The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 6,361 through 6,375 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4743

@whalekeeper oooh that’s awesome!! also cool that it’s an unconventional one.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2974

@whalekeeper

Really?? That’s so cool! I can’t imagine how that must feel.

I’ve been thinking about my secondary project (Our last Hope) for a bit now and I’ve almost completely gotten the beginning figured out. I’m actually finding that writing a tight plot is easier than a loose slice of life style (My story with Tauren). There are distinct villains and protagonists so it’s more clear cut. Anyways, it’s a bit of a dark story but the writing is going well (I mean daydreaming XD). It has a lot more stakes than my other story, and I find it more compelling to write.

Btw how’s it going?

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 3147

@mineralizedwritings

Really?? Thatā€™s so cool! I canā€™t imagine how that must feel.

Itā€™s a weird feeling, but itā€™s not distracting me from the rest of the project. I know a lot of people have their ending planned out, but get over-obsessed and never plan how to get there XDXD But this ending literally depends on how the rest of the story plays out to be emotionally substantial.

Iā€™ve always been interested inĀ Our Last HopeĀ since you tried the school RP! I bet it helps to be clear cut with the characters and the plot specifically in the daydreaming stage. Does it take place on Earth, or a crazy fantastical other-universe? Would you say it feels alien to write because youā€™re used to slice of life?

Btw howā€™s it going?

Good! School started and private math lessons arenā€™t as hard as I thought. Jiu-jitsu seems to calm me down, so weā€™re trying to keep rolling* time consistent throughout the week.

*Rolling means a time of wrestling on the mat, switching partners every five minutes. Iā€™m learning the lingo. šŸ˜‚

How about you, Min?

ā€œEverything is a mountainā€

whaley
          @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

Yeah, thanks!! I hope it stands up to my claims when I write it! šŸ˜

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@whalekeeper

That sounds really cool! Yeah, I think I tend to plot the most for the climax and not do as much for the rest. XD

I feel like a ending that depends on the rest of the story is the best. Anyone can make a generic ending, but having one like that makes it more special.

Y’know it doesn’t feel too alien even though it’s really different. It takes place in a 5ish planet system, and each planet is governed as a country. I like having two different ones to rotate between, it keeps me from getting bored lol. Thanks! I’m glad you’re interested in it. Honestly for so long ATOH was like my special project but now I’m not sure which one means more to me.

XD that’s so cool! I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

Yeah I feel like math is fun once you get it. I hate the feeling of struggling with it but during the times I’ve done well with it, I did think it was fun.

I’m honestly having a really rough go of it šŸ˜­ I’m not going to be able to go to school this year because my health has declined. I’m flirting with the line of being disabledĀ  at this point, and it’s scary. My mom and I try our best to work together with it, but it’s really really hard. She is convinced I needed to take this supplement, and because of it I just randomly threw up. It’s really hard to have patience, because we have different ideas about my health. When she see’s me declining, she thinks it’s my fault for not following her advice. Sometimes her advice is good, sometimes it isn’t. She remembers the good things she’s done to help me, I remember the times it’s gone wrong. Anyways, It’s really hard in the midst of this not to make my chronic illness my entire identity. It’s what prevents me from living a better life, so I’m thinking about it all. the. time.

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed
                • Total Posts: 658

@whalekeeper That’s always the best feelingšŸ˜† Super excited for you, girl!! āœØāœØ And it being an unconventional one is the best šŸ˜œ

Uhhh, not too many updates tbhšŸ˜… Besides Broken Shackles now being in the editing process, nothing much newšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and Riker XD

and idk it’s a little more difficult when editing, bc I’m reading over things I’ve already written and rewritten and read so many times alreadyšŸ˜…

And I may work on a fanfic or something for a bit so I can write something for fun without worrying too much about it, but I still want to write, so that seems like the best bet.

So yeah. Not too many new things, but I’m happy to hear about your progressšŸ˜

What is strength?
                Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

RAE
                @rae
                  • Total Posts: 3565

@WHALEKEEPER

AHHHH! C’MON! yOU RARELY SHARE ANY OF YOUR WRITING!!!!!!!!!

I can’t wait! I’m so excited my palms are sweating! cONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, I guess I’ll update you…

I got to 50k words, eleven days after I wanted to…Mixed feelings.

I started a new short story about Tomoko Tadashi Tama (I think that’s what his full name is gonna be, still on fence) but I just discovered that the name Tomoko is supposed to be a girl’s name, but I’mĀ sureĀ my source said it was gender neutral. Not sure what to do about that yet, since the name has already stuck to him. I can’t even imagine calling him anything else! Mixed feelings. oh, and the short story is calledĀ Heroes Among Us.Ā Probably be months before I finish it though because I know I’m gonna take months overthinking it.

Been breaking my mind about hero/villain stuff. Like, are some quote unquote heroes actually villains even though they aren’t as bad as the real quote unquote villain? Is what we are told by most stories about heroes and villains truly correct? Does it matter if innocent deaths were accidental or not? You still had the fight in the urban area, and didn’t make any to sometimes little attempt to move the fight. Then there’s the fame and fortune question, like are you really a true hero if you’re only doing this for fame? Sure, you’re still taking risks but does that matter? Plus, when a hero destroys something its an “accident” but when a villain destroys something it’s a terrorist attack, are they actually one and the same? Okay, I should probably stop now. I thin k i have the answers to most of those, but at the same time, I think I’m biased, so I keep revulating my answers.

Charrie update: A couple weeks ago, last time I was chatting with Chase, his mood had drastically improved. Not sure exactly how old he was, but he was all sunshine and it was so refreshing to see. Nahim is finally listening (I think
                  ) to what people around him are saying. I changed Igua’s backstory a bit, and I like it much better. It fits him more (:. Been playing with an Alpha AU where Emmie doesn’t die, Alpha is a bad guy, and the Realn go almost completely extinct. In the end, Alpha overthrows Grathmere because Grathmere wanted to kill Emmie’s child and Alpha was like “No, you already got your way and killed her family, you are not killing our child!” Yes, in this one Alpha and Emmie actually do marry. Alpha never becomes truly a “good guy” but he’s not a complete villain (thanks to decades of Emmie). Tomoko has been chatting in my brain, and so has Mandin.

Yeah…that’s about it. šŸ™‚

ā€œGargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."
                  #BreakTheRecord

RAE
                  @rae
                    • Total Posts: 3565

WOAH, THAT WAS LONGER THAN INTENDED. sORRY, GOT CARRIED AWAY

ā€œGargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."
                    #BreakTheRecord

whaley
                    @whalekeeper

@mineralizedwritings

Making something unique yet consistent is really important to me. But so hard to pull off XD

I like having two different ones to rotate between, it keeps me from getting bored lol. Thanks! Iā€™m glad youā€™re interested in it. Honestly for so long ATOH was like my special project but now Iā€™m not sure which one means more to me.

Oh yes yes yes, great strategy to have two projects to switch between. I feel like one project always gets priority over the other, but the other feels more positive and refreshing because itā€™s a switch of focus.

Iā€™m honestly having a really rough go of it šŸ˜­ā€¦ Anyways, Itā€™s really hard in the midst of this not to make my chronic illness my entire identity. Itā€™s what prevents me from living a better life, so Iā€™m thinking about it all. the. time.

My mom seems to have the same mindset these days. All I can say is, donā€™t feel guilty about the sadness of things. It isnā€™t your fault, and never will be. Anyone else would buckle under the same exhaustion, and the same constant need for self-improvement that canā€™t be satisfied. šŸ˜ž It is fine to feel these things and give in to them sometimes. You shouldnā€™t give in to them all the time, but to deny the frustration will only prolong it. Let it fuel you when it counts.

This is hard for me, personally, to say, because I try to distract my mom from the negative feelings and I try not to think about them. But I think itā€™s a combination of embracing those feelings and also welcoming positive ideas. The idea that you are not defined by your depression and you can conquer it over time. Realizing the problem is half the battle – sooo many people never realize their problems – and you are nowhere near past half of your life. What you are in now does not define your future, only God does.

I wish I could give more advice but Iā€™m kinda stuck in my homeā€™s problems and could really use advice too.

whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@freed_and_redeemed

And it being an unconventional one is the best šŸ˜œ

Exactly! šŸ¤Ŗ Thx for responding to my little ramble šŸ˜š

Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and Riker XD

and idk itā€™s a little more difficult when editing, bc Iā€™m reading over things Iā€™ve already written and rewritten and read so many times alreadyšŸ˜…

Oof, characters can get annoying. I still have some from when I was a Teeny-Weeny Whaley, which is a pretty good record of remembering concepts, but nothing can stay on your mind consistently without stretching its stay at times.

So yeah. Not too many new things, but Iā€™m happy to hear about your progressšŸ˜

Do whatever feels fresh! Even if thatā€™s a fanfic. And itā€™s not like you arenā€™t making progress too. You just got a book published, for heavenā€™s sake,Ā girl.

whaley
                        @whalekeeper

@rae

RAE!!! I caaaaaaaan’t share this!! Secrets keep me going! Plus it wouldn’t read understandably without context. Nevertheless, thank you for the support LOL XDXD

I started a new short story about Tomoko Tadashi Tama (I think thatā€™s what his full name is gonna be, still on fence) but I just discovered that the name Tomoko is supposed to be a girlā€™s name, but Iā€™mĀ sureĀ my source said it was gender neutral. Not sure what to do about that yet, since the name has already stuck to him. I canā€™t even imagine calling him anything else! Mixed feelings.

Oh no šŸ˜–šŸ˜‚ I learned the whole gender-assumption lesson in the past. Now I always check multiple sources before assigning a name. Marcel sounded like it could be a feminine name so I did extra checks, but turns out the feminine version is Marcelle. Sounds exactly the same, just spelled differently. It would be so much easier if every name in the world had a direct gender-switch option.

You could do what Loopylin did. She named her male character Lois, which is the feminine Louis, on purpose. Maybe Tomoko was named after a female relative? Someone who was extremely important to his parents? If his mom died in childbirth, it could be her.

Or on the comedy side of things, the doctors mixed up the baby info and told his parents he was a girl. And they signed the certificate before changing his diaper for the first time.

ā€¦Which would be weird. But weird things have happened. *Coughs*

Side note, I am also writing a short story which I would post on here if finished.

Been breaking my mind about hero/villain stuff.

Iā€™d say most of those questions have answers if we think about them long enough.

But I see what youā€™re saying about heroes sometimes being villains if we look at them differently. For example, the heroine Sophie in Keeper of the Lost Cities has technically killed a bunch of sentient ogre families because she drowned a city. Her entire friend gang helped her. I still donā€™t understand why the author hasnā€™t acknowledged this, because it supposedly goes against everything Sophie stands for. The rest of the books pretend it never happened. And in AtLA, Aang technically drowned a firebender fleet even though he says heā€™s never killed anyone before. For Aang I can make an exception because he was in a mindless Avatar state (he didnā€™t know what he was doing), and the firebenders were killing people themselves. But it still blurs the line a bit. And I will always see Sophie as a forced heroine.

Charrie update: A couple weeks ago, last time I was chatting with Chase, his mood had drastically improved. Not sure exactly how old he was, but he was all sunshine and it was so refreshing to see. Nahim is finally listening (I think) to what people around him are saying. I changed Igua’s backstory a bit, and I like it much better. It fits him more (:

Hehe, I guess thatā€™s all good.

Been playing with an Alpha AU where Emmie doesn’t die, Alpha is a bad guy, and the Realn go almost completely extinct. In the end, Alpha overthrows Grathmere because Grathmere wanted to kill Emmie’s child and Alpha was like “No, you already got your way and killed her family, you are not killing our child!” Yes, in this one Alpha and Emmie actually do marry. Alpha never becomes truly a “good guy” but he’s not a complete villain (thanks to decades of Emmie).

When has Alpha ever been a complete good guy? šŸ¤£ The Edge is strong with him, after all, so it makes sense for him to turn evil in an alternate reality.

WOAH, THAT WAS LONGER THAN INTENDED. sORRY, GOT CARRIED AWAY

nah ur good šŸ˜ŽšŸ’…

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@whalekeeper

You and me both girl XD isn’t the point of writing to do something different?

Yesss! Atoh is my priority but I really enjoy my other one.

Yeah, it’s rough. Well, maybe I can help you see another perspective on your mom. I know her chronic illness is different than mine, but depression is common to a lot of chronic illnesses.

One of the reasons I’m writing our last hope is to help other people understand what being in depression feels like. Some people have depression more related to how their lives are going, or a breakup, or anything else. (You might know some of what I’m saying already) but some depression comes from a imbalance in your brain. Some things in your brain (I think neurotransmitters) make you happy, sad, afraid, hopeless, ect. If the rest of your body doesn’t work well, you can’t have those things as much. Positive thinking and looking on the brightside doesn’t change your brain chemistry.

In Our Last Hope, hope is a tangible object. I want to demonstrate the world of those who literally can’t have hope, because their brains and bodies don’t function well, in a way that’s more understandable to those who haven’t had it quite the same. There are days when no matter what happens, I am unable to feel happiness. And it isn’t because of a lack of positive outlook.

Like you said, it’s good to not deny the frustration.

I do believe I can conquer my depression over time, but I’m also a realist. If there’s a imbalance in my brain due to my chronic illness, only meds or better health can help me. God could miraculously change my body and make me well, but I’m ok with the idea that he lets hard things happen to people. Some people have cancer and he lets them die of it, it’s ok for him to let me be sick. Depression can be a medical illness just like a broken knee. If I break my knee, I should go to the emergency room instead of praying for it to heal itself. I do believe that God has the power, but y’know, get the help you need if it’s available.

Idk if your mom is experiencing more negativity because she is negative about her health issues, or if she is experiencing something in her brain. But just try to imagine that every time you try to do something fun, you are reminded you are sick and less capable than others. My sister is staying with us right now, and I struggle with watching her be happy, because I can’t do the things she can. She talks about how she wants to ride the bus and learn it with m mom, but I don’t have the energy to go with them. I get up to try to make some food, and my shins throb like they’re going to bend. You reach for the salt, and your finger hurts. I don’t need pity, I just thought maybe I could help you understand what it’s like for somebody who’s sick to try to think about other things.

I guess a good analogy is if every five minutes, somebody came over to say “You’re sick, you can’t do that.” It’s not a person, it’s your pain/body disfunction reminding you. Trying to ‘welcome positive ideas’ with that isn’t something everyone has the energy to do. Just… living is enough work.

I’m really sorry your family has had to go through this, but one thing I’ve learned is that with every pain a family member has, the rest of the family experiences it in a different way. My mom experiences my sickness in a different way than I do, and it’s affected her differently.

Everyone with chronic illness has a decision to make with how much to share, and it effects how others see them. My parents don’t know I’m in pain unless I tell them, so unless I tell them anything, they can have a different perception of how I’m doing. Idk how much your mom shares, or how close you are with her on stuff like that.

I don’t want to project what I experience onto your mom, because everyone is different and I don’t know what her life is like, but hopefully it still helps you somehow. XD

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle
                              • Total Posts: 1103

@whalekeeper

Hey! That’s awesome!! Great job!

My book update is that I’m now in the formatting process of my next book!!!!! I’m hoping to have the proof copy by no later then next week!!!!! I’m pretty excited! (In case you didn’t notice.) lol.

@rae

Ooo Rea, that sounds pretty cool! I’ve really enjoyed the stuff you post, so I’m excited.

@mineralizedwritings

Our Last Hope sounds really cool!!! Yeah, why is it that the darker plots are more intriguing? lol. (Well, I know why they are to me, but no need to branch off on random topics.)

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. ā€œā€¦Iā€™m home.ā€

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@ellette-giselle

Our Last HopeĀ sounds really cool!!! Yeah, why is it that the darker plots are more intriguing? lol. (Well, I know why they are to me, but no need to branch off on random topics.)

Thank you! I don’t work on it really often but it’s kinda my pride and joy as far as projects go XD

Hey, branching off is what we do here. I’ll listen to a ramble if you need to get one out XD

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle
                                  • Total Posts: 1103

@mineralizedwritings

Ok then. I love the dark stories best because as Christine writers we can use the darkness to highlight the truth. If you turn a light on in the day it doesn’t do as much as when you turn it on in a pitch black room. The moon is little better then a round cloud in the day, but it can light up the whole yard at night! That’s why I love the dark stories. They give a beautiful contrast to the truth and to salvation through Christ!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. ā€œā€¦Iā€™m home.ā€

Viewing 15 posts - 6,361 through 6,375 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >