The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 5,658 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2801

@felicity

Thanks! I’m so glad you think so! I intend for it to be brutal lol, I’m hoping after they get back together there will be a deeper dimension to their relationship though. They were so close as just friends I didn’t think there could be a romance without some confusion XD

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings

@keilah-h

Yeah I think It’s too much for me lol, also because I think she is based off of some peagen thing… yeah a little outside my comfort zone. I guess it’s weird to me because it’s not a idea that started in Marvel. Even if they clean it up a bit and make it not as weird, idk the origins and that’s a little shifty to me.

Oh and yeah the nat hulk thing… there’s like some scene where she gets rescues by him and it’s just kinda weird with him being giant… idk. It was weird, and my sis and I were all ‘EeeeEEeEewww’ the whole time XD

Makes since. Oh, and yeah. A lot of fandoms have the strange shipping thing, it’s absolutely revolting. It’s unfortunate, because I’ve always loved the vibe of some fandom content, and have wanted to be a fandom content creator myself, but it’s just fraught with yuck. Sure, I don’t have to be like them, but I can’t be a proper part of the community without associating myself with the rest of the group. I can’t control what people comment on the stuff I make… y’know? It’s sad to me, but sometimes you just gotta drop the fandom when it goes too far. Or, if the original series is fine, just enjoy that without the fan stuff.

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@mineralizedwritings yeahh, I get that.

But then that brings up the quandary of….well…..you’ll have problems with a lot of Marvel though, since Thor and Loki (also part of the pagan myths) make up such a big part of it…….and in the myths, Loki does some really nasty things…..

I had the same issue when I first started liking Marvel tbh. But at some point, I was like, “Well, this stuff is sus, but it’s not going away, and it’s not the same, so I’m just going to at least just ignore it.”

Then Thor: Ragnarok and Loki (the TV show–yes, I know it’s kinda dark but it’s got a funny side) because two of my favorite pieces of Marvel……LOL. The irony.

Oh, and yes I hate how toxic some fandoms get, both in terms of gross stuff, and haters. (I already explained how Minecraft and Star Wars have serious fandom issues, so I won’t go into that again, but let’s just say I kinda agree with your whole “I like this stuff, but I don’t really want to be associated with this” thing.) I’ve got a clear example of one ship where I can barely find decent fan art of it. Half of them turn the character into a total pervert, based on one line he said taken out of context. I hate it.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

LOL you and your sis being grossed out. That’s funny right there.

TBH I see Nat and Hulk kinda being like Owen and Blue in Jurassic World…..? Like, it’s more like he’s an animal, and she’s the only one who can tame him. It works much better than an relationship scenario.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@keilah-h

Yeah, I see your point. It’s kinda all throughout Marvel, and you just have to decide when it goes too far for you.

I haven’t seen Jurassic park actually!

Ack, yeah. I used to watch a lot of minecraft, but tbh some of the creators were actively feeding that side the the fandom… yuck. I still watch Ethoslab’s lets play occasionally but that’s about it at this point.

へびは かっこいい です!

Allison
              @acancello
                • Total Posts: 838

@freedomwriter76

Hi! How are you doing? I was thinking about you today and hope your doing good 😊

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 8156

@acancello Hi Alli! (can I call you that? 😂) Tysm for checking in! *hugs* ❤️

I’m doing well! Currently listening to some music, ATTEMPTING to write/brainstorm, and texting back and forth with a friend. We had snow, so I played out in the cold with my siblings for a while this morning, had hot cocoa, and just had a great day in general!

I was sick over the weekend, but I’m doing a lot better now. <3 Lots of home remedies and rest helped me recover pretty quickly…still have a bit of a sore throat tho😅

wbu? How are you doing? <3

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@mineralizedwritings TBH I haven’t seen the Jurassic Park/World trilogies either but I devour everything based off it lol.

and yeah….I watch only informative Minecraft videos (My brother and I just came across a series where the guy asks for dumb Redstone ideas on his social media and then builds them. Like a vault door that runs away from you when you use it, or a sound machine controlled by bats.) Oh, and the ship I mentioned had nothing to do with Minecraft XD it was from somewhere else, I was just using it as an example. I’ve never seen people shipping Minecraft-related stuff, probably because the majority of Youtubers I can think of who do Minecraft stuff are guys I guess, and there isn’t really, like, gender distinctions in the game…?

I’ve never seen an Ethoslab video but I’ve heard of them. What’s the channel like?

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@keilah-h

XD that’s a mood. I’m that way with a lot of things until I finally decide to watch it.

Yeah, makes sense. Oh yeah lol, I used to watch that guy a lot. There’s a messy side to some minecraft youtube, no need for any elaboration.

Yeah I personally really like it, but I only watch his single player vids, because with multiplayer games you can’t control what the other people say y’know. And he doesn’t always edit stuff out that other people say, so I wouldn’t watch the multiplayer stuff just to be safe. It’s actually kinda funny, I started watching minecraft back in the 5th grade when I played it, but after coming back to in more recently I was kinda disgusted with the mass amounts of content for short attention spans. Like the people I used to watch play fairly chill highpixel games now yell and idk… make videos for children 😂 it wasn’t the same lol. And yeah, I found ethoslab kinda late compared to most people. His channel has been around since youtube was just starting, and the first episode of his lets play in in the alpha version of the game! It’s over 500 episodes now, over ten years old, so I can’t say for the content of every episode, but I’ve never heard him swear before. Oh, and he invented the hopper clock. I think that’s pretty cool 😂 He invented other redstone things but most of them have been broken with updates and are irrelevant now. I’d only watch his videos if you’re going to avoid the multiplayer stuff.

Oh and he’s never had a face reveal which I think is kinda cool XD there’s so much pressure these days, it’s nice to have people who don’t give in and just do it their way.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@esther-c

She wrote the Sunrise at Normandy (trilogy) right?

Speaking of his-fic authors, have you ever read anything by Jennifer Nielsen?

Yeah, she did!! Probably my favs of hers ❤️ Although Tom, from the Wings of the Nightingale Trilogy, might be my fav…he reminded me of Riker a lot, hehe <3

I have!!! ‘A Night Divided’ and I’ve been trying to read ‘Resistance’ by her!! She’s a great author too!!

(also, I only learned a couple days ago that the movie version of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is on Amazon Prime…and i…uhm…really wanna watch it😭)

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@mineralizedwritings cool, cool. and yeah, I don’t watch multiplayer minecraft videos much. I sometimes watch this one channel’s mod showcase videos, which the guy does with two of his friends, but I don’t like them as much as his plain informative videos where it’s just him. They’re not bad though, just a little loud and rowdy sometimes.

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3213

@freedomwriter76

Yeah, she did!! Probably my favs of hers ❤️ Although Tom, from the Wings of the Nightingale Trilogy, might be my fav…he reminded me of Riker a lot, hehe <3

I’m totally gonna have to read this now!

I have!!! ‘A Night Divided’ and I’ve been trying to read ‘Resistance’ by her!! She’s a great author too!!

Yes she is!! She keeps her stuff clean too (so far), which is always nice. I think I’ve read all of her his-fic (she’s written fantasy too) and I’ve found that after a little while, all her female MCs start sounding/acting the same. That would probably be my only complaint about her writing.

(also, I only learned a couple days ago that the movie version of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is on Amazon Prime…and i…uhm…really wanna watch it😭)

Oh yess, I want to watch it too! 😭But… I’m probably gonna cry 🫣

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Allison
                            @acancello

@freedomwriter76

Thats great! *Hugs back* I’m trying to edit right now and I’m a little over halfway done!

Sorry you got sick, but yes, home remedies and sleep are always the best 🙂

(And yes you can call me Alli or Alice, whatever works😊)

Ooooh! You have snow? This is my fist winter somewhere cold and so far its hasn’t snowed yet, but it may! Itll be a shock though, none of my family but my Mom had lived in snow. Lol!

I’m doing pretty good, we had some friends over this weekend and to our surprise one of our great friends is going to visit in February! He’s my brothers best friend and hes staying an entire week😨 🤣 And I’m starting to make friends here now, through our Homeschool group which is the best 🙂

However on the downside, one of our friends husband from our church in CA passed away and we were informed today. I just hope shes doing alright 🙁 And I know hes in a better place <3 (He was born in 1929!)

But yeah, everything else is pretty good here 🙂

Anonymous

@acancello Oooh, halfway done? Exciting!!! ✨✨

Ooooh! You have snow? This is my fist winter somewhere cold and so far its hasn’t snowed yet, but it may! Itll be a shock though, none of my family but my Mom had lived in snow. Lol!

Yeah! It snowed even more yesterday! 😃 Don’t worry…the snow is very fun😉

I’m doing pretty good, we had some friends over this weekend and to our surprise one of our great friends is going to visit in February! He’s my brothers best friend and hes staying an entire week😨 🤣 And I’m starting to make friends here now, through our Homeschool group which is the best 🙂

That sounds amazing! <3 I’m happy you’re making friends💖

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that…I hope she’s okay <3

Glad everything is going well. :3

Allison
                                @acancello

@freedomwriter76

Oooh, halfway done? Exciting!!! ✨✨

I hope to have my family read it next month and I’ll ship a few copies to friends around the US to have them edit it then who knows, I might get into the publishing process this year!

Yeah! It snowed even more yesterday! 😃 Don’t worry…the snow is very fun😉

How fun! Its going to be 16 tonight and me, from sunny California will be…..🥶🤣 But I do love the snow, we used to live about an hour away and traveled up there a few times a year.

That sounds amazing! <3 I’m happy you’re making friends💖

Thank you!

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that…I hope she’s okay <3

She seems to be doing a bit better when she texted today, I’m just sorry we cant go back to CA for the funeral. 🙁

Oh! I have a question for you! How many times did you have to edit your novel? And your publishing through Amazon right?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 5,658 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >