Ultimate KP Novel

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Cloaked Mystery
    @jonas
      • Total Posts: 2681

Resubmitted. I’m not sure if you’ll get two submissions from me, but if you do, just ignore the one where I didn’t select 3rd vs. first person.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
      ✨ Magic System Creator
      🎭 Character RPer
      📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
      @highscribeofaetherium
        • Total Posts: 2456

@esther-c

Submitted it. I didn’t really think anything through at all, so I might have regrets later, but oh well.

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

TheShadow
        @theshadow
          • Total Posts: 306

@esther-c

Submitted it, hopefully it makes sense

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 1148

@esther-c

Oh,  I submitted as well. Earlier.

Fin knew. Riker knew.
            Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Beth Torres
            @beth-torres
              • Total Posts: 339

@esther-c

I also filled out the survey. Sorry, I know I didn’t help vote for the genre and stuff, but I’m finding this interesting. Lol.

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3431

@loopylin

Um, I’m not sure, lol. I think I’ll ask everyone later especially if the sibling dynamic seems to be popular

@jonas

Yeahhh, that was my bad, lol. I should have just split it into two questions. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Cloaked Mystery
                @jonas

@esther-c

That would have made it clearer (especially since it was the only one like that…I hope) but it was also my fault for not reading the directions.

@esther-c
                  @loopylin

I think that’s something that we should decide once we have the characters mostly fleshed out.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                  🎭 Character RPer
                  📚 Appreciator of Books

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3431

@everyoneee (since I don’t know everyone who filled out the survey, lol)

The results are innn!! Here we go:

What is your favorite POV?

third person and dual pov won here. This may not end up being important, I guess it depends if we actually write the book or not.

What is your favorite type of male MC?

This one was sort of close, but it didn’t surprise me that loner with a tragic past won. 😉

I love a male character who is struggling with…

Fear of failure was the clear winner on this one! Although ‘fighting for freedom’ was the second in line, which surprised me.

I’m draw to MMC whose strengths are…

Loyal and protective. Yep, definitely no shocker there, lol. 😉

I’m drawn to MMC whose greatest weaknesses are:

This one was pretty close, but scattered and unprincipled won. This will be interesting…

Choose a look for him:

Again, no surprise that the cool vibe won on this question.

Plot twist! He’s secretly…

An outlaw! I’m excited about this one…!

What is your favorite type of female MC?

Sweet sunshiny optimist. Yes!

I love a female MC who is struggling with…

A broken heart and rescuing her loved ones were tied on this question. But I think these two pair nicely, so there’s no need to break the tie.

I’m drawn to FMC whose greatest strengths are…

Confident and witty. Y’all, this is gonna be fun. XD

I’m drawn to FMC whose greatest weaknesses are…

Aggresive and hot-tempered. Yes, very fun, lol. Especially paired with the personality of the male MC… XD

Choose a look for her:

Soft girl easily won on this one. I really like that vibe paired with her personality.

Plot twist! She secretly…

A spy! Guys… what if she was looking for an outlaw… WHO JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE MALE MC?!! This is working out pretty great. 😎

Which are your favorite character dynamics?

(Decided to put the screenshot there instead of copying that all down here. XD)

I think we can definitely incorporate some of the most popular ones.

What is your comfort romance trope?

Rivals to lovers and enemies to lovers tied, which isn’t too bad since they’re pretty similar, so we can totally make it work.

What is your favorite non-romance trope?

Mistaken identity, road trip, and bet/wager all tied at 26.7% with amnesia coming in “second” at 20%. Y’all… seriously?? Lol, I’m just kidding. XD I’m not sure what to do about this. Maybe we can include it all??

What is your favorite fantasy trope/cliche?

Handsome prince pulled through on this one, but ancient prophecy came in close second, so we might be able to incorporate both.

What is the mood of your ideal fantasy book?

No surprise that forest, mountains, and adventure won on this question!

I’m more likely to read a fantasy that involves…

Shapeshifters. Ok, since this is going to be so much fun to play with.

Which would you rather read? (Or which book’s vibes would you like to see in this novel?)

Wingfeather Saga and Mistborn trilogy tied on this question. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to fit both vibes in, but you’ll have to give me some ideas because I actually haven’t read Mistborn, I’ve only heard a lot about it. 🫣😂

____________________________________________________________________________________

That’s all folks! So throw at me all your ideas and thoughts about the results and I could definitely use some ideas for questions for the next survey. 😉

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

The Ducktator
                    @theducktator
                      • Total Posts: 726

@esther-c

I haven’t read Mistborn either. I’m too young for it.

🎵How many toes does a fish have, and how many wings on a cow? I wonder, yup, I wonder!🎵

The Ducktator
                      @theducktator

@esther-c

Sunshine girl with a broken heart reminds me of Unikitty after the destruction of Cloud Cuckoo Land.😂 I have several sunshine girls with sad heroes in my books. It’s such a fun trope. I don’t know that I’ve read much with a shapeshifter, so that will be interesting.

🎵How many toes does a fish have, and how many wings on a cow? I wonder, yup, I wonder!🎵

HighScribe
                        @highscribeofaetherium
                          • Total Posts: 2456

@esther-c

Yesssss this is gonna be awesome!

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

-GRCR-
                          @grcr
                            • Total Posts: 1148

@esther-c

A sweet-sunshine, confident, witty, aggressive, hot-tempered, spy gal with a broken heart… and a cool, loyal, traumatized, unprincipled, outlaw boy with a fear of failure… I like these results! 😂😂 If we end up actually writing this, it will be definitely be fun!

Guys… what if she was looking for an outlaw… WHO JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE MALE MC?!! This is working out pretty great. 😎

Lol, I absolutely love this idea!!!

I haven’t read Mistborn either…

Fin knew. Riker knew.
                            Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Cloaked Mystery
                            @jonas

@esther-c

Awesome! This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

For the ties, we could just rerun them through eliminating the other options. That way the people whose choices lost will decide between the tied options.

Wingfeather Saga and Mistborn trilogy tied on this question. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to fit both vibes in, but you’ll have to give me some ideas because I actually haven’t read Mistborn, I’ve only heard a lot about it.

Uhhhhh… yeeaahh I’m not sure these are compatible. Mistborn is like dark gritty dystopian fantasy, while Wingfeather Saga is on the more humorous side (though then again, the tone is completely consistent throughout the series, since it gets more serious as it goes.) I’m actually quite surprised by this outcome. I was expecting LOTR to win hands down.

Maybe this is something we can wait to finalize? We could let things develop a bit more on their own. Part of the problem is that these two options are basically opposites, so either way, half of is would be disappointed.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                              ✨ Magic System Creator
                              🎭 Character RPer
                              📚 Appreciator of Books

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator

@jonas

I was expecting LOTR to win as well. If we can’t do both Wingfeather and Mistborn, I would say go with Wingfeather, since at least 3 people haven’t read Mistborn, and I think everyone has read Wingfeather.

Cloaked Mystery
                                @jonas

@theducktator

Or, honestly, we could consider LOTR as an option as well, even though it didn’t win. I would guess that it still garnered a significant portion of votes, and furthermore I would guess that it was a lot of people’s 2nd choice. It might be a good middle ground between Mistborn and Wingfeather. The thing about picking between MB and WS is that the people who voted for Mistborn probably don’t want to do a more humorous story, but the people who voted Wingfeather Saga probably don’t want to do a grittier story.

IDK, just throwing out ideas. I guess I’ll also tag @esther-c on this.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                                  🎭 Character RPer
                                  📚 Appreciator of Books

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >