Topic suggestion

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Topic suggestion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Hi! I know I enjoy baking and cooking, and I was wondering if, under “other art forms”, KingdomPen could have a “food” section for foodies/bakers/etc? Just a thought! Feel free to decline haha. Good day everyone <3

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@daisy-torres I think this is an awesome idea! 😀 I’m actually Celiac so can’t have gluten or whatever, but I love to convert recipes to non-gluten ones so this would be A M A Z I N G <3

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres

@scripter-of-kingdoms Ohh really? Is it usually hard to try and convert them? And thank you! ^-^//*’`-

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms

@daisy-torres Sometimes.. we don’t always have the proper kind of starches either, so it will turn out weird sometimes. LOL!

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real

Daisy Torres
            @daisy-torres

@Scripter-of-kingdoms Ooh I bet that’s rough at times lol. It probably would be pretty cool if we could build this section, and then have like a “special diet” (or whatever it would be called) for people to share things they found helpful/yummy!

Elizabeth
              @lewilliams
                • Total Posts: 252

@daisy-torres I third this idea!! I love cooking and would love a place in which to discuss it. It’s kind of an art, you know?

Also, @scripter-of-kingdoms, as someone who is not Celiac but is #livingtheglutenfreelife, I would love to hear what kind of things you like making:D

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Kads
                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@daisy-torres It is weird sometimes. Slightly unrelated, but funny cooking story: I was once making waffles, and the recipe asked for 6 teaspoons of baking powder as well as a teaspoon of baking soda. Welp, I got the baking powder and soda mixed up, and I actually put in 6 teaspoons of BAKING SODA.

You can imagine how that went.

@lewilliams
                  WHAT- A fellow gluten-free-ian? I’m surprised XD I don’t know a lot of other gluten free people!

Ooooh, I would be glad to share a few energy bite recipes with you. They’re awesome. 😎

staring at the fields
                  if nothing's really real

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@lewilliams Precisely!!! Oh it’s totally an art. Especially baking <3 Like, for Easter, I made sugar cookies and painted flowers and stuff on them with food coloring. They turned out so cuteee <333

@scripter-of-kingdoms
                    HAHA that is amazing XDD I did that with salt once. The recipe called for 2 tsp of salt and I put 2 TBL of salt XDDD It didn’t turn out very well let’s just say XD

Elizabeth
                    @lewilliams
                      • Total Posts: 252

@scripter-of-kingdoms Yep!! See, my husband can’t have it, and we eat the same food, so I’m a gluten-free-ian by association:P Oh yes, I’d love that!! I’m always on the lookout for new things to try:D

@daisy-torres
                      Oh my goodness, I did the same thing with the salt (in what has been dubbed the Salty Taco Incident) so I totally feel your pain. Also, your cookies sound so pretyyy<3 Do you do a lot of baked good decorating?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@lewilliams Haha!! That’s amazing XD Mine was the salty bar cookie incident then……… XD Awe, thanks you!! To be honest, I normally don’t, but pretty recently I discovered the art of painting via food coloring and now I’m completely in love with it XD I’ve only tried it on cookies so far, but I’m curious if I could do it on a cake now… We’ll see on that one I guess XD

Do you like cooking or baking better?

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@daisy-torres Oof. That’s really bad XD must have been so terrible

@lewilliams
                          Ok! I’ll see if I can screenshot the recipe or something like that… I’d be excited to see what you think!! #fellowglutenfreeian

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

Evelyn
                          @iluvhim18
                            • Total Posts: 95

I was summoned at the mention of baking. XD

But in all seriousness, I love baking and would love to be a chef when I get out of high school! So I would love for KP to have a baking/cooking section!

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Daisy Torres
                            @daisy-torres

@scripter-of-kingdoms It wasn’t absolutely horrible, but it was far from great for sure XD We chopped it up and made stir fry later, which was MUCH better XD

@iluvhim18
                              Yuuuss welcome to the conversation XD Ohh that’s so cool that you want to be a chef!! I have a cousin who wants to as well. For me, it’s more of a hobby, but it’s still fun! What’s one of your favorite things to cook?

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 692

Could you add the Thriller genre to the writing genre forum? That’s currently my favorite genre to read and write.

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings
                                  • Total Posts: 2794

@lewilliams

@scripter-of-kingdoms
                                  (ur tag is cool btw lol)

Woah, other gluten free peoples?!

I’m allergic to gluten (and like every nut, apples, pears, and dogs), but I grew out of my egg allergy at 5 (woot woot!)

We cook gluten free sometimes, but it’s hard because we try to do no sugar too…

Sugar adds fluff too so it’s hard to get the texture right.

@daisy-torres

Great topic, we need this on KP!

@iluvhim18

Ooh you want to be a chef? Cool! My dad used to work at a resturant, so we eat well on the holidays lol.

I think my favorite thing he’s made was mud pie (gluten free too!) it’s chocolate ice cream (with uh… grand marnier? It was a minimal amount ok, just for flavor 😂) and has a oreo cookie crust.

へびは かっこいい です!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >