What’s your favorite Backstory?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week What’s your favorite Backstory?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

@elfwing

I love characters that you can’t tell whether to trust or run the opposite direction from. XD And Lord Rodolpho Greco sounds like one of those characters.

I haven’t heard of The River of Time series before, did you enjoy it?

I just watched ATLA a few months ago because my younger brother recommended it, and it’s so fun! (Especially if you watch it with friends or siblings).  Plus each season is better than the last, so you always have something to look forward to.

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@kathleenramm

yes, those are the best! I am attempting to write one of those charries right now… not sure I’m succeeding XD meh, whatever I’ll try anyways

Yes, they’re historical fiction, and I totally liked them. Be prepared for tears at certain points. They are Young Adult, and although they’re not graphic in war descriptions, if you don’t like lots of war don’t read them. They are set in 14th century Italy in the civil war and the battles of any century are terrible things. Oh, and then they were hit with the Black Plague, so… lots of people may or may not die but I won’t spoil it. XD (They do have romance in them @gracie-j you might like them)

also, they are by a ‘christian author’ so they’re clean

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Elfwing.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
        @elfwing

@kathleenramm

I will have to check ATLA out, my best friend has nothing but good to say about it. I think I’ll enjoy them.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j
            • Total Posts: 1789

@elfwing Lisa Tawn Bergren, right? Yep, I’ve got the first book on my TBR list! Glad to hear you enjoyed the series…makes me more excited to read it!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Elfwing
            @elfwing

@gracie-j

Yesss that’s the one. oh yes, definitely read them! they’re well done. I like my history, so historical fiction is cool to read, though I suck at writing it XD

I admit my to-be-read list is very short. XD I want to read some classics, but I am not sure where to start. Les Miserable is one I do plan to read when I have lots of time to do so since I like sitting down and reading a book for hours at a time so I don’t forget what I’m reading XD

Do you have any suggestions for books?

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@elfwing I will!!!! I looove historical fiction too!

OOH! If you’re interested in classics, I HIGHLY recommend Pride and Prejudice! I LOOVE that book! And then, of course, there’s Gone with the Wind, if you don’t mind some language. As for more modern books, I like reading Jody Hedlund and Melanie Dickerson – they write some great Christian his-fic! There’s also, you know, Grace A. Johnson. She’s a pretty decent author, I guess. At least, from what I’ve heard she is. Writes novels full of piratical mayhem, if that’s you’re thing. Heard she’s giving out free copies of her first book, Held Captive… 😉

Elfwing
                @elfwing

@gracie-j

Oh! I just finished reading it a couple of months ago! I’ve seen the movie Gone with the Wind but never read the book. I’ll have to write these suggestions down… thanks!

Ooo yes, she sounds like she writes riveting tales. Where do I get this book? 😉

I have been reprimanding myself for having such a small selection of books… I shall be fixing this problem!

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@elfwing Wasn’t it just lovely? AAH! THE MOVIE! To be honest, I think the movie is better than the book (sacrilege, I know, I know)…but if you enjoyed the movie, you’ll like the book, for sure!

I certainly think so. You can shoot her an email at graceajohnson.author@gmail.com and she’ll be glad to send you a PDF copy! 😉

Aah, those days! I have a much too long list of books to read, so I’ll admit I’m pretty jealous! XD

(Wait. Did I misspell your in my last reply? SHAME ON ME! My apologies, fellow KeePers.)

Elfwing
                    @elfwing

@gracie-j

ok. i may just stick with the movie and not ruin my opinion of it ‘my good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.” XD

Elfwing
                      @elfwing

@gracie-j

Oh thanks! im excited!

i would like someone to give me an opinion on a story I’ve been writing with more of a romance genre flare. Would this Grace A. Johnson be interested?  I have been biting nails trying to decide if it’s any good! I want to take her up on her offer for help, so… heeeelp lol

*sigh booklists are so hopelessly wonderfully hard to complete…

Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

@elfwing Aah, good point! XD

Of course!

Oh, she most certainly would!!!!

No kidding!

Elfwing
                          @elfwing

@gracie-j

thanks!

How is the best way to do it? email or start a new forum topic? XD

Elfwing
                            @elfwing

@gracie-j

also, i finished reading the book and I loved it! Thanks for sharing it! 🙂

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j

@elfwing Oh, I’m so glad! Thank you for taking the time to read it!!! 🙂

Oh, and email works great for me!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Gracie J..

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >