What’s your most recent writing-related web search? ;)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What’s your most recent writing-related web search? ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@queen_of_alvastia. I see…poor Camron. *sniff*

Of course! Trying other genres is always fun! 😉

Ooh, good questions! 😁

First off, favorite part. Well, being a full History nerd, the research is fun for me, but I would have to say that my favorite part of writing Historical Fiction is being able to show the faithfulness of God. How, even though the characters are fictitious, I enjoy showing how God is faithful now, he was faithful then, and he will always be faithful. Plus, I love showing the other side of the story of History. (Riker is a perfect example of that. 🥰)

I actually can’t quite remember exactly what made me decide to start writing His-Fic. I had been reading it for a while, and also the shows Liberty Kids and The Long Long Holiday probably influenced me too. 😂😉 I do know that my first His-Fic book idea was about The American Revolution. A book I am still planning on writing, it’s just on backburner for now. 😅

Queen_of_Alvastia
      @queen_of_alvastia
        • Total Posts: 612

@freedomwriter76 I’m kinda rough on my charries. (This is the same guy who got captured by Northern soldiers when he went to track down a Northern spy so now everyone thinks he’s a traitor…)

😀😀

I love history XD Except I’m not that big into the research… 🙄🙄 *hides*

That’s such a beautiful message – and one our culture stands in need of!! I never really thought about that aspect of His-Fic (That abbreviation is so fun to type! IDK why. I think I’m just an interesting person and randomly little things like that make happy….) By other side, I’m assuming you mean the stuff we don’t usually read about like SS soldiers? (That’s what you call them right?)

😋😋😋😊😊😊 I have backburner ideas too, so I get you! XD If you ever finish it I would love to hear about it! Or just what you have now (if you don’t mind sharing)

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. Hmm…he sounds interesting. 🤔🤔🤔

I get you! Not everyone likes research! 😁

Aww, thank you! Yes, a message we all need. 😉 Yep! That’s exactly what I mean! (and yes, that’s what they’re called. The official name was Schutzstaffel. But that’s a mouthful, lol. 😂) And…uhm…the American Revolution book is COMPLETELY from the POV of a British Soldier. 🤫😜

I’d LOVE to share about it! I haven’t talked about it in a long time. 😅 Alright, so, it’s from the POV of Nathan Meijer, a British Royal Army Private who’s fighting in Virginia during the American Revolution. He’s Irish and was “pressed” into the Army. Anywho! He meets and befriends David Andrews, a Private in the American army. 😉 (I love them both! 😍) They become amazing friends, spend a lot of time together, and almost have a brother/brother relationship that forms between them.

But…David…dies. Someone (it won’t be revealed who until possibly the end of the book…suspense! 😮) tries to shoot and kill Nathan when there isn’t a battle going on.

And David…David…jumps in front of Nathan, taking the bullet that was meant for Nathan. 😭🥰

Nathan questions why, especially when they were on opposing sides of the war, and there are other important characters (like Dr. Morrison! 😍) but basically, the book’s message is about God’s love and how: “Love isn’t words. It’s a sacrifice.” 

Thus, the book’s title is this: Love’s Sacrifice. 

I came up with the idea when I was struggling with believing in God’s love, so it’s probably a personal book for me. 😅

Queen_of_Alvastia
          @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 I’m finally hopping back on and answering everything on KP….

XD Yeah he is!

😊😊

It is! (Wow no wonder they abbreviated it XD)

*gasp* THAT IS….WOW…. David!!! *cries forever* *heads into tissue fort* I love that though. I mean it’s SO SAD but love as a sacrifice and not just this mushy feeling…. That is fantastic! And I love the title too!!!

I love that you came up with that plot based on something that you, personally, could relate too. I mean, I bet that you can really get into Nathan’s POV and it’s gonna be amazing…..🥰🥰 (Even as the readers all bawl their eyes out 😭😭)

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. Aww…girl, thank you so much!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

It means a lot to me to know you love the idea! I firmly believe Love is so much more than words or feelings, so, yeah! 😁

Yes, something I can very personally relate to. (and I think a lot of other people too) Yep, certainly makes it easier. That’s why it’s also easy to get into Riker’s POV because I have also dealt with having trouble forgiving myself and guilt throughout the years, and knowing and learning that there’s grace for that is a journey for both Riker and myself. 💖💖💖 Getting into Leon’s POV has been quite a bit harder…y’know? 😅

Queen_of_Alvastia
              @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 You’re welcome! *hugs you*

YES!! IT IS!!!

You’re making me cry again girl And yeah, I can relate to that too although my struggle for awhile was more along the lines of assurance… Hmmm I can see how Leon would be hard! 🙂

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. *hugs you tight back*

I make myself cry all the time! XD Yeah, Leon cen be a struggle. 😅

Queen_of_Alvastia
                  @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 It’s easy for me to make myself cry. I can do it in one word: Kerwin Oh Leon *shakes head*

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1428

My recent searches aren’t my most interesting, but here goes:

Royal Library of Copenhagen

Tartans and claymores

Irish harps

Medieval shackles

Swamps and bogs of Scotland

How is wind speed measured in Israel

Google Translate

Behind the name

1400s Russian imperial robes

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. OOH, cool! 😀

Queen_of_Alvastia
                        @queen_of_alvastia

How to evade and escape tracking dogs

Runaway slaves in the middle ages

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >