The Legend of King Daeus

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques The Legend of King Daeus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Jada Morrison
    @jadamae
      • Total Posts: 199

I think we should make that an official KP story. Great job!

Jess
      @jess
        • Total Posts: 575

@dragon-snapper I love this so much!!! <3

Jane Maree
        @jane-maree
          • Total Posts: 909

@Dragon-snapper I still can’t get over all the ice cream references. XD

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Northerner
          @northerner
            • Total Posts: 244

How did I miss this? This is so much fun! The way it makes fun of cliches, and the characterization is spot-on. Making fun of things in fairy tales works best when you’re writing in fairy-tale style yourself, like the part where Daeus gives his rousing speech and then says it would be better on a battlefield with an orchestra.
            Have you read The Thirteen Clocks, by James Thurber? I can’t recommend all of his stuff, but he wrote a couple of children’s stories that are splendid fun in themselves, for the way they make fun of fairy-tale cliches (and fairy-tale logic); and for the language, which makes them lots of fun to read aloud. This one kind of reminded me of that.
            The sad thing is, I don’t know that the story would do so well if it were published anywhere but here, because of all the inside jokes. The fact that Daeus likes ice cream would just be another character quirk, to an outside audience, not something to make us start laughing.

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 1352

@Dragon-Snapper Here I am at last.

THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

Crazy!! All the inside jokes and mocking of cliches! And everything else! I certainly didn’t think it’d turn into this when I gave you that prompt. 😀 😀 😀
              And the characterization! Though I’m not quite such a worrywort in real life. Maybe about what I say to people, but not circumstances. 😛 It was quite amusing though.
              My favorite character was Daeus, with his awesome cynical POV and all the ice cream, scone, and raspberry references.
              Agh, I can’t say everything about how great this is. Five thumbs up. (Who cares that I don’t have five thumbs.)

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

@dragon-snapper This. Is. Priceless. I don’t think I can accurately describe how hard I’m laughing right now.

I love all of this. Everyone else picked a favorite line but I really just can’t…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Gracie
                @graciegirl
                  • Total Posts: 889

@dragon-snapper Oh, zikers. I don’t know if I can pick a favorite!!!! 😂😂😂 Maybe when Kate’s about to knock on the door? That part about living a cliche. Gosh, I laughed SO hard at that. But Daeus saying the thing about an orchestra making things more dramatic…. Ah, priceless.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Louise Fowler
                  @perfectfifths
                    • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper AHHH! Snapper!! That was awesome!!! Could there be the possibility of looking out for a sequel???

I don’t know what my favourite line is, but I definitely found this one amusing: Fiddle crumbs.

Keep up the good work, Knight Snapper! 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Audrey Caylin
                    @audrey-caylin
                      • Total Posts: 323

@dragon-snapper xD THIS IS EPIC. I have never been more amused reading something. Fantastic job here! xD

I guess I have two favorite parts, the first one with Josiah and the raspberries, and then at the end with Daeus mentioning paper airplanes.

Anon
                      @theliterarycrusader
                        • Total Posts: 64

@dragon-snapper *Climbs out of hidey hole to laugh uproariously at this fable* Can I request a sequel (or perhaps a new story) that features representation of the entire KP team? 😉

For some reason this (apparently unappreciated) part caused me to laugh the hardest:

Josiah stroked his gray beard. Daeus despised that beard. It was like a giant tarantula. Creepy. Crazy. Coarse.

I guess maybe that’s because I don’t like beards, or spiders, so putting them together struck me as fitting. 😛

*Makes mental note to randomly refer to Josiah as “The Wiser” from now on* @aratrea If you need more frogs, I have some spare ones I could give you.

Hope Ann
                        @hope
                          • Total Posts: 1092

@dragon-snapper This is hysterical! Just… just everything. The raspberries and ice cream. And Kate would so be the one to bring home baby dragons… XD And when Josiah came in with a beard and a frog I about died.

I have two favorite lines.

Kate smiled, “Aviur and Kai.”
                          Daeus’ façade melted into a frown. Was he mistaken, or did both of those names mean ‘fire’?

Because when does Kate not come up with a name that doesn’t mean something? And then, for the sake of pure sarcastic awesomeness…

Josiah glanced Eastward. “You have a lovely view of the smoke.”

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

Because when does Kate not come up with a name that doesn’t mean something?

@Hope
                            *cough* That would be ‘When does Kate ever come up with a name that doesn’t mean something?’
                            Otherwise… *cough* carry on. XD

Northerner
                            @northerner
                              • Total Posts: 244

@Hope, @Kate-Flournoy, I move the sequel involves a double negative.

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 3976
                                Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@Kate-flournoy *coughs* Yes, that. XD

@northerner
                                  Yesss. *shakes head* I normally don’t do that…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 528 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >