WIP Idea??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LandriC
    @landric
      • Total Posts: 105

@kyronthearcanin @euodia.vision @acancello @starshiness @esther-c @gwyndalf-the-wise @freedomwriter76 @felicity @mineralizedwritings @hybridlore

Hi guys! I’m doing a YWW challenge this week to craft a story idea. What do you think so far?? I need suggestions, specifically at other character ideas for the needed side charries 😉

Blurb:

Kuyper has been on her own for a long time. Rivesque is not exactly the best kingdom to navigate on your own, but sixteen-year-old Kuyper is an expert at fending for herself in the streets. But when an accident resulting in a classified information leak forces Kuyper to seek out higher help, she finds herself tossed into a team of six young people (human and animal) who are the only ones capable of saving Rivesque. As Kuyper is pushed beyond her limits and her secrets are exposed, can she find the strength to continue?

What’s one important desire that your protagonist has?
      Kuyper wants connection and family. She desires someone who will love and accept her, but she never remembers having had this feeling, so she doesn’t really know that’s her desire.

What’s one important moral weakness that your protagonist has?
      Kuyper is very untrusting and struggles to be loyal. Having been abandoned so often and used to fending for herself, relationships are difficult. She is guilty of thinking of turning traitor multiple times to protect herself rather than the group.

What’s one important fear that your protagonist has?
      Kuyper is afraid of being found out. Unlike the people around her, Kuyper is a telepath. She can hear the thoughts and feelings of those around her. She’s never shared this detail with anyone since she was a child because she is too afraid of being shown to have magical parentage. (That’s a crime in their society.)

What’s one personality trait your protagonist can have that’s inspired by someone you know in real life?
      Kuyper is extremely intuitive to the moods and feelings of others. She does her best to help and comfort, even thought she can come across as a little rough on the exterior. (As influenced by a close friend of mine 😉)

What’s one admirable character quality that your protagonist has?
      Kuyper is extremely wise. She has a great head for planning, fighting, and strategy. She can think her way out of almost any situation based on previous experience. However, she also follows her moral code of chivalry, justice, and mercy very carefully. She does not give advice unless asked, but her advice is sound and true.

Backstory:
      Kuyper was born to a human mother and a father with magic mixed in his past. Therefore, Kuyper gains telepathy through her father’s blood. At a very young age, both of her parents were killed by other banished magical creatures because of judgements they made on Kuyper’s parents’ choices. Kuyper’s memory was wiped by the creatures and she was deposited at an orphanage. She ran away at the ripe old age of five and has been making money dumpster diving and street fighting ever since.

• This topic was modified 12 months ago by LandriC.
      • This topic was modified 12 months ago by LandriC.

"To death or to victory"

LandriC
      @landric

Also, what would you imagine Kuyper looking like based on the above descriptions?

"To death or to victory"

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1354

@landric

Wow!! I love it so far!! (Sorry about the wait, by the way)

Her motives and everything are really well done!! Also, I love teams, traitors, and the before-mentioned street thieves xD so this is right up my alley! I would love to read your first chapters once they’re written (if you’re into sharing).

I would imagine her kind of like Vin from Mistborn xD (this might not be accurate for Vin, since it’s been a while since I read it ) small, skinny, with short dark hair? Maybe that’s also a bit cliche for street orphans 😂 But that’s just how I picture her!!

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

LandriC
          @landric

@hybridlore

Thank you!! I’m glad it sounds appealing! I’m picturing her sort of like that too. We’ll see what happens, but I’ll definitely post when I get the first bit done!

"To death or to victory"

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2794

@landriC

Oh interesting! I imagine her having short dark olive colored hair, kinda skragley, as it would be for anyone living on the street.

へびは かっこいい です!

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3205

@landric

I love this story idea!! 😄

I don’t think I really have any suggestions at the moment. 🙃

I would imagine Kuyper with extra dirty blond hair, blue (or hazel) eyes, a little taller than most girls her age, and thinner too.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >