What’s something that happened in real life that made you think…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week What’s something that happened in real life that made you think…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

@kathleenramm

oh man… which one? Lolol

well… I’d say the wars between me and a family friend boy I knew when we were like, little kids (10 & 11)

we were literally enemies and yet comrades in crime. We were captains in our armies of one each ( his little bro and my little sis)

So, game number 1: (Not meant racist; it was more the pioneers getting attached by robbers and the Indians saving the kid after the parents and the brave older sister died. I was the sister I would go search for food and then die… and then decide not to die and drive the poor robber mad 😂 ) Americans and Indians?

or game number 2: Cops n’ Robbers?

after Cops n’ Robbers for the 300th time… it grates. Begin the war of wills! We were terrible, but usually got along 😂

since I  was a girl he wouldn’t dare have a tussle with me, so I prodded him good, and he took it out on his bro who was adding to the tension, and then they worked it out and we played pioneers and Indians and then buried the poor lost pioneer (my sister with a sled over her to keep the snow out if her face)  in the snow intending to rescue her and then went inside for snack and forgot about her!

yeahhhhh I was a stinker as a kid.

lol

but we’re good now.

well anyways I put a loosely based version in one of my novels and I’m going to put a more closely accurate version in my WIP… 😂

And I’m also getting a kick outta remembering all the mischievous  escapades I got up to…

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@abigail-m

Such a sweet story! It’s kinda cool how something that can be such a hassle for one person can be a dream come true for another.

@relia

He sounds like such a cool character!

Although it doesn’t happened all the time, I love it when I see or meet someone who seems straight out of a fictional world. Everything about them is so interesting and unique. And I’m like, “I’m playing a side character in a novel right now? Because you sure seem like the main character” XD

@elfwing

Haha, I can totally see all those little stories being developed into a really interesting story. Now thinking about it, my childhood may be a goldmine for story ideas if I ever run short, (if that’ll ever happen). XD

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@abigail-m

Aw thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked it. That story is probably my favourite work out of everything I’ve written.  I actually entered it in a short story competition several years ago and ended up winning the overall prize. It was published in an anthology, but to be honest I’m not sure what copyright laws apply now so I haven’t tried to publish it since then. 😀 Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@seekjustice

WOW! That is utterly incredible girl, congratulations on publishing it!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Where was it published may I ask? If not, all’s good, but, wow, this story is awesome and I can easily see it winning the overall prize, (I’m so excited for you, that must have been amazing huh?) I definitely applaud you for this story!!!:D

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >