The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    Linus Smallprint
    @linus-smallprint
      • Total Posts: 395

@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @loopylin @stephie @theshadow

Next chapter. I wrote this faster than I thought I would, so you are getting is several days early. In exchange, you will be forced to wait after a cliffhanger that was more exciting than the previous one because I will likely not be writing much on the weekend. (I know, I know. I want to get to writing the next part as well because I am excited about the next few scenes.)

Anyway, here it is: (Chapter the 11th)

Ellette Giselle
      @ellette-giselle
        • Total Posts: 1074

@linus-smallprint

Yay!!!

Ok, here we go.

I disagree with Oliver. I think There is no excuse for doing evil.

Oh man, poor Oliver. That’s so depraved! Oh no!!! What if the Lyen king tries to do the same thing!!!!! Oh man!

Oh because Martha’s father is the one who found the wizard in the woods, and the wizard was Alan’s father! It’s all making sense now! If I’m right………….

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4721

@linus-smallprint ooh Charles is Alan’s father? Interesting!

Also that’s horrible what they did to Oliver and his brother. (I’m really hoping he doesn’t like betray them or anything. He’s one of my favorite characters so far. Partially because he’s a lizard and I love lizards, and partially because I greatly enjoy his accent lol)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2972

@ellette-giselle

I hope you don’t mind me reading your conversation above lol

Man it sounds like you’ve had kind of a rough time in the past with sharing opinions ect. People on Kp are pretty good with not being ‘reactive’ if you know what I mean. Like when you’re talking abt politics and the other person starts raising their voice, cutting you off, ect. I haven’t seen that kind of behavior much here, thankfully. I think as long as you’re polite and respectful of the differences of opinions there are, you won’t get any ‘Flak’. 🙂  We’ve got a pretty varied mix of types of Christians here, and yeah, you probably will notice differences in female roles between them.

Sometimes, people in general will assume your other beliefs before asking (Perhaps this is what you’ve experienced with other people). For instance, they might hear you say that you think women should be at home, and take that to be ‘women are worth less than men’ instead of simply asking why you believe that. If they asked, they’d know you thought no such thing! But people like to react before asking questions. Thankfully, haven’t seen this on kp XD and I hope you’ll find it the same.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle

@mineralizedwritings

Hi Min!

Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to pieces with the return fire. lol. So I’ve gotten to the place where I say what I believe and the duck! haha! So yeah, I was preparing for the normal return fire, and it was a very pleasant surprise when none came! I don’t mind being disagreed with. I just don’t like it when people start attacking me instead of giving a good argument or position in return.

It’s a little lonely too. I mean, i am the really weird dress-wearing, politically incorrect, non-dating teenager in my group. lol. It’s nice to not only find people who agree with what I believe, but people who can disagree without losing it.

KP has been such a blessing in more ways then I can count!

Stephie
              @stephie
                • Total Posts: 89

@ellette-giselle

Yeah, I really admire the way you stand up for what you believe. And I think it’s important to actually say what you think, because otherwise it’ll be partially your fault when those around you sin. I remember when I was on the other side of that, and the only thing which brought me back were people who weren’t afraid to call me out, even though I thought they were haters, etc. at first. If nobody had spoken up, maybe I wouldn’t have decided to be baptised. Maybe I’d still be going further down that road.

Now that I have sufficiently overshared, I will comment on the cliffhanger.

@linus-smallprint

*clears throat* HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER??!!

In all seriousness, it was very nicely done. You built up to the moment, punched us with some information, and left us stranded, hanging off the cliff with a single hand. That’s what an author has to do. Knowing that doesn’t keep a part of me from being angry, though! Which is a good thing, because that means I care about the characters and their struggles. Bravo!

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle

@stephie

Aw, thank you! That really means a lot to hear you say that!

Yes, @linus-smallprint is mean for doing that, (lol), but the cliff hanger wasn’t a huge shock. I kinda started to suspect and I guessed she knew something about his parents the minute she got all weird about his name. I need you to hit me with something harder if you want me to reply like Stephie. However, this small cliff-hanger is a good one! People like me can say, “I knew it” and feel satisfied and excited. It is close to the beginning of your book after all. Then, when we think we have you all figured out, go ahead and push us off the cliff. lol. (please don’t take that literally. haha)

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2972

@ellette-giselle

Hi Min!

Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to pieces with the return fire. lol. So I’ve gotten to the place where I say what I believe and the duck! haha! So yeah, I was preparing for the normal return fire, and it was a very pleasant surprise when none came! I don’t mind being disagreed with. I just don’t like it when people start attacking me instead of giving a good argument or position in return.

Yeah. If people ask for your opinion on something, you’re totally warranted to give it! And they should listen, because they asked, lol. Yep, definitely. I don’t even need somebody to give a good argument to me, they’re allowed to believe what they want, but y’know, basic curtesy is the least one can ask for, and often is absent.

It’s a little lonely too. I mean, i am the really weird dress-wearing, politically incorrect, non-dating teenager in my group. lol. It’s nice to not only find people who agree with what I believe, but people who can disagree without losing it.

It can be really lonely XD! I’m a non-dating teenager as well (Partially because I’m socially isolated but also because I believe I need to wait for the right timing instead of just doing what I want). My situation isn’t just like yours, but as a teenage girl it’s hard to be different in any way.

I think the art of respectful disagreement is completely lost in today’s society. Or maybe… it’s just called maturity. XD

KP has been such a blessing in more ways then I can count!

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Ellette Giselle
                    @ellette-giselle

@mineralizedwritings

I think the art of respectful disagreement is completely lost in today’s society. Or maybe… it’s just called maturity. XD

AGREED!

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle@mineralizedwritings yep I’m a non-dating teenager too. My parents don’t care for it,

As for dresses, I kinda hate ’em but that doesn’t mean I’m not concerned about being modest. No way. I wouldn’t wear none of that revealing nonsense a lotta kids these days wear if you gave me a thousand bucks.

and pffft! Political correctness? What the stars and shadows is that???
                        lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

also, is the formatting weird for anyone else?

Stephie
                          @stephie
                            • Total Posts: 89

@keilah-h

No, the formatting seems normal here.

As for dresses, I kinda hate ’em but that doesn’t mean I’m not concerned about being modest. No way. I wouldn’t wear none of that revealing nonsense a lotta kids these days wear if you gave me a thousand bucks.

Same here lol. Bring on the knee-length shorts.

@ellette-giselle

I am very easily pushed off a cliff XD. And yes, the art of respectful disagreement (or the art of having common sense and being mature) is kind of gone in most people. I mean, there have been the occasional high schoolers my age who seem to be pretty good with it. I’ve had some really great discussions and respectful debates with people whose opinions widely differ from mine. However, most people…need to work on it, to put it politely.

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@stephie yeah the formatting fixed itself a little while after I posted

Linus Smallprint
                              @linus-smallprint

@ellette-giselle

I disagree with Oliver. I think There is no excuse for doing evil.

Good. Don’t. Oliver may be friendly, but he is a bit of a worldly wiseman… er… wisegorb.

Oh because Martha’s father is the one who found the wizard in the woods, and the wizard was Alan’s father! It’s all making sense now! If I’m right………….

I can’t say now, but I will get to this in the next few chapters, so you don’t have to wait for long.

@keilah-h

ooh Charles is Alan’s father? Interesting!

Yup. I guess you got some spoilers for that.

Oh man, poor Oliver. That’s so depraved! Oh no!!! What if the Lyen king tries to do the same thing!!!!! Oh man! – Ellette

Also that’s horrible what they did to Oliver and his brother. (I’m really hoping he doesn’t like betray them or anything. He’s one of my favorite characters so far. Partially because he’s a lizard and I love lizards, and partially because I greatly enjoy his accent lol) – Keilah

This is why Oliver is nice to Alan. The wizard reminds him of his brother and since he could not help Aaron (that’s his brother’s name. I think I came up with this before reading your story, Ellette), Oliver hopes to help Alan.

Do you think Oliver might betray Alan, Kailah?

@stephie

*clears throat* HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER??!!

I could. Don’t forget, authors are horrible people who torture their readers by making exciting things happen to their favourite characters so that they keep on reading instead of going to bed like they are supposed to. It’s part of the job.

I will try to get the next part to you soon, so don’t worry.

Linus Smallprint
                                @linus-smallprint

Also, @ellette-giselle, I would encourage you to continue to share your beliefs and convictions. I do want to know what you have to say, and I want to make sure that my writing does glorify God and not glorify anything wrong.  I have already made some changes to my story from the first draft because of some concerns I had, and if need be, I am willing to change it more. I may not agree with every single conviction you have, but if you have a problem with what I am writing please let me know, and I will do my best to give you a listening ear.  The same goes for the rest of you.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 276 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >