Worst Books You’ve Ever Read? 😂

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Worst Books You’ve Ever Read? 😂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Felicity
    @felicity
      • Total Posts: 811

@elishavet-pidyon

Yes!! Ok maybe I didn’t cry for real but that part was really good and I wasn’t expecting it at all!
      Who is your favorite character? Mine has to be Smalls, 👑 although I love Emma as well. And Helmer. 😢

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

@felicity

It was! And yeah, I wasn’t really expecting it either, even though I did want it soo badly. I was very relieved.

Favorite characters are hard to choose, bit I’ll try. Smalls is definitely one 👑💎. He has such a satisfying personality, so quiet yet authoritative.

Other than Smalls, of course Heather, Emma, Helmer, and Picket. And Jo, always Jo. XD (and I have to stop there or I’ll have half the cast.)

Oh! Have you read the Tails of Old Natalia? In those, I like Lander, Jimmi, and Massie.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Felicity
        @felicity

@elishavet-pidyon

Oh yes, good old Joe Shanks!!!
          And dear sweet Wizzy.

I haven’t read those yet. Should I?

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1013

@felicity

Ok, I was curious!

They’re pretty great. They explain a lot of the lore, though perhaps not as far back as the last GE book does. They’re not as lengthy as the main series, and maybe not quite as well written either, but really nice Natalian reads over all. They do have some just plain awesome characters (Massie!!).

They tell the stories behind things like the Oath, the Dragon Tombs, Grimble Island, and Flint’s stone sword.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Erica
            @starofthenorth
              • Total Posts: 199

I think it was @elishavet-pidyon who said this?

I was a little scared to read the Sorcerer of the North too, but it’s not at all real magic, just a couple light displays 🙂

Sorry if I gave too much away.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Erica.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Felicity
              @felicity

@elishavet-pidyon

I want to read them but they’re over my budget right now. 😀 Maybe next year!

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

@starofthenorth hmm I can only think of one and I can’t remember the series name.

It was a Disney Hyperion series, and it actually wasn’t necessarily bad, but I stopped reading because the second book made me so angry I literally never picked up another book in the series agin.

why and how did it make me angry u ask?

A CHARACTER DEATH!!

THE SECOND BOOK INTRODUCE ME TO A CHARACTER AND MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM AND THEN KILLED HIM IN THE MOST SAD WAY AND I WAS HEARTBROKEN AND CRIED AND MY SISTER DID TOO AND I WILL NOT READ THAT SERIES!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

His name was Mako…

AND HE JUST A BABAYYY UUUGGGHHH (not a literal baby but y’all know what I mean)

anyway.

@sarafini ya I get ya with series of unfortunate events but honestly at one point I binged the series and I really loved it! So yea 😅

@madelyn

OOH OOH! The blue dolphins book, is that the one with that boy and the sister and the wolves and stuff?

MAJOOOOR SPOILER ALERT IF SO!!! SPOILLEEEEEER I WARNED UUUUUU

If it is, my best friend was reading that (idk if she ever finished it) AND LITERALLY HATED IT XD XD

She’s like BRUH the wolves kill her brother, and she BECOMES FRIENDS WITH THEM LIKE WUUUUUT?! And I’m like

yea that’s dumb….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Arien
                    @arien
                      • Total Posts: 193

@madelyn @godlyfantasy12

Okay, I have to jump in here and say . . . Island of the Blue Dolphins is not a horrible book. It’s not a fast-paced action plot, but the emotions that girl goes through . . . and the descriptions of life on the Pacific island off the coast of California (somewhere we don’t often get historical fiction from) . . . is really good. Karana’s independence, strength, and ingenuity are truly amazing. How many other teen girls could survive perfectly well alone on an island, having to make most of their tools themselves?

It’s fine if you don’t like it! And okay, as far as the wolves . . . yeah, one kills her brother. But later Karana finds an injured one. At first she’s going to kill it, but she ends up nursing it back to health and (naturally) it becomes devoted to her. Hey, she needed a friend, even if it was just a dog!

I’ve never read Carlota but I have read many of O’Dell’s books. Some are amazing (Streams to the River, River to the Sea and Black Star, Bright Dawn are some of my favorites) but others really can be boring. Or if not boring, it’s more like average life somewhere, and I don’t find it quite as interesting.

But then again . . . I don’t read much action/adventure all the time, so maybe it’s just me? 😊

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
                      -Christopher Blakewell

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >