The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 5,657 total)
  • Author
    Smiley
    @smiley
      • Total Posts: 2179

@esther-c @freed_and_redeemed @and whoever else noticed my absence

I’ve been caught, XD

So some of Y’all might have noticed my absence, I was going through the five stages of grief over freedom, I was about to get to the Wanda stage where I creat a false reality where you exist, I’m just kidding lol, not that she wasn’t missed by me

But God has been laying it on me since Eudian left that I used to spend a lot of time on here, I think it was kind of me hiding from my worries, but when Freedom left it was another sign so I listened and I was glad I did

Writing is something I’m good at and enjoy, but I really put pressure on myself to come up with a book idea and get published, because I was scared of not being a writer, of not having that hobby to fall back on

So I’ve taken the past few weeks to accept the idea that I’m not going to be a published author as a teen, or at least it’s not likely

I’ve actually been working on songwriting and practicing guitar and I’ve been enjoying it a lot

I’m still writing fanfiction cause… I’m sorry it’s just a little pleasure I allow myself and also it helps me keep up with writing

I don’t know God’s will, and perhaps he’ll give me that next big book idea or something, but maybe he won’t and that’s okay

That being said I still want to be on KP, and I still want to read you guys are writing and stuff, but I can’t allow myself to be on here as much as I was

I’m going to be working on limiting my time on here, and relying more on God and my in my life physical friends around me more

Now next topic

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!! *SCREAMS* THAT WAS SUCH A TERRIBLE GOODBYE!! AND THEN SUCH A QUICK HELLO XD

And when I got your messages, I thought it was kingdom pen like glitching or something and sending me old messages

Which reminded me of this song lyric “Salt in the wound like you’re laughing right at me” so then I was singing that as I checked the messages thinking that Kingdom Pen was being cruel and laughing at me

AND THEN THEY WERE REAL

AND I LOVE THE SCENE, BUT MORE RIKER!! AND THE FANFIC!! EEEEEEHHHHH!!!!

Also I know you said you weren’t going to be on on Tuesdays so feel no pressure to reply to any of my tags today

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3213

@smiley

Oh, ok. I totally understand!! Glad you’ve been taking the steps you need to take. 😊<3

Yes, there’s so much pressure to be published as a young writer, but you really don’t have to if that’s not God’s will. You just write at your own pace and hone your skills, or you don’t write as much depending on where God wants to take your life. (:

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed
          • Total Posts: 337

@smiley Totally understand!! Do what you need to do, girl!! 🩷🩷🩷 and don’t worry about being published as a teen! Maybe God just wants to use this time to work on you rather than your writing…I’ve been there!!! 💖💖

and….

AHHHHH, MILEY!!!!!! *SQUEALS* I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!! (i have sorely missed my Marvel rant buddy 😭😂) BUT SRRSLY, I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!! *HUGE HUG*

I’m just so happy to see you!!!!

AND THANK YOU!!! Ikr? the poor baby boi😭 wait until you see what I have in store for Leon XD

ALSO

you may hear a couple Lois & Clark rant from me these days…I have become obsessed with that show, with help from my Dad 😂

and I may or may not have started a short fanfic centered around it🥰😝

BUT ANYWAYS, MILEY, I’M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

Whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 2623

@smiley

Yeah, the others have already said what needs to be said – don’t feel like you have to get published so early when irl life is more important ❤❤ Do whatever you need to do!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

@freed_and_redeemed @smiley @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c @rae @whoever

People people people, writers –

I babysat four kids last night… ages three to ten. They have a whole list of babysitters, but they’ve said I’m their favorite 😎

Anyway, the second oldest, whom I’ll nickname Ophelia, found out I like to write. I pulled out my notebook after putting the babies to bed, and all she wanted to do was watch me write 😂 She could have watched TV or played with her sister, but no no no!

I had to simplify the scene I was writing so she could follow along! She kept asking me about my stories with the most reverent awe in her eyes… 😍😍

It was the most adorable thing ever… and THEN she went and drew a special drawing for “Miss Hannah”

*sunglasses fall off*

*teary eyes*

I’m still recovering 😂

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings
                • Total Posts: 2801

@whalekeeper

😭😭😭

GIRLLL

that’s so sweet XD

へびは かっこいい です!

Esther
                @esther-c

@whalekeeper

Ahh!! That is ✨a d o r a b l e✨ 🥰🥰

RAE
                  @rae
                    • Total Posts: 3013

@whalekeeper

Children are so cute! Can’t wait until I have kids✨✨✨

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3875

@whalekeeper ha, that’s so cute!

sometimes I share drawing or writing advice with younger kids too. They usually love it.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h
                        • Total Posts: 3875

@freed_and_redeemed ahhh Riker nooooo why must you beat yourself up like that????

but seriously though, this is why every time you and Crosshair meet each other in the roleplays you two get along so well. you have the literal exact same problems…and while the character-driven side of me hates that, the writer side is just like “yessss trauma”…….

….and I’m assuming your author is probably the same way lol. So how about we never mention this conversation or my weird attitude toward characters’ PTSD around anyone from now on, ok?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

LoopyLin
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2051

@whalekeeper

Aww that’s adorable 💕  A child’s admiration is the greatest badge of honor you could wear

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@mineralizedwritings @esther-c @rae @keilah-h @loopylin

Yes, I felt very proud ❤️ Their parents insisted on paying me, even though I would have babysat them for free.

Esther
                            @esther-c

@whalekeeper

Aww 🥰

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings
                                • Total Posts: 2801

@keilah-h

Question for the local star wars fanatic! (And any others here I am unaware of : ) )

I just saw the original trilogy with my parents for the first time! Really enjoyed it, even though the fights were a little slow for my liking. They haven’t seen anything more than the original trilogy, what other movies or shows from the franchise would you suggest? I don’t think they’d be super into the animated stuff, but I know there’s other stuff out there, right? And mixed opinions on the prequels. Isn’t there also like a show called obiwan kanobi?

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@mineralizedwritings

Keilah should answer because she’s the expert XD I don’t like Obi-Wan Kenobi but I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Mandolorian.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 5,657 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >