The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings. Thank you so much!!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Yep, it sure is!!! 😁 And the line that has “I’m living proof Grace Wins every time” is from his song “Grace Wins”…a lot of Matthew West songs are on Riker’s playlist, lol. πŸ˜†

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6.

Β Life is…well, it’s pretty good. I’m getting through it. The last couple of days have been kinda rough. Today was great tho! 😊 Thank you for asking πŸ’•πŸ˜Š.

You’re very welcome. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• Aww, girl, I’m sad to hear that it’s been rough, but know that you’re not alone. πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ₯° We’re here for you whenever you need us!!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Writing is going good! I’ve been writing a heart-wrenching scene, as always XD. No, the middle is heart wrenching, but the end…well, I can post it if I ever finish it! πŸ˜… It’s a little violent tho…

Glad to hear it!!! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

I know how that goes! πŸ˜† Ooh, I would LOVE to see it!!! 😍😍😍😍

LEOOOOO!!!! NOOO!!! OMG his scenes always makes me want to cry 😭. But they’re so good!! And sad and sweet πŸ’•πŸ˜­.

Thank you so much, girl, you’re sooo sweet!!!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• And ugh, IKR!? He’s just so precious and…just…πŸ˜­πŸ’•πŸ˜­πŸ’•

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2974

@thearcaneaxiom

Oh, thanks for the questions… idk honestly lol. I say like America because it’s based off of America, but it is another world. Pretty much like our universe, although I’ve made my own mold species πŸ˜‚ (most disgusting thing in my entire book perhaps)

Some of the bases is over my own feelings that the division in America is getting out of control. I mean I’m not the type of person to go around saying “Oh no the world is ending,” because it’s not, but it really does concern me. The title of book one was going to be “afterthoughts of hate” so basically about the destruction hatred causes. I could set it in America to really make my point clear, but that gets a little deeper than I want to go πŸ˜…

About the war, I hadn’t thought about the motives too much. The main setting of the story doesn’t have a whole lot ot do with it, but I do need to get it sorted at some point. I was thinking along the line of both sides have a lot of bombs (I can’t do nuclear warfare because the radiation would be too much of a problem) so even though a side may have ‘won’ there wasn’t much left of the earth.

And thanks! I’m really happy with the title too. Actually, I was praying about what to pick for a title, and just started thinking more about the world in general, and lol I just kinda figured it out after praying about it πŸ˜‚ so yep! Praise God, idk if it’s even ‘my’ title. XD

Well when you have a chance, I’d love to hear about your book (s) !

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Lol yeah 🀣 I mean he makes great music

Light
            @lightoverdarkness6
              • Total Posts: 1643

@freedomwriter76

You’re very welcome. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• Aww, girl, I’m sad to hear that it’s been rough, but know that you’re not alone. πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ₯° We’re here for you whenever you need us!!! You’re very welcome. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• Aww, girl, I’m sad to hear that it’s been rough, but know that you’re not alone. πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ₯° We’re here for you whenever you need us!!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Aww girl, thank you so much!! That means a lot. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Glad to hear it!!! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

I know how that goes! πŸ˜† Ooh, I would LOVE to see it!!! 😍😍😍😍

πŸ™‚

XD Yesss!! Sometimes it’s hard to get it out on paper (or Google Docs lol). Okay!! I will press forward with you on my mind πŸ™‚ XD. Maybe I’ll get it out quicker knowing someone’s waiting to read it πŸ˜…πŸ€”πŸ™‚.

Thank you so much, girl, you’re sooo sweet!!!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• And ugh, IKR!? He’s just so precious and…justβ€¦πŸ˜­πŸ’•πŸ˜­πŸ’•

You’re welcome!! Aww thank you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•! You are too πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•!!

Ughhh yesss πŸ˜­πŸ’•πŸ˜­πŸ’•!

#HugRikerSquad

Folith-Feolin
              @folith-feolin
                • Total Posts: 311

@freedomwriter76

@thearcaneaxiom

I’m riding on a bus coming back from a quizbol tournament (and typing a bit for my WIP January Hill) how are you all doing?

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin
                  • Total Posts: 311

Lol I took forever to post my previous post without reloading the page and it seems the conversation has changed a bit

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@lightoverdarkness6

Aw, good! Oh awesome!! XDXD I have that same problem. (But hey, I couldn’t tell that they looked orangey in the drawings you posted! They looked great :).

Thanks! XD

It’s a major improvement lol

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom
                      • Total Posts: 1299

@mineralizedwritings

I say like America because it’s based off of America, but it is another world. Pretty much like our universe, although I’ve made my own mold species πŸ˜‚ (most disgusting thing in my entire book perhaps)

Cool! Mold’s are interesting. Fungus is one of the least understood group of lifeforms on earth currently, so there’s a lot of potential for creativity:)

Yeah, so I would say that this is likely not America, because Nuclear warheads would be hard to get out of the question, though it could be rationalized. But I would say that it’s safe to say it’s a different earth. (Obviously it’s your world, your call though)

Yeah, I honestly think simply Afterthought is better, because while Afterthought of Hate does have more direct reference, I think you actually say more by saying less in this scenario. It is simply an afterthought, it is too be shrugged off, it is ignorable, insignificant, that is the cruel Irony that really makes the title really stick out. Either way, it sounds like a really cool world, and I would love to hear more about it sometime!

(And yes, praise the Lord! He has done everything for us, given us this life so we may learn and grow! It’s always heart warming to hear the testimonies of others!)

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@thearcaneaxiom

Yeah, almost everyone I’ve talked to says “afterthoughts” is a better title than afterthoughts of hate. Because I want it to be a comic series, it would work to have a series name of “afterthoughts” and the first book called “afterthoughts of hate”

yeah, probably not America. I also want to have cool mushrooms, so another world would work better.

What’s some of your favorite world-building you’ve done? (It’s ok if you don’t have time to respond to that rn)

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c

You guys I got this grid thingy and these matching clips at the dollar store (dallar .25 store apparently πŸ˜‘)… super random ik…

But I’m going to make it into like a drawing and writing moodboard thingy! And I wanna have maps of my world and stuff on there! Rn it’s just Lesli on there (got some knew skin color markers finally, looks so much better XD)

It’ll be a bit like a scrap book or something. Also last summer I found a random key in our driveway, it didn’t belong to anyone… so yeah in my mind, that’s the key to the west hills bunkers 🀣 ok ok it’s not but I can pretend it is XD I might stick that up there too.

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom

@mineralizedwritings

Yeah, that works, Afterthought as the series and Afterthoughts of Hate for the first book works in my brain. What would the others be though? Afterthoughts of grief? Hurt? ect?

I also want to have cool mushrooms, so another world would work better.

You sound like M-bot:) Have you read Skyward from Brandon Sanderson? I recommend! That and everything else he’s written:)

What’s some of your favorite world-building you’ve done?

…Eeeehhhhhhhh… … … Do I have to choose? Me and @princesachronicle22 have been working on our multiverse for a while now, and there’s so much to unpack. What would be the least painful for you to hear? The different layers of the magic system? The languages? The cultures? The lore? The math(yes, math)? The Mysterious artifacts such as the sword Kirrtes? The 7 stages of the world? It all makes me too happy to be ok, so which direction would intrigue you the most for explanation?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

@thearcaneaxiom

Literally no clue who M-bot is πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

You got me curious now. Who is this and how are we alike? XD

(I tried googling this, but what I found is a coding robot for kids πŸ€”)

I have not read that book before! Tbh, I haven’t done much reading because I just get so immersed in books. If I read something intense in the evening, I can’t sleep well sometimes lol.

Oh… how about the stages of your world! Sounds fascinating!

TheArcaneAxiom
                              @thearcaneaxiom

@mineralizedwritings

Lol, yeah, If I tell you what M-bot really is, that might be spoilers, but if you search M-bot with Brandon Sanderson, skyward, Cytoverse, ect, it’s guaranteed to come up.

You’ll have to read it to find out what I’m talking about, otherwise, it might ruin it for you. XD

Tbh, I haven’t done much reading because I just get so immersed in books. If I read something intense in the evening, I can’t sleep well sometimes lol.

Yep, that sounds like my sister, she is constantly reading, then doesn’t stop until it’s like 12-1 in the morning, lol! Not always the heathiest habit. As good as reading is for cognitive development, sleep is also kinda necessary for the same thing. Still though, I recommend.

Awesome! So this is gets into what a septrum actually is. It is the equivalent to a planet, but is very different. A septrum is really an elongated 4 dimensional superstructure passing through a 3 dimensional cross section. It almost behaves like time, but it is a spatial dimension. This is a worldbuilding hack I figured out. Because of this super structure, I can shape the 3d world however I want. If you don’t have much background intuition on the nature of 4d space, here is an analogy for my particular purposes. Slowly dip your fingers into some water. Now imagen a creature that is almost completely flat, and lives on the surface of that water. It cannot see up or down, only straight. When you start dipping your fingers in, the creature will see these strange objects appear out of nowhere, first one, two, and eventually five different objects separate from each other. You know of course that these five objects are really your five fingers, and that they are linked by your hand, but this creature can only see what’s touching the surface of the water. Now you level your hand further into the water, to the point that your fingers are submerged, and your palm is now halfway through the surface. The creature would see those five separate objects slowly grow, and then merge together into one object. This is an approximation of a 3d – 2d example, so what I’m doing is similar, but it takes the analogy and applies it to 4d – 3d. You can see the potential in this, essentially the world could take on any bazar shape in three dimensions. This is where we actually get to the seven stages (I actually only know the first 4 so far). So there are seven main phases of the world where the shape is relatively stable in 3 dimensions, though the super structure is constantly moving. Each stage is an epoch of some millennia of earth years. Then the transition between them can be either drastic, or gradual. The first phase is the most earthlike. It is actually spherical and planet sized with oceans and continents. At the tip end of this epoch, is Tailen’s story. Where technology developed, but through invasion of four dimensional beings, it turns into a dystopian of sorts. Then the second phase begins, great holes begin to form in the ground, with complex tunnels that seem to permeate the whole “planet”.Β  Gravity is perceived as now acting very different, when your in a tunnel, you seem to be able to walk along walls, and other strange things occur. Civilization has long fizzled out at this point however, with a few select individuals that have survived. They choose to go to the underground, starting anew. Memory of a world where gravity seems to go one way, sunlight, stars, and sky dwindles into myth and legend. With that memory goes almost all technology, setting them back into a stone-age of sorts. As to how drastic the next transition is, I don’t really know, but they would have tried building up back to the level they once were, but before they did, the next age began, resetting there world once again. That being said, we go from caves and tunnels, to a field of planetoids, each having there own gravity. Going back to the analogy for a moment, think of the whole thing so far as touching the water with a solid tip, the first age, then further along, that tip becomes more warped, hollow and holey, second age, then even further along, long tendril like appendages split apart, looking distinguished in the water, the third age. The third is actually the most developed worldbuilding wise, with many languages and cultures. Magic is discovered and becomes widespread and well known in the form of magic speaking, a handful of languages that have different magical effects. The fourth age is the most drastic transition so far. It essentially turns into a small Dyson sphere of sorts, where everything lives inside on the surface of the sphere, a single sun like object lies in the center, and a great sea is on a constant move along the equator, which becomes their timescale, because there is no night, but there are sea cycles. This is Liren’s world, so magic is still around, but likely not well known of, and may be seen as evil, as is the case with Kirrtes. Unfortunately, this is where I am currently, so I don’t know what the next three ages look like, though there are many contenders for the shape in my mind. That got long, sorry, if given the chance to rant, I will rant. That is the guild to the first four though. The God Pair of this septrum use the seven stages to teach their children, humanity, different principles one at a time.

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@thearcaneaxiom

Y’know I rarely read the books that are recommended to me… lol you can tell me who m-bot is. My curiosity is immeasurable.

Woah, that is so cool. I never really get into the super technical stuffs of (is it kinda sci-fi?) worlds. Good thing you explained that dimensional thing, I never would have understood (still don’t fully lol) Does the world ever stop changing? A bit like how after pangea split we didn’t get a whole lot more movement? Or will it be forever changing? Also how does the atmosphere change? Like is the air always breathable, or does it’s contents change with the world?

This complexity reminds me a bit of intersteller, have you seen it? (So good!) (I cried at the end first time I saw it)

Have you made any world maps? That would be really interesting for your world!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >