The Silmarillion

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions The Silmarillion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson
      • Total Posts: 51

There could totally be another topic somewhere buried in the many pages of old outdated topics but I didn’t feel like going hunting so HERE IT IS!!!!

Some rant sparking questions:

1) What is your favorite part of the Silmarillion?

2) Who is your favorite character? Least favorite character?

3) Favorite story?

4) Favorite place?

5) Something deep you took away from the story that was unique to this book?

And I will answer these questions some other time when I’m not tired and falling asleep and actually feel like typing an enormously long rant…

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

Madelyn
      @madelyn
        • Total Posts: 115

@denali-christianson

YES, the Silmarillion is awesome!! We needed this thread!

It’s been a whileee since I read it last, so let’s see how much I remember XD

Hmmm… one of my favorite parts is the beginning when all the Valar are introduced (I’m not even sure if I spelled that right). It lays such a cool foundation for the rest of the book! But then it just gets better…

There are so many more cool parts… like when the trees are created… and then destroyed… XD

Favorite character is Finrod! Compared to the rest of his family, he messes up the least XD. That’s not the only reason I liked him, but, like I said, it’s been a while…

I can’t choose a favorite story, they’re all so good XD

Favorite place would be Valinor, of course XD Nothing can top it!! But I also love Doriath!!

Honestly, all the world building was deep and amazing… it never fails to inspire me as a writer to create unique and complex worlds.

What are your favorite parts of the Silmarillion?

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      >