The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,746 through 5,760 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3428

@freed_and_redeemed

Rikerrrrr!! Yes yes yes yessss ✨

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3144

@freed_and_redeemed

I wanted Invisalign, but apparently my mouth isn’t big enough for all of my teeth to even fit in my head, so I’ll probably have to get braces and spacers 😅 I meannn, I had a dentist tell me that the molars that were supposed to come in when I was 12 never came in bc there isn’t enough room in my mouth 🤷🏻‍♀️

seriously though, I hope you feel better soon <3

Thanks <3

And I totally get those teeth issues, just in the opposite way 😂 I have four adult teeth that never grew in, and actually don’t exist. Big ones in the back. So they recently pulled the babies out and I have three gaps right now that need to be filled, eventually with wisdom teeth.

So basically you have too many, and I have too few! 🤣

“Everything is a mountain”

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed
          • Total Posts: 658

@whalekeeper

You’re welcome! 💖

Yep, that’s it!😂

What is strength?
          Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

RAE
          @rae
            • Total Posts: 3560

Come little child,

Run to me and I will hold you close and dear.

Come little child,

I will give you joy and wipe away ev’ry tear.

Come little child,

I’ll protect you with all the power in me.

Come little child,

For I love thee.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c @whalekeeper @koshka @keilah-h @lightoverdarkness6 @elishavet-pidyon @rae @savannah_grace2009

Sooo, question.

I am advertising Freedom’s Fire as a YA novel, and I wanted to know what y’all thought about that. I def know that my books aren’t middle-grade, mostly because of some content being for older audiences (hinted or even shown abuse, alcoholism, marriage, etc.), but I don’t think it’s so mature it should be in the Adult section.

But I was curious. From what y’all have read, what age range do you think Freedom’s Fire, Broken Shackles, and my other projects belong in, in your opinion?

(I still think YA is probably the best, and with NA (New Adult) not being an official age range, that doesn’t really count😂)

What is strength?

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed

I feel like (sadly), my novels are very mild compared to what is usually in the YA section, and that’s another reason why I want it to be YA…the YA books really need better, cleaner, and just more Christ-filled novels

What is strength?

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3428

@freed_and_redeemed

I think YA totally works. YA includes more than you might think. In our library, I find stuff in the juvenile section that should be in YA, and stuff in the YA section that I’m little shocked to see, but it def wouldn’t be considered adult fiction.

So yeah, in short, I think your books would be young adult fiction.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

freedom
                  @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c Thank you very much for your opinion!

I agree: YA really does have things that don’t belong in such an age range. YA can be very disgusting, and I think that’s why so many avoid it. And it’s just so gross that people put such horrible things in that section, because YA typically are teenagers or young adults, and people are the most impressionable at that age…I know that’s the point, but still. It’s very upsetting

What is strength?

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3560

@freed_and_redeemed

I would put it in YA if it was my book as well. I haven’t seen nor has there ever been anything suggested, that I think would make it inappropriate for that age level.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1558

@freed_and_redeemed

I think, content wise, they are young adult, even if you could appeal to an older audience as well.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 4732

@freed_and_redeemed YA for sure. Your books are no worse than the warrior cats books in terms of mature content.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Total Posts: 4732

@rae aww nice little poem! I missed it!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2973

@freed_and_redeemed

I see you with the new Aragorn pfp XD

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

freedom
                              @freed_and_redeemed

@whalekeeper @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @rae @keilah-h @esther-c @savannah_grace2009 @anyone-else

Welp, even with how much I love them, I’ve realized that I need to take a break from Leon and Riker😂

HOWEVER, I am trying to brainstorm/work on the book I hope to write after Leon/Riker’s trilogy, which is…..

Against All Odds, the Bois’ book. (I just really wanna write their story lollll) But I’m really struggling with the plot of it, and more than that, I’m struggling to figure out exactly what I want to do with the POVs

Five POVs is kinda a lot 😂 and since its also uneven, its a little bit harder to figure out who to put where and when and why. Dad suggested putting POVs together where the MCs are going to be dealing with similar things (like how Leon/Riker are either similar to each other and/or in the same scene together), which is an idea I definitely like, but not sure exactly how that would work.

Either way, I think it’s the uneven POVs that makes it more complicated XXD

If I did Dad’s idea, it would probably be:

Leo & Reuben

Joshua & Jakob

Wolfgang & Leo

and then things would change since Wolfgang would then be with Leo, but i don’t know…I could consider having none of the chapters be dual POVs, but I also don’t tend to write scenes long enough to be a chapter all on their own 😅

What is strength?

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed

or I could do what I did with my first draft (which is unfinished and scraped XD) and do their POVs in birth order, which is also still a possibility as well

What is strength?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,746 through 5,760 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >