The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 6,001 through 6,015 (of 6,574 total)
  • Author
    freedom
    @freed_and_redeemed
      • Total Posts: 658

@ellette-giselle OH. MY. GOODNESS. 😭😭😭 TYSM!!! 💖💖💖💖 It really does mean so much!!!!!

My most recent scene was from my 2nd novel which is in the process of being written (over 57k words now tho!!), but I will say that my first novel, Freedom’s Fire, which also features Riker/Leon as the MCs, is set to hopefully publish this Summer 👀

What is strength?
      Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

freedom
      @freed_and_redeemed
        • Total Posts: 658

UPDATE TIME

@keilah-h
        @mineralizedwritings @rae @savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper @loopylin @koshka @lightoverdarkness6 @ellette-giselle @highscribeofaetherium @esther-c @grcr @anyone-else-idk-lol

Freedom’s Fire is sooooooo close to publishing. Just waiting on the finalized cover designs, complete with the book blurb, and then it’ll all be set to get all of the information in and decide on a release date, probably sometime after I can get a proof copy to go over.

And the progress for Broken Shackles is going even smoother than I imagined, and recording my word count has been super helpful with keeping me motivated. We’re at over 57k words and over 280 pages long💖 Leon and Riker’s stories in this novel are beginning to come to an end, and I’m definitely in the final stretch, and I’ve had to realize that after this one is out (which will still be a while, mind you XXD this one def needs some editing🫠), only 1 more book in Leon/Riker’s trilogy has to be written and their stories will be concluded🥹🥲

I’ve been trying to write some other book ideas, but ngl, y’all, writing characters other than Leon and Riker feels weird😂

How is everyone else’s writing going? <3

What is strength?
        Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4721

@freed_and_redeemed AWESOME!!!!

I can’t WAIT to get the book!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle I am a simple person. I see the word “sniper.” I am immediately obsessed. The last two characters I met carrying that job description stole my heart and still haven’t given it back.

so yeah, Ron is amazing already despite the fact I know nothing about him.

I know nothing of Jack either, but I already feel sorry for him. Evan being a pilot (as I assume) and Michael being a captain are also awesome.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

RAE
            @rae
              • Total Posts: 3554

@theducktator

Look what we came home from Church to

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

RAE
              @rae

They finally hatched! And they’re SOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that the photos are so fuzzy. I accidently got a fingerprint on the lense.

RAE
                @rae

Oh, and there’s seven in all, which is great cuz this is Beauty’s first hatching and sometimes you only get one in a first one!

RAE
                  @rae

@freed_and_redeemed

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll finally be able to read the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhh…at almost 45k words, been writing in one chapter than skipping two and writing a scene in that one. It’s driving my brother crazy. Just haven’t been inspired really. Patched up most of the plot. Wrote for almost 12 hours on July 1st as a writer’s challenge. Very happy about that. Other than that, Nahim’s been in one dark place after another inside my head. And he won’t let me sleep!

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@rae awwwwww they’re sooo cute!!!!!!

@freed_and_redeemed
                      you asked how my writing’s going? Well, I’ve been writing almost non-stop on this fanfic I have. It’s like 80 or so pages so far, and I don’t even know why I have so much drive for it…..lol

I intend to finish as much as I can, despite the fact that the series I pulled the idea from was never concluded and thus I’m either going to have to wait for the author to release the last part like he promised last year after being silent about it for like a decade, or I’m gonna have to wing it and write my own ending.

-GRCR-
                      @grcr
                        • Total Posts: 1142

@freed_and_redeemed

GIRRLLLL I’m so excited for you!!!!! That’s awesome! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Terrible lol. I’m mostly kidding. I haven’t made too much progress on my novel recently… but my brother and I have been writing random prompted short stories, and those are… well, those are also terrible haha 😂😅

Fin knew. Riker knew.
                        Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3421

@freed_and_redeemed

Yay, yay, yayyyy!!!! I’m so excited for you!!! 😆

Writing’s going pretty well! I’m nearing the end of the first draft to the novel I’ve been working on over the summer, but it’s not quite at the word count I want yet. I wanted it near 60k-70k, but it’s probably going to be 50k-55k once I finish it. 😬 The pacing is a little rough, so hopefully in the second draft I can really extend that word count and smooth out the pacing.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                          @esther-c

@ellette-giselle

These characters sound so cool!! What’s the story about?

Esther
                            @esther-c

Hey guys!! I just discovered this character creator online and I really like it! It’s pretty customizable and I’ve been able to make the avatars look a lot like my own characters. (And for you fantasy writers, you can choose unnatural skin or hair colors and add ears or horns. 😉 ) Just wanted to share the link if y’all want to check it out!

Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle
                                • Total Posts: 1072

@grcr

Thank you! Yes, the characters are from the prologue and Chapter I shared. As for quotes, I actually don’t find it hard to come up with them at all. I just th9ink of the characters and the quotes come.

@freed_and_redeemed

Freedom’s Fire, which also features Riker/Leon as the MCs, is set to hopefully publish this Summer 👀

OH YES!!! Tell me as soon as it does! Hey, that’s awesome! My next book is set to publish this summer too! Maybe they’ll come out around the same time! Are you doing self-publishing or working with a company.

You have to send a picture of it when you have a copy in hand!!

I’ve been trying to write some other book ideas, but ngl, y’all, writing characters other than Leon and Riker feels weird

I KNOW!!! TELL ME ABOUT IT! Man, I wrote a trilogy recently that was really long, (the last book being 700+ pages) and once I tried to do something with different characters it just felt so weird! It was really strange.

How is everyone else’s writing going?

Great!! I’ve really enjoyed rewriting this book! I don’t have any great plot ideas that are solid enough to do anything with, and this book has been waiting 4 years to be rewritten. It’s fun to come and hang out with these characters again. I have come across a few scenes where I’m like “that was supposed to be bad? Oh boy characters, you have no idea what’s about to hit you!”

@keilah-h

I am a simple person. I see the word “sniper.” I am immediately obsessed. The last two characters I met carrying that job description stole my heart and still haven’t given it back.  so yeah, Ron is amazing already despite the fact I know nothing about him.

Haha! Well, I hope Ron lives up to the standards. He didn’t in my rough draft. I had a friend tell me to scrap him!! (I will admit that he was not well developed, but I need him for the second book and he really does get better in that one.) So, anyhow, hopefully I can fix up everyone in this rewrite. I can send a couple more scenes here and there if anyone is interested.

I know nothing of Jack either, but I already feel sorry for him.

Oh boy. You have no idea bow sorry you should be feeling for that kid.

Evan being a pilot (as I assume) and Michael being a captain are also awesome.

Yes, they are great characters. I love them all. and of course Brian, Jason, Amber, and my Jonathan too!

@rae

THEY ARE SO SWEET!!! I love them so much! Such cute little things!

@esther-c

The pacing is a little rough, so hopefully in the second draft I can really extend that word count and smooth out the pacing.

Oh you have no idea what second drafts do. I wrote one book that was a 50 page rough draft, and by the 3rd draft it was 160. Don’t worry about it. Just make sure you have all the plot ends connected and everything you wanted to say with your story said, and then go fix it up.

These characters sound so cool!! What’s the story about?

The story is about a boy named Jonathan. He lives in District 5, and basically surviving in the world outlined in the prologue. It’s his story of escape, pain, redemption, etc. Like I said before, I’ll drop a few scenes here and there.

Just wanted to share the link if y’all want to check it out!

Ooo, thank you so much! I’ll have to check it out!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle
                                  • Total Posts: 1072

@keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @rae @savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper @loopylin @koshka @lightoverdarkness6 @grcr @freed_and_redeemed

Btw, I thought I’d tag a few people and mention that I’ve been sketching characters if anyone is interested. I started the forum here.

Character Sketches

I currently don’t have anyone I’m working on if any of you want to take a look and give me a character to draw.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Viewing 15 posts - 6,001 through 6,015 (of 6,574 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >