Wanted: Writer friend

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Wanted: Writer friend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

I have a rather odd request. Lately, most of my “writer friends” have fallen away from enjoying writing/writing consistently and don’t enjoy or don’t have time to help me brainstorm and talk about story stuff. I could use a critique/brainstorm partner friend person… preferably one I could email with on a consistent basis. I would totally love to help you critique/brainstorm too.

Credentials: I have four and a half years of “real” writing experience and solid training for academic writing, I’ve written multiple novels and edited, I’m a pretty good beta reader and decent at analysing plot holes and character arcs, and I’ve done a lot of research about querying and have even begun the process myself. I’m also a great person to rant to after dealing with writing rejection, as I’ve been through it myself. (I can also yell at you to write when you’re procrastinating.)

I’d prefer to partner with someone with a similar level experience, as it is… like… a partnership and not a mentorship (though I’d be happy to give people tips if they want ’em.)

Also I’m really bad at writing wanted ads so I hope this didn’t come off wrong.

(Also I’ve thought about creating a Slack group for writers, would anyone be interested in doing that/joining?)

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
      @e-k-seaver

Also I have officially made a slack communication so if you wanna give me your email address I’ll add you.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@e-k-seaver I would love to be your “writer friend,” if you’d like! I don’t have any brainstorm/critique partners, so that would be great for me, and I would LOVE to help you! I write consistently (almost every day, accept during the holidays), and I’m a consistent email-checker, so no issue with that. (Plus, we’re in the same time zone…)

Credentials: I’ve been writing for five years, but consistently for three. I’ve written three (and a half) full-length novels, two of which have been self-published (along three short stories and a novella). I had a 4.0 GPA in my college English class last year–if that’s of any importance. My strengths are in character development, voice, and pacing, along with grammar/punctuation. And you know how my beta-reading and editing skills are. 😉

Btw, this did not come off wrong at all! Just let me know if you’re interested!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

E. K. Seaver
          @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j,  that sounds great! I think  I have your email address already from sharing RF with you, but let me check.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@e-k-seaver Yippee!!!

You should have my school email, but I check my personal one much more often. You can shoot me a message at my school address and I’ll give you the other!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@e-k-seaver

I’m around too if you ever want to drop me a line 😀 We sound like we’re at pretty similar stages in writing. I started writing when I was ten or eleven but I’ve been writing seriously (for me, that means with the goal of being traditionally published) since I was about sixteen, so almost five years now working towards being published. I’ve written about ten novels and edited them to various levels of development and I’ve published numerous short stories and won competitions. I’m also one of the interns here! But anyway, enough bragging 😀 Let me know if you’re interested, I’m in Australia so I couldn’t guarantee “real-time” chatting but am always reachable by email and tend to reply to things on time 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Maya Joelle
                @mayajoelle
                  • Total Posts: 4

Looks like you found someone, but if you ever need another someone, I’m here 🙂 I have six-ish years of “real” writing experience (?? how does one define that, anyway?) and also have done a lot of academic writing (although unfortunately I do not enjoy it), I’ve written parts of multiple novels, finished one (non-novel) book, edited my own and others’ work, beta read for a lot of people (I think I’m good, but I’ll let you decide), and I would totally love someone to yell at me when I’m procrastinating. (Seriously, that’s the best part of your whole post XD)

// the stories are true //

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >