Where do you find Gifs/memes/etc?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you find Gifs/memes/etc?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920
      • Total Posts: 92

@anyone (especially if you have a blog/website, your input is much appreciated!)

So, confession.  When it comes to social media, I’m a day late and a dollar short 😊  But my sister and I were looking to start a blog (still very much in the planning stages).  And I was wondering where people get gifs, memes, and free stock photos for their websites (We’re already signed up with Canva; we’re hoping to find other stock photo sites for variety).

Does anyone have any recommendations?  Any favorite sites that you’d suggest for gifs or memes (in fact, does anyone here actually create their own memes?  If so, how?)

Thanks so much!  Any advice is greatly appreciated!  🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@imwritehere1920 Unsplash for stock photos! Back when I created memes I just looked up “meme maker” and used whatever popped up…gifs I go to Pinterest, though I don’t think they’re stock…

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

imwritehere1920
        @imwritehere1920

@devastate-lasting

Cool, I’ll definitely check it out.  Thanks!

I just realized I forgot to actually finishing tagging people at the end of the post *slams palm onto forehead*…… Now for names…. ???  *tries to remember at least three more…*

@issawriter  @joy-caroline  @writergirl101 @ireallyneedtowritedownmyfriends’usernamesforreference  XD

If you know of other people to tag, please feel free.  The more the merrier!  🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@imwritehere1920 Here, I’ll liven it up for you… (I just got to their profiles cuz I really can’t remember…)

@gracie-j
            @issawriter7 @scripter-of-kingdoms @nova21 @jenwriter17

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

imwritehere1920
            @imwritehere1920

@devastate-lasting

Thanks so much!

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Issabelle Perry
              @issawriter7
                • Total Posts: 976

@imwritehere1920

LILY!!!! You’re thinking about starting a blog??!! THAT’S SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know the moment it/when you get it live ’cause I wanna be your first follower!!!! Anyways, don’t worry, I’ve got ya back!! So I get free images from Unsplash and Pexels, I don’t really know of any other places besides those two. I get my GIFs from giphy.com, though some website platforms like Wixsite and (I think) WordPress.com automatically have GIFs in their post builder. I actually don’t know what the copyright rules and stuff are for memes. So, yep!! If you’ve got any questions and all I’d be MORE THAN HAPPY to help!!!!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                @issawriter7

@devastate-lasting

Yeah, I normally just copy and paste everyone’s usernames so I get it right. ‘Cause every time I try to type usernames off top of my head, I always end up spelling yours wrong and I have no idea why. 😆

TeenWritersNook.com

Katherine
                  @mkfairygirl
                    • Total Posts: 549

@imwritehere1920 You’re starting a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRL, THAT’S SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃😃😃 Let me know when you get it up! So, I do a lot of the same things Issabelle does (’cause, well, ya know, we share a blog). I’m not very good at technology, so what I know, I probably learned from Issabelle too. Often, pictures I download from Unsplash and Pexels, I upload into Canva for when I’m designing things like mock covers or character boards. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 🙂

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                    Fall in love with Jesus

imwritehere1920
                    @imwritehere1920

@issawriter7  and  @mkfairygirl

Eek!  Thanks so much for your advice!  My sister and I are still in the research stage, so we’re not sure how it will go, but when we get it up, I’ll definitely give you guys a heads up!

Yeah, I’m not much a tech user myself XD (let’s just say that sometimes we’re not ‘simpatico’)

Quick question: do you use a certain blog plugin to install the subscriber button?

Ooo, I never thought about copying and pasting usernames; yeah, I sometimes start to spell the usernames wrong (hence the aforementioned post.)  XD

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Issabelle Perry
                      @issawriter7

@imwritehere1920

You’re sooooooo welcome!!!!!! Ooooh, AWESOME!!!!!!! This is just soooo cool!!!!!!

Kind of. For the subscriber button it really depends on what you’re using. If you actually get an email list through like MailChimp or MailerLite, I’m not entirely sure how you get the subscriber button. TWN is just using the automatic notifications that WordPress provides, so they add that button for me to put on my blog and handles everything else.

LOL!!!! Yeah, copying and pasting is soooo much easier, ’cause I don’t have to worry if I’ve got it wrong. XD

TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1379

@imwritehere1920

That’s great you’re gonna start a blog! Def let me know when it goes up.

I honestly don’t use memes and GIFs on my website too often, but if you’d like to use them on yours, GIPHY is a good source. The photos I use nearly all come from Desiring God and Biblia Faithlife. Those websites have awesome photos. And this is just me, but I’m very conscientious about which sources I take my photos from. ‘Cause I always give credit to the sources, and I don’t want to have to cite a source that contains inappropriate content. Like, I can’t even read those sites or mention them in good conscience, so I always use photos only from sites I love and trust, and which have God-honoring content as a whole.

Always, always, always give credit to the sources when you take photos from another website. That way you never have to worry about copyright. I also have a disclaimer on my home page explaining that I do not own most of the imagery I use on my blog, but always try to give credit to the sources; and if anyone is the owner of something and wants me to take it down all they have to do is contact me and I will do so immediately. I def recommend having a statement of the sort on your home page, where it can easily be seen. That way you can be safe with all that and protect yourself, then you can just enjoy blogging with no worries.

(You probably already know everything I just wrote, but in case you don’t I just thought I’d mention it. 🙂 )

If you ever have any questions I’d be happy to help!

imwritehere1920
                          @imwritehere1920

@issawriter7

Ooo, okay.  So we were thinking about using WordPress, so we’ll take a look at what they got!  Thanks.

@joy-caroline

Thanks so much for your advice.  I was wondering how to handle the copyright of photos, gifs, etc.  That sounds like a good idea to use a disclaimer or invite the owner to contact you about the images you use.

And I’ll definitely put you on the list of people to give a first heads up about our blog  🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@imwritehere1920

No prob! Glad I could help.

Yay, can’t wait!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >