The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3431

@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @thearcaneaxiom

Gotta skedaddle now. 🙁

I’ll read and reply to y’all replies hopefully later today!! 😀

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

TheArcaneAxiom
      @thearcaneaxiom
        • Total Posts: 1299

@esther-c

😶

What a deep subject…”

I only strive for excellence:)

“What is your favorite type of character to read and/or write?”

Hmmm, good question, When reading, I really like many of Brandon Sanderson’s characters. Like Szeth, he’s a indirect inspiration for Liren. Or Kaladin Stormblessed. These characters are those who have suffered to such high degrees, and you want soo bad to see them rise above those trials, and they feel so real, and so relatable in how they deal with those trials. For writing, I currently have been having a lot of fun with Liren, but N’nesha is a really cool experiment on many levels for me, so she’s quite different. Then Tailen is great, and I had a lot of fun writing about his AI friend 137-1618-Z, she does not have a proper name yet, he currently just calls her Thing and doesn’t like her, but they’ll get along.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@esther-c.

Sorry to hear that. 🥲

Yeah, it was rough for the first few days…had me down almost all week, but I’m doing better now, for which I am thankful. 🙂

I’ve gotten a cold over the past few days, but I’m getting much better. It’s just that time of year. 🙂

Yep, definitely that time of the year! 😅 Glad you’re doing better now tho!!! 💕💕💕

What is your favorite type of character to read and/or write?

Ooohhhh…favorite type of character???

For character “types”, probably either the Sidekick or the Mentor figure…I always love those. 🙂

But…well…I do love myself the Anti-Heroes and the broken boys the most…😆

Anonymous

@esther-c. See you soon!!! Have fun at choir practice!!! 😁👋🏻💕

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom

@esther-c

Good luck, talk to ya later!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheArcaneAxiom
              @thearcaneaxiom

@esther-c

Oh, I misread the question, I thought you meant particular characters, my bad😅

As you could probably tell though from the characters I’ve mentioned. I really like characters that have truly suffered. True suffering applied to any arch type gets me. I love a good mentor, like Iroh, but let’s be honest, Iroh is on another level, but he suffered greatly in losing his son, and now you see where that has taken him, how he has become a changed man for the better, through the tragedy. Same for who he mentors, Zuko, his suffering is so great from abuse to abandonment, and he deals with that suffering in such a real, human way. I’m getting particular again, but again, any true suffering given to a character, good or bad, makes me eat it up!

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2974

@esther-c

Ok! Have fun!

You play violin, right? Is that what you meant by band, or is there another instrument you play?

I play clarinet, I only did band for one year. Yeah, it’s so much easier to play in a group. I dropped it for a bit after switching schools, but lol I loved it too much and couldn’t live w/out it. XD So yeah I have a pretty cheap used one now but I really like playing it. I was working on learning test drive from httyd… but I’m out of practice and it was a super hard song anyways XD.

Because you are responding to these later…

how was choir?XD

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 3149

@thearcaneaxiom

Thanks for understanding. 🙂 It’s something I need to work through.

XD Yeees, numbers with personalities. 5 is a nasty little girl, but 7 manages to keep her in check.

“Everything is a mountain”

whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Total Posts: 3149

@thearcaneaxiom

Uncle Iroh!! I knew a girl who would start all her essays with his quotes.

“Everything is a mountain”

Esther
                      @esther-c

@thearcaneaxiom

I only strive for excellence:)

Of course! 😁

Hmmm, good question, When reading, I really like many of Brandon Sanderson’s characters. Like Szeth, he’s a indirect inspiration for Liren. Or Kaladin Stormblessed. These characters are those who have suffered to such high degrees, and you want soo bad to see them rise above those trials, and they feel so real, and so relatable in how they deal with those trials. For writing, I currently have been having a lot of fun with Liren, but N’nesha is a really cool experiment on many levels for me, so she’s quite different. Then Tailen is great, and I had a lot of fun writing about his AI friend 137-1618-Z, she does not have a proper name yet, he currently just calls her Thing and doesn’t like her, but they’ll get along.

So cool!! I’ve heard of Branden Sanderson and still have yet to read him. I can’t remember: What books has he written?

Oh, I misread the question, I thought you meant particular characters, my bad😅

Naw. It doesn’t matter. I was thinking along the lines of favorite character types with their examples. So however you wanna answer is fine with me. 🙂

As you could probably tell though from the characters I’ve mentioned. I really like characters that have truly suffered. True suffering applied to any arch type gets me. I love a good mentor, like Iroh, but let’s be honest, Iroh is on another level, but he suffered greatly in losing his son, and now you see where that has taken him, how he has become a changed man for the better, through the tragedy. Same for who he mentors, Zuko, his suffering is so great from abuse to abandonment, and he deals with that suffering in such a real, human way. I’m getting particular again, but again, any true suffering given to a character, good or bad, makes me eat it up!

Awesome!! That’s really interesting! 😀

Um…

But what book are those characters from?

😅😆
                        @freedomwriter76

For character “types”, probably either the Sidekick or the Mentor figure…I always love those. 🙂

Sidekicks are always fun. 😁 I love Mentors done well. Like Gandalf from LotR or (in my opinion) Artham from the Wingfeather Saga.

Yes! Anti-heroes can be really interesting to read/write!

*quickly sorts through charries from your WIPs*

Yep! You sure love the broken boys! XD

@mineralizedwritings

You play violin, right? Is that what you meant by band, or is there another instrument you play?

Yep! I play violin!

I play clarinet, I only did band for one year. Yeah, it’s so much easier to play in a group. I dropped it for a bit after switching schools, but lol I loved it too much and couldn’t live w/out it. XD So yeah I have a pretty cheap used one now but I really like playing it. I was working on learning test drive from httyd… but I’m out of practice and it was a super hard song anyways XD.

My violin is kinda cheap too. XD But it works well for me! (It could be considered used, but it was barely touched before we bought it)

Sounds cool!!

how was choir?XD

Erm…

Well we got a new choir teacher/director this semester, and most of us don’t really like the way he teaches. 😅 He goes through a lot slower than we’re used to… But it is what it is! It’s really no biggie. 🙂

Esther
                        @esther-c

@freedomwriter76 @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings

Oh yeah. I gotta answer my question. Lol XD

Ok.

So I really like characters like Ev. XD Charries that are impulsive, headstrong, most likely stubborn, but stand up for what’s right. And maybe they sometimes let their temper get the better of them. 😉 Another example of this that I can think of off the top of my head is Jaron from the Ascendance Series. (Oh, and @freedomwriter76 ’s Will 😉 )

Besides that, I like characters who are the strong and silent. And I’m not talking about the good-looking guys with a dark and mysterious personality, eventually coming out to save the day and winning the heart of one of the girls. XDXD I’m talking about characters like Nia and Leeli from the Wingfeather Saga. They aren’t super outspoken or outgoing, but they are strong women nonetheless and are tougher than they look. 😉

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2974

@esther-c

XDXD yeah I don’t like slow teaching either. That’s why online works well for me 😉

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Anonymous

@esther-c.

*quickly sorts through charries from your WIPs*

Yep! You sure love the broken boys! XD

Is it that obvious…?????? XD

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 4743

@thearcaneaxiom I don’t like math, but I don’t hate it either. It becomes more fun the more I understand it, y’know? I also like sets and functions and the graphs they create. You know, like fractals? You should have a fractal-related world/creature/something in your story universe (if you know what those are). Unless you have some already!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 4743

@freedomwriter76 I think he would hate being called a baby, lol……especially being like a century old…..

So would many of my fanfic characters, tbh. I can call them cute. I can call them my boys. I can call them anything but “baby,” and they won’t try to bite my head off.

Also, I’m glad you enjoy logic. Logic makes my brain HURT. I don’t mind learning about how to tell the difference between fallacies and stuff, but the language of it? Oh man, that’s confusing.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >