Why was my post marked as spam?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Why was my post marked as spam?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mallory O’Bier
    @overcomer
      • Total Posts: 550

So I posted a new post in the poetry critiques, but I had to edit a couple of times to make the formatting right. Suddenly, it was marked as spam and hidden? I’m confused.

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2581

@overcomer

Hi! I’ve had that happen before, especially if I’m editing it, and someone makes a post in the same area of the forum. Basically if someone else makes a post while yours is still in the process of being posted, the KP ghost steals the slower post 😜

I’m sorry I can’t fix anything! I’ll tag @kathleenramm

But she’s not on here a lot – understandably – so I don’t know how long it will take to fix

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Kathleen
        @kathleenramm
          • Total Posts: 635

@overcomer @whalekeeper

Thanks for letting me know about this issue! Spam marking is an automated program and unfortunately, it is quite faulty and unrightfully marks perfectly fine posts as spam. I’m currently looking into ways to make adjustments to this program so that it’s more accurate with its spam marking.

Have you been able to get your post up or is it still hidden?

Sorry for all the trouble! Hopefully, I can find a solution soon. Thank you for bearing with it for the time being. 😅

Mallory O’Bier
          @overcomer

Thanks, @whalekeeper ! 🙂

Hi, @kathleenramm ! I haven’t tried reposting it yet. It’s still hidden so far as I can make out. I see on my profile that I made the post, but it’s still marked as spam in the thread section.

Mallory O’Bier
            @overcomer

Okay, I just deleted the old post from my feed, redid the post and reposted it. It worked. 🙂 @kathleenramm

I think it must’ve marked it as spam before because I edited it a few times? Not really sure. Weird.

Kathleen
              @kathleenramm
                • Total Posts: 635

@overcomer

Glad the post is now up!

I think it must’ve marked it as spam before because I edited it a few times?

That’s my best guess. The site tends to get a bit finicky when making edits. I’m not sure the exact cause of why this is, but I’ll be looking into it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >