The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 6,241 through 6,255 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 1093

@freed_and_redeemed

Thank you! Someone finally put what I was trying to say into words! (Good words I mean. lol.) I guess “hate” was too strong of a word. I’m not going to go trying to justify his actions or be the “villain lover” because he’s a “bad boy” and that’s cool. I will dislike him and hate his actions, but I agree 100% with what you’re saying.

I get a little trigger happy when people talk about liking the villain because of the fact that Hollywood and Disney are pushing for the villain being good, the hero (epically the male hero) is actually bad, and the villain is the one who is good, but we just don’t understand him and that’s why he does bad things. yadayadayada. (anyone know what I mean?) So yeah. Sorry.

You’re just not going to catch me having him as my favorite character. That’s all.

And ofc you can keep the Medieval names! I know plenty of people that use the same names I do, lolll, it’s totally fine! And as for the plot, there’s a few small similarities, and if you’re worried about it, you could always brainstorm some ideas 😁💖

Awesome. Hmmm, I’ll read your book before I work on mine. Scratch that. maybe I should do mine before I read yours…… and then make any changes I need to. idk.

TY girl!!!! 💖💖💖💖 It’ll probably be $14.99! It’s at least 300+ pages, so I didn’t think 14.99 was at all outrageous.

That’s a perfect price!! I actually did mine for 14.00 somethin as well! Nope, not outrageous at all! *setting aside money in special envelope that is marked FREEDOM’S BOOK!!!!*

@grcr

Oooo, someone’s hooked. OK, let me go find the next part for you.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Ellette Giselle
      @ellette-giselle

@grcr

Here’s the next scene……

Jonathan gasped, partly shocked by the loud noise as the shot shattered the stillness, partly because he had felt…nothing.

Jonathan slowly dared to open his eyes. He caught a glimpse of 472 backing away toward his car, his gun still trained on Jonathan. The young soldier moved to the driver-side door and climbed in. The next moment, the car shot down the short gravel track and turned onto the road. With a screech of tires, it vanished.

Jonathan carefully pushed away from the wall. He tried to take a step, but his legs gave out and he collapsed into a sitting position in the grass. Jonathan covered his face with his hands, gasping for breath and crying in choked sobs. The flood of relief was almost unbearable. At last, he dragged in a gasping breath and looked up.

The sun had fully risen and it’s golden light reflected off the dew drops, making the grass look as through it was strewn with diamonds. The world around him was bursting with colors! So many colors that Jonathan felt a little dizzy. He had never seen anything like this. Slowly, cautiously, he reached out and touched the grass. He let his hand sink into it, the blades pricking his fingers and rubbing along his palm. Hardly daring to breath, Jonathan slowly tugged on a piece of grass. It broke free in his hand, and Jonathan froze, waiting for something awful to happen. Nothing did, and he lifted the grass closer. It was slender with teeny tiny ridges. At first glance it seemed to be one solid color of green, but looking closer, Jonathan could see that there were several shades all blended together.

Very carefully, Jonathan got to his feet. He felt more shaky and unstable then he had after his fall. He walked a few paces forward, marveling at the way the grass bent under his shoes and the ground beneath was soft and almost springy.

He tipped his head back to look up at the sky. He had seen it many times before, but somehow it looked so different when surrounded by so much life. He spun in a slow circle, laughing in relief and delight. He drew in a deep breath and found the air fresh and sweet. It was full of life, and there was a strange flavor to it. Jonathan had never tasted or smelled anything like that vague tint, but whatever it was, it was alive!

Suddenly, Jonathan stopped short. Before him was the most beautiful thing he had ever scene. Dropping to his knees, Jonathan edged forward on his arms. Bobbing on a slender green stem, a delicate white poppy rose above the long grass. Jonathan had never seen anything like it. He lay and stared at it for a long time. The petals were like silk, yet they were firm enough to hold up against the breeze. The colors––– there were so many colors! Jonathan reached out a finger and carefully touched it. He let out a slow breath as a chill of awe ran down his spine. “So this is what the book meant when it said God created flowers,” he breathed.

At that moment, a voice spoke. “There you are.”

Jonathan whirled with a cry of shock and terror. Standing behind him was a young man of about his age. He was dressed in khaki pants, tan combat-boots, and a gray-green colored sweater. His brown hair was pushed back from his forehead and his eyes were narrowed. He neither smiled or frowned, and the neutrality of his expression was unnerving. Jonathan’s eyes darted from the young man’s face to the rifle strapped on his back. The next moment, he rolled to his feet a bolted.

Jonathan was used to running on smooth, hard streets of the city, and the uneven grass and dirt slowed his pace. He had never encountered a surface like it, and he was hard put to keep his footing. His shoes pounded over the strange ground, slipping often. Every time he lost his footing, Jonathan became more terrified. He expected to feel a bullet tare through his back any moment, but it never did. Arms wrapped around Jonathan, and he was slammed to the ground. His breath was knocked from him.

Jonathan gasped for air, his head spinning from the fall and the suffocating panic that coursed through him. He began to fight wildly to get loose. He freed a hand and drove a fist at the young man’s face. His attacker jerked his head to the side with lightning reflexes. Jonathan twisted, wrenching a knee between himself and his attacker. He drove his knee into the young man’s chest. He attacker jerked back and Jonathan broke free.

He scrambled up, but the young man grabbed his leg, yanking him down. Jonathan kicked at his face, but again his attacker dodged. Yanking free, Jonathan scrambled up and lurched forward into a run. He got about four paces before he was tackled flat. Hands yanked him over on his back. Jonathan struck out, but the young man caught hold of his wrists and pinned them above his head. “Stop fighting!” he panted. “Good grief Jonathan! Stop it!”

Ellette Giselle
        @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint  @anyone_else_who_has_an_opinion.

What do you think of this? Does this grab your attention a little more?

Linus Smallprint
          @linus-smallprint
            • Total Posts: 401

@ellette-giselle

Yes, I think this is more intriguing. The layout here also looks cleaner than the last one.

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

Awesome!

Sooooo, if you picked up this book would you read it? (It’s okey if you wouldn’t. I’m just trying to gauge my potential audience for this one.)

Linus Smallprint
              @linus-smallprint
                • Total Posts: 401

@ellette-giselle

Probably not, sorry. Romance is not the most appealing to me. The closest you get to making me want to read it is that your back cover lets me know this is a Christian book and is similar to The Princess Bride (which is one romance story I do enjoy due to its witty nature. I am curious to know though, is your book witty in this way?) If you wanted me to pick this up, there would have to be dragons or some other animal-like beast on the front cover, or there would have to be enough people around me reading it to peek my interest on what the big deal about this book was. I’m more of the type that will let others read a book first before I try it. One thing you could maybe do to make it a little more likely that I would read it is to hint at some humour in it, but if that goes against the mood you are trying to set for it, don’t do it.

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

UGH! It ate my reply AGAIN!! I’m gonna lose it. I can’t even remember everything i said. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Ok, yes there is humor, especially from Friedrich’s mentor and ally, though he himself is pretty funny at times, and Christine can be too. The humor is not the main point of the story though. It’s the salt to the meal. ya know.
                  It is romance, but not in the normal way. They are already married but don’t want anything to do with each other. Neither are believers and they both think they can turn marriage into a political tool. It isn’t going to work, and the wise believers in their lives tell them so. Eventually Friedrich hits rock bottom and comes face to face with the reality that he is going to lose his kingdom, the newfound peace, and his wife. He finally bends the knee to the King of kings. However, after this, Friedrich searches the scriptures for what it means to be a husband. Now he has to try and start loving her and protecting her the way God has called him to even though she shows no love in return. She is afraid of him because of the choices he made previously, and she trusts people she should not be trusting because they offer a refuge from the hurt and pain Friedrich has caused her.
                  Friedrich has to learn to die to himself and lay down his life for her daily, even when she gives him no hope. Ultimately, it comes to the point where Friedrich is willing to give his life to redeem and rescue her from the hands of evil that she fell into through choices she made.

There’s action, and sword fights, capture, escapes, disguises, traitors, villains, etc. But it has a very different tempo and mood then my other action/adventure stories do. This book is deep. On the top level it’s a God-honoring, pure love story with some action and adventure. But it gets deeper and deeper level after level with more symbolism and meaning. I’ve been told by all my Beta readers that you have to read it several times over and each time you see something new.

So, is it a story I think a guy could enjoy? Yes. Will I be upset if no guy ever reads it? No.

As for the cover, I do plenty of attention grabbing action epic covers, but this one just needed what I gave it. That was the style I was going for.

So, there are my thoughts. Thanks so much for yours!

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4732

@ellette-giselle Yep! I’d read that! lol.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

I like writing romance-comedies and at the very least this will give me a new story for my database to pull from when writing my own

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

HELP PLEASE!!!

I’ve been blocked on literally every forum. That page I sent a screenshot of keeps popping up and it won’t let me post anything. I sign in and out, reloaded KP, closed it and reopened it. I’ve done everything I can think of. It just keeps getting worse. Can anyone help!?

I don’t even think I’ll get this message through….. but I might.

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle well your message just now went through! That’s a good sign!

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009
                            • Total Posts: 2535

@ellette-giselle

Do you have virus protection on your computer? Sometimes if my computer thinks something is a little suspicious it keeps me from going onto that website. It’s probably just your overly-zealous computer trying to protect you XD XD

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@savannah_grace2009

No, It’s definitely kingdom pen. It says it’s KP’s spam blocker says that I am potentially unsafe.

(And don’t you dare laugh. I know that’s ironic after what I said about Cass)

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009
                                • Total Posts: 2535

@ellette-giselle

Huh that’s weird.

Is it saying that KP is unsafe, or saying that you yourself are dangerous to KP?

(I may have laughed a little bit…)

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle

@savannah_grace2009

It says I am dangerous to KP.

(Don’t you dare let @highscribeofaetherium see this btw. I will never live it down)

Viewing 15 posts - 6,241 through 6,255 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >