The Weekly Artist’s Group

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art The Weekly Artist’s Group

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Euodia
    @euodia-vision
      • Total Posts: 1306

@koshka

Ohhh fun challenge!

And for the ‘Sharing Prompt’…

What is the last thing you drew?

This cow… *ahem* it’s… interesting…

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
      @euodia-vision

What is your favorite thing or way to draw or paint?

My favorite way to create art is always changing as I find new styles and media that I like. But atm, I’m loving drawing with pens. It can get annoying when you can’t erase something, but then I get to be creative. If I make a mistake I find a way to use it in the drawing. Anywhoo… this is my favorite pen creation…

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
        @euodia-vision

What is your favorite art media?

well since I already said pen, I share my long-time favorite… which has been pencil/graphite. 😁

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@euodia-vision

Woah, those are really good!

@koshka

I’m entering finals week and going on a trip to visit a college with my mom soon, so I’m not going to be super active here lol

へびは かっこいい です!

Koshka
            @koshka
              • Total Posts: 1427

@euodia-vision

Those look amazing! What type of pen do you use? I’m hoping to try out dip pens soon, but we shall see…

@mineralizedwritings

I understand. =) God bless with your studies!

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon
                • Total Posts: 1014

@koshka

I have a LOT of work to do this week between sewing and Bible Quizzing, so I might not be able to do this challenge… I may just have to try my hand at shadows later though….

As for the prompt, the last thing I drew was a pattern for a kirtle. XD But as for actual drawing/art, I think this portrait of Alyona and Viktor might be it. (At least I think I finished it most recently…)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
                @koshka
                  • Total Posts: 1427

And here’s the latest thing I’ve drawn: a design sketch for the costume I’m making for a kid’s camp next week.

Plus an example of my scribbled writing which I couldn’t crop out. Nice.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Euodia
                  @euodia-vision

@mineralizedwritings

Thanks!

@koshka

Thank youuuu! Um… I just use Micron Fineliner pens! Oooh fun! Tell me what you think of the dip pen, I’ve never used one before.

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon

My favorite thing or way to draw/paint?

I’m taking this to mean style, so I would say my favorite style to draw (currently) is this sort of imitation pen thing. (For example, that drawing of Vitya & Alya) I only have graphite to work with, but it’s been fun to imitate styles of artists who use ink.

In fact, I think it’s come to help me shape a more “illustrator’s” style, so to speak, as I mesh this simpler form with my usual realistic form.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon

@euodia-vision

Ah!! Your stuff is beautiful! The ink drawing has a lot of character. I like them all. (Highland cows are adorable.)

I also want to get into ink drawing/painting and pen/line drawing, but… We’ll see. XD Maybe some day…

Euodia
                        @euodia-vision

@elishavet-pidyon

Aw thank youu!!!

You should definitely try ink/pen. I was very hesitant at first but once I started it I couldn’t stop!

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2803

@everyone here @koshka @euodia-vision @smiley @elishavet-pidyon

Hey guys I found a super useful reference sheet!

@keilah-h
                            This might help you with that forehead touch scene a little? And yeah I rarely look up references for two character poses because they all look inappropriate ;( I just wing it but tbh I haven’t drawn many at all. I’ve considered using movies for stuff like that, because the two character poses would be really natural things people might do, like pause it in a freeze frame and use it as a reference? idk.

https://pin.it/8BFNhiN

Link goes to pinterest in case you were wondering, it’s where I found it. It’s basically a bunch of head poses.

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h
                              • Total Posts: 3875

@mineralizedwritings I saw that! I think I have a screenshot of it on my tablet.

(And I’ve already finished the drawing, I’m just coloring it now, but yeah, references like that have been useful before! Thanks!)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Euodia
                              @euodia-vision

@mineralizedwritings

Ooooo, thanks for sharing! I’ve been slowing creating a Pinterest board with these sorts of reference photos, so that’ll make it on this list!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >