Words: need. my. words. back.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Words: need. my. words. back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 40

I can’t find my words. 1,600 words? Nah. How ’bout 6.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Ahem. *Pushes reading-glasses up bridge of nose, presses lips together primly.* How may I be of service?

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

What is this about?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
          @writefury
            • Total Posts: 467
            Daeus
            @daeus

Are you saying this exercise isn’t working for you? If so, don’t worry about it. Different systems work for different people.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ezra Wilkinson
              @ezra-wilkinson
                • Total Posts: 146

I got bored reading the first sentence of that system, so I didn’t read the rest.

I offer for you…(for the low price of absolutely no money whatesoever) The Ezra Wilkinson System instead.

Write.

It’s highly simple, but it works wonders.

(Disclaimer: The Ezra Wilkinson System is highly flawed, as it took him two years to write fifty thousand words. Side effect may include hating him, hating anything associated with him, thinking him to be a useless being, and complaining about moose.)

Rosey Mucklestone
                @writefury
                  • Total Posts: 467

Are you saying this exercise isn’t working for you? If so, don’t worry about it. Different systems work for different people.

No, I’m not saying that doesn’t work for me. I’m saying it worked for me and that’s why I’m offering it.
                  Though, different systems work for different people, I agree. So take a pick. Ezra has presented another option. 😛

Hope Ann
                  @hope
                    • Total Posts: 1092

The Ezra Wilkinson System instead.
                    Write.
                    It’s highly simple, but it works wonders.

I think I’ll stick with this method…with the addition of self-imposed deadlines that keep me working even when I hate every word. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anonymous

I can’t find the words to write. It’s very annoying when I’m supposed to be participating in NANOWRIMO. #havenotwrittenindays #worstwriterever

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

I know where you can find some words. There’s this really cool book I’ve read, and it’s really helpful when it comes to words.

It’s called the dictionary. 😛

Anonymous

I think I may own one (or seven) of those…perhaps some light reading in the morning…? 😉

David B. Hunter
                          @dbhgodreigns
                            • Total Posts: 89

I suggest you figure out where the particular scene is going. It’s easier to write if you have some direction.

Anonymous

Thanks peeps for the advice (and sorry that I completely ignored this post for a few days, I’ve been tearing wallpapers off of walls. literally).

UPDATE: My words have been found! My words have been found! At least, for right now at 6:35 p.m. Eastern Time on November 10th, 2015. Nothing is set in stone for tomorrow or the rest of my life, for that matter. But I found a few words for now.

I guess it really helps to know where you want the novel to go and what you want it to do. Just sitting down and writing isn’t always the best thing (for me, at least). Perhaps planning is a good thing. Then again…

Daeus
                              @daeus

Have you ever tried outlining before? Perhaps you are one of those types of people and just don’t know it. I think with anyone outline will help them write faster even if for certain people it may still not be worth it.

My system is only a little different from the Ezra system. It is more complicated and therefore a devolution.

Do an outline of anything really major.
                                Start writing
                                Daydream about the story
                                Daydream about anything but the story
                                Go waste time on the internet
                                Eat a snack
                                Go back to writing

Note that this system is not recommended by the federal department of proper writing techniques (Of course it exists, federal everything is a thing)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

The thing is, Daeus, once I start outlining, I end up outlining everything. Like, literally everything. All twenty-seven novel ideas in my head, all three hundred and forty-seven plot bunnies all nine thousand and two characters (and then I must go on Pinterest to find pictures of said nine thousand and two, then I must pin them all, then I must name them all, then I must give them all quirky traits). And then I realize I have nothing that was of great importance to my WIP.

My brain is a terrible place to be. They say girl’s have brains like spaghetti, well, my spaghetti went through the blender on puree mode and someone tried to turn it into an ice cream bar, but it melted and became a block of swiss cheese that molded and someone mistook for broccoli.

But, I should probably try a bit harder to establish an outline and work from that, eh? Maybe I’d find more success in life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >