only about half finished.

I’m not going to post all that here though because I feel like that’d be torture for you. I’ll go look for something else.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1404

@whalekeeper

LOL this is such a funny idea! Now I’m kind of motivated to go write, xD

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped

The Ducktator
        @theducktator
          • Total Posts: 723

@whalekeeper

I wrote 500 words!

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

The Ducktator
          @theducktator
            • Total Posts: 723

They’re on paper though, so I can’t post them. (Yes, I counted each individual word just to bring you pain. You’re welcome.😜)

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

whaley
            @whalekeeper
              • Total Posts: 3141

@theducktator

I hath shivered like the leaf in autumn breeze…

“Everything is a mountain”

TheShadow
              @theshadow
                • Total Posts: 305

@whalekeeper

Ooh, this looks very intriguing. And perfect timing too since I started writing my book… my apologies for the future pain you will have to suffer

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

-GRCR-
                @grcr
                  • Total Posts: 1142

@whalekeeper

I wrote five hundred words! 😈😈

Fin knew. Riker knew.
                  Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

whaley
                  @whalekeeper

@GRCR

How could you

whaley
                    @whalekeeper

All of you are pure evil. You will stop being evil now, right?

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings
                        • Total Posts: 2972

@whalekeeper

That meme is my literal favorite, I can hear it with the scuffed accent in my head when I read it too lol 😭😂

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Loopy
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper Over 800. I’m going for that onesie drawing.

Numb and bloody bare feet pounded the frozen earth. A girl ran, tripped, and scrambled through the trees. Pine branches whipped at her face. Her face was pink from cold and exertion. Her hair was as white as the snowflakes caught in its tangles. Her cheeks were wet.

Ahead was a familiar old tree with plenty of handholds and spots to sit. Without hesitation, the girl leapt into its branches, carelessly scraping her palms and knees just to get higher. And higher. Finally she crouched down on the thinnest branch that would hold her and watched the ground below with unblinking eyes. Her heartbeat pattered against her ribs. She listened for the sound of clockwork.

The snow-muffled silence and a distant click. Her stomach twisted.

Her mind raced. There was no one coming to help her. She gritted her teeth and her eyes welled up as she realized the truth. There was no one. Nothing was coming for her except the steadily tromping thing beneath the branches.

It smelled of warm earth and walked with a limp.

Click. Step. Scrape. Click. Step. Scrape. Click. Step.

Click.

The train jostled and rattled on its track, bouncing Felicity’s forehead hard against the cold window. She grunted in protest. Slowly, the fuzzy landscape outside sharpened as her white eyelashes fluttered open. Wiping a bit of drool from the corner of her mouth, she shifted to a more upright position, one leg still sticking out across the aisle. She squinted out the window. A forest of white capped evergreens was rushing past. The snow made everything look quiet and innocent.

Someone’s foot collided with her’s, knocking off her shoe and making a loud thud. Her head whipped around to see, in addition to the other passengers watching the scene, two men, both regaining their balance. One was skinny with curly back hair and glasses, and was looking about, mildly confused, for what tripped him. Though ruffled, he had nice clothes, a white button down shirt and a green vest. It was clear he was from the city. The other man was older and bigger and less well dressed. He did not look pleased.

“Watch it, city kid. Being a Linmaus resident doesn’t give you the right to push us honest country folk around.”

The curly haired boy looked up as if he hadn’t noticed the other man before. Now that Felicity could see his eyes, they looked passive and disinterested, with no emotion but the tiniest bit of surprise, which faded quickly.

“Don’t flatter yourself. That was an accident.”

“Don’t fib.” The big man took a step forward and shoved the boy in the chest. Felicity noted the red in his face. This was not going anywhere good. A few female passengers gasped as the boy stumbled a few steps backwards like a limp marionette, barely held up by its strings.

Felicity suddenly found herself on her feet. She looked the man in the eye and felt a little twinge of pride when she saw she was the same height as him.

“I tripped him! It was an accident. You can back off now.”

This close, she could smell the whiskey on the man’s breath. But she could also see the uncertainty in his glaring eyes. She smiled in an attempt to look innocent.

“You wouldn’t hit a lady, would you?”

The man considered. Then he grunted and turned, shuffling away down the aisle. Felicity relaxed.

“Thanks.” Behind her, the boy was brushing himself off, though it did little to fix the wrinkles in his outfit. Felicity plopped back down on her seat, fiddling with one of her long white braids.

“No problem.”

The boy gave a polite nod, turned to leave, then noticed something on the ground.

“Oh.” He picked up her lost shoe from the ground and handed it to her.

“Here’s your shoe.”

She scowled at it. “Those have just been making my feet cramp all day anyway. You can keep it.”

The boy turned his head to the side and furrowed his brows in confusion. “I, uh… don’t want it?”

Felicity shrugged and took the shoe. As she was attempting to shove it back on her foot, he turned to leave again.

“Wait!” She grabbed at his sleeve and smiled when he turned. “You didn’t tell me your name.”

“Was I supposed to?” was his dry response.

Felicity paused, then attempted to be polite again. “Well… I’m Felicity. I, um, don’t know many people.”

To her annoyance, he merely stared at her with those passive, almost dead eyes. She was about to open her mouth with a cold dismissal, when he finally responded.

“Lois Thorne.”

Felicity’s snort came out louder than expected. “Lois? Isn’t that a girl’s name?”

“No, it’s not. It’s mine.”

If the boy felt at all annoyed at the question, she couldn’t tell. She honestly would have received more social cues talking to one of the cows on her old farm.

After a pause, he sat down in the seat across from her.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                          @loopylin

@whaley Also I think this helped me fix my writing block so thank you

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                            @loopylin

Also also I made a new music playlist for this Fel and Lois project that I really love that I could share in the music topic tomorrow, but I should probably finally go to sleep now goodnight

Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle
                                • Total Posts: 1074

@whalekeeper

I wrote 15,000

Yesterday and today combined.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@LOOPYLIN @ELLETTE-GISELLE

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >