The Kingdom Has Been Resurrected

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE The Kingdom Has Been Resurrected

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    LRC
    @lrc
      • Total Posts: 30

@seekjustice A dog trainer! Well what do you know. I am sort of one myself, I train young golden retriever puppies in socialization and very basic manners/obedience before they go to their forever homes. I’m still new to it but learning all the time. Got any general tips, lol? 😉

@selah-chelyah
      I have TRIED to read Les Mis but I just…just…can’t. Is there an abridged version that is acceptable, or do I have to push through?

@rochellaine
      Hey you! Long time no see! Hope you’re doing well. Life is crazy, isn’t it? 😀

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@lrc

Oh that’s awesome! Is there a particular reason you do it? Golden retrievers are awesome too. I work at a puppy Daycare and we get heaps!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah
          • Total Posts: 245

@lrc

Lol, I get it. I’m just unusually stubborn, in a lot of areas. 😛 I would say that an abridged version is acceptable, but you just won’t have the prestige of being able to say that you read the whole version. XD

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Selah CJW
          @selah-chelyah
            • Total Posts: 245

@lrc

Basically the parts they take out are major history lessons, and leave the actual story. Lol.

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

LRC
            @lrc

@seekjustice Well, some extended family of mine raise and sell golden retrievers, and they always need extra help to love on and train (and clean up after) the puppies, so I work for them. We mainly just do a bunch of little things that help the puppy develop good habits/manners and a lack of fear 🙂 Of course, there’s only so much you can do in 8 weeks time.

They are pretty sweet. 😀 What kind of dogs do you train/show? When I think Australia I always think Border Colllies and sheep, lol. (I’ll blame that on Adventures in Odyssey, for anybody out there who knows what I’m talking about.)

@selah-chelyah
              Ooooh I see. Well I suppose I could live with the shame. I just wanna know the STORY for once, lol.  *goes off to hunt for abridged versions*

*pops back in real quick* Also, though, while we’re talking about Les Mis, nothing beats The Count of Monte Cristo. Ever. Period. Okay bye again.

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@lrc

Oh that’s awesome! And it seriously makes my job as a trainer so much easier (no joke, so many people underestimate the importance of things breeders do or don’t do). Are you looking at becoming a dog trainer for a career?

Well, for my job I mostly work with puppies 8-20ish weeks old. There’s a lot of diversity in the breeds I work with, but they’re all pets (though being a carer for puppy to-be police/army dogs would be awesome). My own dogs though are future competition dogs (hopefully). I meant to start competing with them this year, but that hasn’t happened for obvious reasons. Breedwise, one is a purebred Aussie Koolie (which is a breed gaining popularity in American, but its not AKC registered or anything, so you might not have heard of them), and the other is a “pound special” aka, a massive brindle dog who could be a mastiff mix, but who the heck knows?

And yeah, there’s a lot of border collies here, but mostly as pets. Our herding dogs are usually kelpies and Australian Cattle Dogs. 😀

Also, sorry for the long reply. I’m obviously very passionate about this 🙂 🙂 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

LRC
                @lrc

@seekjustice Lol! Never thought I’d find another person in the dog business like me on a writing forum, but here we are! I’m sure it does make it a lot easier, I can imagine getting a 8 week pup that is already operate is sooooo much more satisfying to work it, lol. How many pups do you work with a day? Right now I’ve been working with seventeen (seventeen! Ugh yes they wear me out, it’s crazy…if you do more then kudos to you, I still feel like I’m a beginner) but of course the days vary on what we’re able to fit in training wise.

Well, I started off doing working with dogs because a) my aunt who is the breeder needed help in a busy period, b) I was job searching for something I could do from home and still help support my family at the same time, so I wanted to try it out.

It was a little hard at first, but all new things are, and I grew to enjoy it. I’ve gotten better and the training is going smoother now. At this point I don’t think I’ll head in the direction of dog breeding/training for my own business, but I’ll work with my aunt for as long as she wants me, it’s a nice little side job.

I’ve actually gone in the direction of cats for my own little business 😀 It fits my present situation so much better right now and is honestly a lot less work. Plus I found a breed of cat that is hypoallergenic (much better for people with allergies, basically) and completely fell in love it them…so…yeah. I’m in the animal world all over the place, lol.

I don’t blame you for being passionate about these things, lol, I’ve seen a ton of it. 😉 I didn’t used to be all that much of an animal person, but so much of my life has changed in the past year so I guess that’s kinda one of them 😀

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@lrc

The amount I have varies per day but it’s usually between 15 and 25. And lol yes, they are so tiring!

Aw cats are awesome too! I don’t think I’ll ever have one of my own because my dogs are not keen on them, but I love my friends’ cats. Just curious, what breed is it?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >