*wants to be original, but can't think of suitable greeting* *sighs* Hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *wants to be original, but can't think of suitable greeting* *sighs* Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    The Impossible Girl
    @f5a8c3e92
      • Total Posts: 146

Hi. The name’s Clara. Clara Oswin Oswald. This is not my actual name, but she’s my favourite companion from Doctor Who. I could choose a different fictional character as a pen-name if I wanted. Josephine March? Sherlock Holmes? I’ll just stick to Clara. The Impossible Girl.
      Introductions… I am an Australian grade 11 student who absolutely loves to write. Novelist. My sole ambition since I was seven years old. I have been writing for quite some time and should really begin my quest for publication. School is such a bothersome thing. It always gets in the way of my writing (and reading, for that matter).
      In addition to writing, I also enjoy piano, photography, art, baking, Japanese and Chemistry (I study Art, Music, Japanese and Chemistry at school). I am also self-teaching myself Elvish. Sindarin and Quenya. Again, school prevents me from learning as much as I’d prefer. I hate Maths (I’m having to do an assignment right now – and it’s school holidays!).
      I am an INTJ-A (for those of you who don’t know MBTI, this stands for Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging and Assertive. I’m also a leader in my youth group. So, despite my introversion, I’ve decided to step outside of my comfort zone for others to come to know God better. Hopefully, this is a sufficient introduction. If not, feel free to ask me anything. 🙂

"Not all who wander are lost."
      Wild Australian. INXJ.

Jane Maree
      @jane-maree
        • Total Posts: 909

@f5a8c3e92 WELCOME TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNETS. *flails*
        GO YOU. ANOTHER AUSSIE ON THE FORUM. *dances* I, too, am Australian – and there’s several others around the forum too!
        I’m 10th grade. *nods* and homeschooled.
        Yesss piano. I love music. (I play (self-taught) piano too, as well as several other instruments.)
        Ookay so I’m an INFP I think. If that makes any sense to you. xD I’m not really a MBTI person but I did the test anyway. 😛
        TOLKIENNNN. *bounces* Yasss. Quenya is SO COOL. I just don’t have the patience to learn it myself.
        Good on you for stepping out of your comfort zone. It’s through those small acts of faith that God grows you. 🙂
        SO YES. Welcome. I know you’ll enjoy it here. If you have any questions ask me because clearly I’m a genius. (Maybe…or maybe not…) Aaaand motivational pizza is always ready from me if you need it. *gives you a plateful just in case* 😀

Soo what sort of books do you like writing? Do you have an author/series you really really enjoy?

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

The Impossible Girl
        @f5a8c3e92
          • Total Posts: 146

Haha. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. How is homeschooling? Does your mum or dad teach you? Yes. Piano is such a versatile instrument. It’s great when you’re visiting somewhere and see a piano… You can just walk up to it softly play something randomly. Even better, it sounds fine by itself. This is great for introverts like me who don’t particularly enjoy playing in bands/ensembles (yet I still have to play with my music class and for chapel band). Yes, that makes perfect sense. I have a few friends who are INFPs. They’re lovely to be around.
          Another Tolkien fan! Yay! I haven’t learnt much, but one day I will be an expert! I’ve actually begun to enjoy leading in youth. I used to be the quiet person on the side that had heaps to say but never said anything. I feel very welcome. 🙂
          Ooh! I love pizza! *grabs ten slices* *eats them before anyone can tell me off*
          I love to write fantasy, mystery and science-fiction (although I prefer to watch sci-fi. i.e. Doctor Who and Star Wars). As for reading… *takes deep breath* *pulls out extensive list*
          I think I’ll just list the authors: J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, L.M. Montgomery, L.M. Alcott, Kenneth Grahame, Rick Riordan, Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan-Doyle (Sherlock Holmes is amazing), Jane Austen, Markus Zusak, Lois Lowry and Enid Blyton.
          My top three are definitely Tolkien, Conan-Doyle and Riordan.

"Not all who wander are lost."
          Wild Australian. INXJ.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@f5a8c3e92 Welcome welcome and thrice welcome fellow Tolkien fan and pianist and MBTI lover! KP is an amazing place and I’m sure you’ll be right at home in no time.
            I’m also an INFP. And for the record, we have about five (at least) other INTJs on this forum and they’re all girls which just freaks me out because they’re supposed to be as rare as unicorns. :’D I guess writing is just a niche for you fascinating creatures. 😉

Can you tell us a little about your current story? No pressure if you don’t want to, but I am curious. Is it science fiction or fantasy? (I write both by the way. *high five*) How long have you been working on it?

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@f5a8c3e92 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I literally got a kick out of you saying ‘learnt’. Thank you for being Australian.

I’m also really excited that you’re learning elvish. I’ve been considering inventing some languages for the fantasy trilogy I’m planning to start in about a month, so you can expect me to endlessly pester you about language forming.

*Seconds Kate that you should tell us about your book*

Btw, I’m an ENFJ.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

Welcome @f5a8c3e92! What sort of art do you like? I like to sketch, though I’m not the best at it. 🙂 I love playing piano too! What songs do you most enjoy playing?

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@f5a8c3e92 I could never eat ten slices of pizza, even as a dragon, so you have earned my undying respect. *bows* The most I’ve ever eaten of one thing are pancakes a church thing once…something like eight. (or was it thirteen???) Who knows?
                  Piano I play as well, though I started about six months ago. On the other hand, I play guitar, and have started to play with my church. Playing in front of a bunch of people certainly is testy, but I’m getting used to it. And thank you for stepping out and leading!! We need a lot more teens doing that these days. I wonder if that would change you from an INTJ to an ENTJ over time…because I used to be very introverted, until more recently, in which I found I was more extroverted, ENFJ, at your service. @Kate-flournoy Can that happen?
                  *hero music* Yay! Tolkien!!!!! I’ve not taught myself elvish, but I do know how to write in dwarvish…and trust me, as a writer that comes in extremely helpful. 😛 But trying to tackle both forms of Elvish!!! Do you ever get them confused?
                  *more hero music. Amps up the volume* STAR WARS!!! Gotta love Star Wars! Which one’s your favorite?
                  I do have one question for you, becaue you seem to like sci-fi….do you know of any good sci fi books that you could recommend to me? I’m writing sci fi for the first time and am trying to read as much as I can of it.
                  Welcome to the forum and I can’t wait to see you around!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

@f5a8c3e92 Ah, yes! I’ve been waiting for another Doctor Who fan for so long you could call me…”the Girl Who Waited”! I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who (and references of the sort) myself, so it’s great to meet you.

Also, because I don’t think I’ve said this, yet–I’m an INFP. That’s Introvert, Intuition, Feeling, and Perception, if I remember correctly…

I’ve known that I wanted to be a writer since…I dunno, the first time I held a pencil? Reading and writing are two of my favorite things, and have been, for a very long time. So I can definitely relate with you there.

Welcome to the forum! *dons superhero cape of inspiration* *flies away*

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @aratrea
                      • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site, @f5a8c3e92! I can very much sympathize with school getting in the way of writing. xD The story of my life anymore is how much college work I can push off/ignore in order to find time to write. Great author list there as well. I espy many of my favorites on that list, particularly Austen. Do you have a favorite Austen work?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 1352

@f5a8c3e92 Hi! Who cares that you couldn’t think of an original greeting, you’re an INTJ. INTJs are awesome enough to not need original greetings. (And I second Kate, is it so crazy to have yet another female INTJ here. I don’t think we even have a male one, either.)
                        I’m an ENFJ/ISFJ mix. And —*awed voice*—are you really impossible? ‘Cause if that’s true then technically you shouldn’t be here…I mean, if you were impossible then you’d not be real…

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

That’s the way to greet someone @emma-flournoy. Tell them they shouldn’t even be here.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-Snapper yeah. It’s called growing up. XD

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

@emma-flournoy As she explained in her first post, @f5a8c3e92 is a Doctor Who fan. Her username is a reference to the show, not a jab at her ability to exist or not.

@f5a8c3e92
                              I just saw that you like Rick Riordan, too–which is your favorite book of his?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus Oh I know. *serious nod*

@That_Writer_Girl_99
                                Aha, you’re right. I did read her post, I just didn’t remember that bit. I knew The Impossible Girl wouldn’t have meant ‘impossible’ in the sense I meant though…I was just being silly. 😛

Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@f5a8c3e92 Yes! Another INTJ! *grins* I’m an INTJ too.

Elvish… fun. 😀 I’ve considered learning it. Along with half a dozen other things I simply don’t have time to do because I spend my time writing… What sorts of genres do you like to write?

Also, can I say I love the Doctor Who refrence(s)? 😀

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >