The Compendium of Kapeefer Literature

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Compendium of Kapeefer Literature

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Ben Powell
    @supermonkey42
      • Total Posts: 273

Hey, all you Kapeefers out there!

I have an idea. (Trust me, that’s very dangerous.)

So, by now there has been quite a bit of Kapeefer Literature written. Unfortunately, as I realized when I went to re-read some of it, it is very hard to find. The Legend of King Daeus actually comes up in Google, but all the rest are buried in pages of ‘Recent Topics,’ and the forum’s search bar doesn’t really help.

So, my idea was to create a sort of compendium to archive all the Kapeefer Literature for easy access and link to the original forum topics. This could be a Google Doc, a new forum topic, or a custom web page (example here.)

So, a few questions:

a) Does anyone object? Is this a good idea?

b) What would be the best way to do this?

c) Exactly how many stories are there? I know of LOKD 1&2, A Catwing Christmas, @sam-kowal ‘s Christmas story, and the KPA.

Known Kapeefer lit authors:

@dragon-snapper
      @dekreel @sam-kowal @catwing

@other-random-people

A Kapeefer for life!
      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@supermonkey42  That’s a good idea! I think they should make a KP topic for it! Not only will they be easier to find, but it will encourage more Kapeefers to add to it! The more stories, the merrier

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@supermonkey42 I really like that idea!  I get so exhausted wading through the pages and pages of comments when trying to read the older installments of stories, I think a google document for each story would be very useful!

Sorry, @dekreel but I am afraid I disagree, because if we made a topic for it we would still get the miles of comments which make the stories hard to find. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
          @sam-kowal
            • Total Posts: 635

@supermonkey42 😀 Stan approves of this idea

To answer:

1) No, I don’t object, and I think it’s a great idea

2) Google Docs, a webpage, and a topic are all good ideas for this. I think a new topic would be the most accessible for members of the forum. The custom webpage is also epic, but where would the link to that be kept?

3) I can’t think of any more Kapeefer stories besides the ones you mentioned; Kingdom Pen Adventure, A Catwing Christma, Legend of King Daeus, Legend of King Daeus 2, and What Stan and I Did on Christmas.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
            @dekreel

@rochellaine  And that brings me to my second idea: Have one topic for the story itself, and an entirely different topic for the comments!

Inspiration: I follow a different forum for a game called The Aetherlight (And no, Aethasians, I haven’t joined yet), and there are several writers who write stories about the game. They have a topic for the stories, and a separate topic for the comments

For example: This is Aislinn’s story topic:

AMH

And this is the comment topic:

Discussion

( @aislinn-mollisong  I hope you don’t mind using you as an example…)

Makes sense?

Joy
              @dekreel

@sam-kowal  @supermonkey42  I guess mine is called “Writerly Adventures” instead of “KP Adventure” now. “KPA” is very vague. I suppose “KPA” is its code name XD

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@dekreel Makes sense. 🙂  You might have a hard time keeping the comments out of the story topic, though.

But I don’t really care whether there’s a topic or not as long as there’s a web page or google doc links.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ben Powell
                  @supermonkey42

@dekreel @rochellaine @sam-kowal Thanks for the thoughts! I will get to work….

A Kapeefer for life!

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal

@supermonkey42 I have to agree, that the stories will get swamped with other comments if they’re in a forum thread, and while that’s awesome, it’s not as organized. A Google Doc would be better, in that regard. A forum thread would still be more accessible, however. Probably we could do a thread with a Doc link  in it.

Anyway, Good Luck, and thanks for this service to Keepers from all over the kingdom…:D 😀 😀

Joy
                      @dekreel

@supermonkey42  Reading what they said, a Google Doc or separate website would be a good idea 🙂

Grace H.
                        @gh24682468999
                          • Total Posts: 199

@supermonkey42 I feel like a webpage would be better, because not every writer uses Google Docs or has a Gmail account. Maybe you could create a WordPress.com one for free, give it a simple layout, and whoever wants to submit KP literature would have to through you before it got on the site. That way we could simply drop a link for the newbies, and the URL would be easier to memorize and get to.

But that’s just my take — thanks for wanting to do this! 😀

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                          literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Ben Powell
                          @supermonkey42

@dekreel @rochellaine @sam-kowal @gh24682468999

Okay, so it seems that the current consensus is to make a new webpage with all the stories, then create a thread on the forum and link to the website.

I’ll probably create some Google Docs while I’m at it, and the website can have links to those for the people who prefer them.

A Kapeefer for life!

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@supermonkey42 It’s so nice of you to do this!!! It’s a big project, so would you like any help?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal

@supermonkey42 😀 that sounds excellent.

Anne of Lothlorien
                                @anne-of-lothlorien
                                  • Total Posts: 440

@supermonkey42  This sounds like a great idea! We also have several poems and songs, and I believe our national anthem written about Kapeefers that you may want to find and add. I know of mine, A Kapeefer Christmas, that is in the poetry section. And a website would be better, because not everyone has Google docs… me included.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >