The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,671 through 5,685 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Sara
    @savannah_grace2009
      • Total Posts: 2535

@esther-c @acancello @grcr (you’re gonna love this scene….lol) @freed_and_redeemed @anyone-else-i-forgot

Here’s another scene I wrote while revising…

Note: I’m changing it so that Sef has a crush on Cassian (Lilitu’s older brother) BEFORE she falls for Lilitu. So don’t freak out, Lefse is most DEFINITELY still a thing! <3

Sef cowered before the large man, blinking back tears.

He struck her across the face, leaving an angry welt on her cheek. She flinched.

“I’m sorry,” she lowered her eyes. “It won’t happen again.”

“It better not,” he spit on the ground. “or else you’ll get your pay cut in half,” he sneered. “It’s not like your father’s bringing home the paycheck,” he laughed coldly, and turned away.

She shook her head, trying to ward off his words.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

A wry smile crossed her face. What an idiotic saying.

Words had cut her deeper than any blade ever could.

She wanted to scream with frustration. She had been late again!

She knew better than anyone that she couldn’t afford to get her pay docked again. She was already paid hardly nothing for all the hours she spent grooming Lord Kindroth’s horses, and she had to work another job as well to make up for the weeks her mother had missed because of her sickness.

One foot in front of the other.

One day at a time.

Taking a deep breath, she reached for the pitchfork and walked around the barn to the haystack.

“Sef!”

Sef felt her frustration rising at the way her heart leapt in her chest at the familiar voice.

She turned around, tucking her dark hair behind her ear as Cassian crossed the yard, desperately hoping that the curtain of hair would hide the red marks on her cheek where Kindroth’s son had slapped her.

The last thing she needed right now was more people pitying her. It was bad enough that her father had left her mother for another woman, bad enough that her mother had been hurt by a Pythonos and was now sick, and now she had Azazel and Indie and their whole family pitying them! She was tired of relying on other people, angry that she could do nothing to provide for herself and for her mother.

She waited for Cassian to catch up with her, annoyed by how good he looked with the wind playing with his hair. Angrily, she shoved down the butterflies in her stomach.

Dropping her eyes down, she noticed her hands-red and raw from hours of work. Sometimes the nobles mocked her, telling her that she should buy a pair of gloves. They knew well that she could barely afford to feed and clothe herself, let alone gloves. Besides, soon calluses would form and the blisters would heal. Her hands should be the least of her worries.

“How’s it going?” Cassian caught up with her, the height difference between them painfully obvious—evidence of the four year age gap between them.

See? He’s too old for you anyway. Sef scrambled at anything to suppress her feelings for him, but they simply wouldn’t go away, nagging at her and making her heart ache.

Cassian was like a brother to her….she couldn’t have him.

His heart belonged to another.

Or at least, that’s what she told herself. She couldn’t let herself dare to hope…it was easier to believe that he loved another than to convince herself he wanted her and have her hopes be dashed to pieces.

“Fine,” Sef shrugged. “Same as always.”

Don’t look into his eyes, she warned herself, knowing that she’d be lost in them.

“What happened to your face?” Cassian stopped, and the concern written on his face made Sef die a little inside.

“Nothing,” she turned away, but Cass’s hand shot out, grabbing her chin and turning her face towards him. Electricity shot through Sef’s body, and she desperately hoped that she wasn’t blushing. Her face burned with the heat of a million suns.

“Who hit you?” he narrowed his eyes, and let her go.

“Sihnion. Kindroth’s son,” she whispered.

Cassian let out a sigh, shaking his head. Sef lowered her eyes. She knew there was nothing Cassian could do, either.

“Mahnith told me to tell you that you and your mani are invited to have dinner with us tonight,” he abruptly changed the subject. “If your mani’s up to it, that is.”

Sef’s pride flared, knowing that Indie only invited them because she felt sorry for them, but Sef supposed it was better to have wounded pride than an empty stomach.

“I’ll ask.”

Cassian smiled. “Good, because Lilitu was really hoping you’d come,” he laughed, and then walked away.

Sef looked after him, quizzically.

What was that supposed to mean?

Lukas&Livia
      #Lalbert
      Sef&Chase
      #HOTTOLINE
      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

-GRCR-
      @grcr
        • Total Posts: 1146

@savannah_grace2009

(you’re gonna love this scene….lol)

Haha, you aren’t lying!! XD XD I love it! Nice scene!

She waited for Cassian to catch up with her, annoyed by how good he looked with the wind playing with his hair.

Hah, that’s cute. <3

Fin knew. Riker knew.
        Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Sara
        @savannah_grace2009
          • Total Posts: 2535

@grcr

Aww, thanks! <3

Lukas&Livia
          #Lalbert
          Sef&Chase
          #HOTTOLINE
          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3428

@savannah_grace2009

Aww, I love it!!

@freed_and_redeemed

Hmm… maybe you could bring Riker to a point where he starts playing what-if scenarios in his head. Like “What if God does really love me?” “What if I can actually be forgiven?” Etc. to where he eventually starts believing it. I’m sure he’ll fight it at first, but then he just finally lets go and believes the truth.

Idk, just an idea. Again, I’m not sure what would make him start thinking that, maybe just tired of his own thoughts? That doesn’t even make sense. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed
              • Total Posts: 658

@savannah_grace2009 @lightoverdarkness6 Thank y’all very much💖💖🥰

@koshka
              @esther-c Thank y’all so much for the ideas!! <3

Koshka, I really like your idea of Riker meeting someone much like him, and I know who I’m going to do😏

also, does anyone else just get so infuriated by some characters even if one or two are just so minor characters???? XD

just wondering because these two characters are driving me up the wall😆😤

He wiped his dirt-flecked hands on his tan trousers and stepped into a room adjoining the warehouse where meetings were usually held but where a friendly conversation instead took place. “Herr Kotler?”

The stout, pudgy man turned his head to face Riker, cigarette smoke forming a thin trail from his lips. He raised a single eyebrow and leaned back in his seat. “Are you finished?”

“Yessir.”

Kotler gave a slow nod. He ran a single, plump, and pale finger across his black lampshade moustache, his gray-blue eyes twinkling with an ounce of delight. “I see. Well, since I know how much you need and how little you have to do, I request that you work the front counter for a few hours and give Frau Kotler a break.”

He was requested—needed—at the hospital. He’d promised Lina he would visit her since he hadn’t yet done so all week long. “Sir—”

“I’m sure you have plenty of time, Herr Schind, and I know how much money is hard to come by these days. I’m sure you couldn’t complain about extra money in your paycheck, Riker, and I’m certain neither would your father.” The man mused, nodding to his guest, his longtime friend, that he’d held a conversation with for an hour or longer.

Franz nodded, taking a sip of his alcoholic beverage. “I couldn’t complain. Herr Kotler has been a friend for years, Riker…his son Otto and you were once friends,” Franz’s coal eyes narrowed, “so would you want his business, so short staffed, to fail because you couldn’t work a few extra hours?”

Friends was far from the correct word, but the look in his father’s eyes left Riker’s lips powerless to voice such a fact. So, merely, he shook his head.

Franz nodded in faint—though not at all complete—approval and raised his own cigarette to his lips. “Good. Now go work the counter.”

THEY’RE SO MANIPULATIVE!!

but anyway XD

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by freedom.

What is strength?
              Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed

@savannah_grace2009 😭😭😭

it’s so good, but…but…but…

😭😭😭

Sef and Riker each need to be rescued fr 😭💖

What is strength?

Koshka
                @koshka
                  • Total Posts: 1558

@freed_and_redeemed

Glad it was helpful! (Am more than mildly curious who this character will be)

Gracious, I don’t like this guy. Or Riker’s father much either. They’re…slimy. *stalks out of room*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

freedom
                  @freed_and_redeemed

I am loving this new character already 😂

Captain Chris Augusto Taylor could never seem to time his sleep and his schedule properly. A dull buzz beneath his soft, feather pillow jolted him awake. A knock of his head to the wood above, a quiet cuss his Mamma would so hastily wash his mouth out for, and a roll off the simple pallet was enough to make a man prone to staying awake all night to read his latest literary love awake at a time much needed but much less appreciated.

He knew duty called. But was it necessary to call so early? It seemed an unruly guest.

What is strength?

PrincesaChronicle22
                    @princesachronicle22
                      • Total Posts: 802

Hey!! It’s been far too long, but I promise I do still exist 😂

How is everyone?

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                      And guess what? His is eternal (:

The Ducktator
                      @theducktator
                        • Total Posts: 725

@freed_and_redeemed

Captain Chris and I seem to share the same sleep habits. 😂

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

HighScribe
                        @highscribeofaetherium
                          • Total Posts: 2455

@princesachronicle22

Hello! I’m really good! I got my first-degree black belt in karate, I’ve finished piano lessons for the year, my online Lit class is over (ok, kinda sad about that one :/), and I’ve discovered the awesomeness that is digital art! So yeah, good things (except Lit class being over 😭).

How are you?

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22

@highscribeofaetherium

Eyy, that’s awesome! Other than the Lit class, but it means more time for creative writing, right?

And digital art is pretty awesome, I enjoy it when I actually make time for it, which is unfortunately not often, but it’s still great 😂

I’m doing pretty rad! Got my driver’s License last week which was awesome wrapping up school, I’m ready for summer to kick off! I haven’t written much in the past few months since I’ve been fairly busy, buuut I’ve been trying to get back into the flow recently, so progress!

HighScribe
                            @highscribeofaetherium
                              • Total Posts: 2455

@princesachronicle22

Yeah, I’m really hoping I’ll be able to get back into writing after it’s been on hold for pretty much all of 2024 so far.

What program do you like use for digital art?

Great! That’s exciting about your driver’s license! I can’t wait until I can drive (mostly because it would be convenient for a lot of things), but sadly, I’ll have to wait another year 😔

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

PrincesaChronicle22
                              @princesachronicle22

@highscribeofaetherium

Yeahhh, that’s how it’s been for me mostly with writing this year too, and getting back in can be difficult, but good luck!!

I use a program called Krita! How about you?

And yes! I’m very excited! But I’ve definitely been there, it felt like I would wait forever. My only advice is just prepare for the tests while you can, and you’ll breeze right through them😉

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 4732

@freed_and_redeemed wow.

just wow.

My heart breaks for Riker. But at least Leon’s on his way to redemption, which is great.

But both of them still need ALL THE HUGS.

(also, I’m totally headcanoning Riker meeting a German/possibly part-Jewish dragon character I have in a fanfic. Riker would hate him/be utterly terrified of him, and for good reason cause this character’s a total lunatic, but the timeline matches up lol.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,671 through 5,685 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >