Two Part Plot- Trying to Plan the Before and After

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting Two Part Plot- Trying to Plan the Before and After

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lavender Bleu
    @lavenderbookling
      • Total Posts: 19

I have a concept for a book involving the before and after of what is essentially the apocalypse. (Or close to it.) Basically what happens is that a girl finds out that magic is going to suddenly come back to the Earth after thousands of years of being absent- and nearly destroy civilization in the process.

What I want to do is have half of the book be about her coming to terms with her knowledge and dealing with it without telling anyone. I want to lean into the terror of knowing, but not being able to tell anyone about it. The second half would be about her learning to cope with the guilt and adapting to this new world that’s extremely dangerous and physically changes the people around her into what she perceives to be monsters. (Spoiler: they’re not really monsters.)

One of my issues is that I think I need to have some parallel scenes to provide stark contrast, but I also don’t have much of a plot at all, and don’t know where to start. So if anyone has suggestions as to how I can begin the plotting process, I’d be quite happy to hear them.

Great success often depends on being able to distinguish between the impossible and the improbable.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    >