WIP Idea (still making outline) for Kharvia Anthology S1B1

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Sci-Fi WIP Idea (still making outline) for Kharvia Anthology S1B1

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Folith-Feolin
    @folith-feolin
      • Total Posts: 310

Also as a side note s1 b1 ‘s darkest plot thread is Tierne’s which in a way is skippable (not because he isn’t important but because his plot is less connected to the rest of s1 b1 as it mostly pertains to future books Similar to say Shallan from stormlight archive)

Otherworldly Historian
      @otherworldlyhistorian
        • Total Posts: 215

@godlyfantasy12
        I totally understand. I am like a super huge procrastinator. I used to/sometimes feel the exact same way.

I also completely understand the darkness thing (I only started reading darker fantasy stuff recently and know people who don’t and sometimes I really want them to read a really good book I read but know it would be too dark for them). (There is also a variant of this that is when I read something that is too dark for my younger sister now but know she would like it).

(I have also been on the other side where it is like the plot of that book/movie seems cool but I know I can’t watch it because it is too dark (or has inappropriate side stuff (the first one is not all that infuriating but I really dislike the later one because your like ‘why did [random author] do this because it wasn’t necessary))).

I am going to keep bad stuff in the vein of language and inappropriate scenes out of my story. There is going to be stuff like drugs though (these will be portrayed in a christian view though (ie they are bad and ruin peoples lives). Also the violence level will probably be like Stormlight level most of the time (there may be a few especially brutal scenes during the war but that is later). I think that the real darkness will be within the characters more than it is on the outside. What I mean is that I feel that more of the Kharvian Anthologies darkness aspect is seen in the twistedness of the characters than gore or other things like that. I personally prefer this kind of darkness because it is what can is more useful (and not just like an author going ‘heh’ I just grossed out all the readers.)

Through darkness,
        light shines brightest

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@otherworldyhistorian @folith-feolin oh I totally get those things.

I’m totally out on the “Other stuff” u mention that ppl put in on the side. Such as language, and…well other immoral things (we’ll leave it at that) because it’s just completely unnecessary and honestly it just shows bad writing.

As for the other parts, wether it be violence, gore or inner darkness, it really depends on how far it goes for me and how it makes me feel and how The Lord reacts (cuz His spirit is within me 😊) and so if it’s making me anxious or something…it’s just not the best for me.

But at the same time I do understand dealing with the darker nature of certain things, but I don’t like the idea of going too far. And I wouldn’t enjoy anything that does, personally.

For instance (Idk if anyone on here has even seen this) but the Joker movie that came out a while back. I haven’t seen it, and will not be seeing it, even tho others in my family have. They told me I wouldn’t be comfortable or enjoy it, and I don’t think I would 😅

But I love the Joker. I love his insanity, etc. But as for that movie, it would’ve gone too far for me.

Don’t know if that makes sense but yea.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2013

@otherworldlyhistorian @folith-feolin

I finally got around to reading this, and I love it sooo much! I really like the magic system and the storylines. I wanna read it all right now, but it doesn’t fully exist yet. Do all the stories lead up to one big thing that happens (like the overthrow of the corrupt governments or something)?

Folith, you said your brother didn’t mention your favorite characters. Who are they, then?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Folith-Feolin
            @folith-feolin
              • Total Posts: 310

@loopylin

So most of s1 b1 combines into 1 final however all of one plot line and around  30% of another among some side plots combine into a second final hence why I said you can skip tierens plot line because while it has major implications for the series as a whole it does not necessarily do so for the first book.

As for characters he did not mention my accounts namesake (although I name most of my accounts off of wip characters (I use up all my naming energy on wips so then I have to repurpose things when naming accounts)) Folith-Feolin although he is not really in s1b1 (except for potentially mention by a character as the Anim plot-line that has not been very fleshed out yet is set to follow Feolins sister and one of my other favourites he neglected to mention Kithi.) I will also say I like a character in Teirens plot named Boden but Boden is pretty spoiler so I get why he was not mentioned. Also I do enjoy Mauraziers Glaurung and Pijiny (both of these names are references to things if you want to try to figure out what) not because they are good characters but because they are both very good from a literary perspective and I enjoyed creating them and watching them develop as we made the series.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >