The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 5,673 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@mineralizedwritings That tower is so cool!!

@freedomwriter76 Those sets sound awesome.

@smiley
      go for it!!

@everyone I don’t have many Marvel sets but have collected a bunch of the minifigures. I’ve got all of the Guardians of the Galaxy minus Gamora, and I also have Thor, and the two variants of Loki that show up in the TV show (The normal him, and then Sylvie, his female counterpart). And my brother bought himself a Winter Soldier minifig because he’s great at cosplaying as the character. (He has the perfect hair for it lol)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@savannah_grace2009 great scene!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Euodia
        @euodia-vision
          • Total Posts: 1306

@freedomwriter76

(I got my BFF a LOTR/Hobbit DVD set 😜)

that is a great gift 😆

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Kylie
          @livingwoodchronicles
            • Total Posts: 267

@here

Hey, sorry y’all. If I disappear again its bc I’m loaded crazy with work, school, and well…work lol. 😜

lost but not alone

Whaley
            @whalekeeper
              • Total Posts: 2637

@livingwoodchronicles

🩷 Soldier on girl

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 8156

@smiley How are you doing, Miley? Idk why, but I feel like we haven’t talked in forever XD🥰

Anonymous

@livingwoodchronicles 💕💕Keep going, girl; You’ve got this💕💕

Smiley
                  @smiley
                    • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76

I’ve been doing thanks for asking

A lot of change going around but it’s all good

I get to go to my youth group Christmas Gala where I get all dressed up, it’s a lot of fun

How are you?

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Anonymous

@smiley Glad you’re doing well💕💕 Glad it’s all good change *hugs* OOH, that sounds like a lot of fun!!! ✨✨ I hope you have an amazing time!! <3

I’m doing well today. I had a rough day yesterday, and idk why 😅. It may not have even been the whole day, I just had random moments of sadness/loneliness, y’know? But I’m feeling immensely better today, and continuing to stay positive even tho some days I don’t feel like doing so✨

Writing wise, it’s not going so well😖 idk, just don’t feel inspired lately…I kinda only have the willpower to write fanfic stuff, and even that is rare.

But I’m trying to focus on the good, so I’m glad you’re doing well! 🥰🥰

Smiley
                      @smiley

@freedomwriter76

Sorry, I couldn’t reply earlier, I had to start getting ready

I had an amazing time and even got a 10-dollar gift card to Starbucks so I might try their pink drink soon, it always sounded pretty good

I just had random moments of sadness/loneliness, y’know? But I’m feeling immensely better today, and continuing to stay positive even tho some days I don’t feel like doing so✨

Yeah I feel you, for me, it’s just random times of feeling really insecure

I find it’s easiest to fake it till I make it, so I act confident until I actually am XD

Writing wise, it’s not going so well😖 idk, just don’t feel inspired lately…I kinda only have the willpower to write fanfic stuff, and even that is rare.

Yeah… writing has been a struggle lately, I’ve come up with so many ideas but when I actually start to write them I doubt myself so much and I always think someone could write this story better than I could

My mom keeps reminding me that I can’t improve until I’ve actually written words on a page but it’s just rough

and I feel like God wants me to write contemporary right now, but it’s kind of hard since everyone expects writers to write the next dystopian or fantasy and I feel like it will just bore people

Oxygen shortage

Trailblazer
                        @trailblazer
                          • Total Posts: 606

@smiley

I know I’m sorta butting in on your conversation, but I wanted to add something here.

and I feel like God wants me to write contemporary right now, but it’s kind of hard since everyone expects writers to write the next dystopian or fantasy and I feel like it will just bore people

If God is asking you to write a contemporary story, then there’s either someone out there who needs to read it, or there’s something about the writing process that He wants to use to grow you. Lean into it and write for Him, not for the people who could one day read it. Let the story take shape as you write for Him. I’m not saying don’t consider reader perspective at all, but consider the perspective of readers who will read your book, not the readers who won’t ever pick up a contemporary book in the first place.

Personally, I read a lot more contemporary fiction than I do fantasy and dystopian. Everyone likes different genres, and even if you don’t do what might be currently cool or popular, someone out there will still read your book, and someone needs to hear the story.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Smiley
                          @smiley

@trailblazer

Yeah I’ve been trying to remind myself of that but it hasn’t been easy

Thanks for saying it though, it’s nice to hear those opinions from more than just myself

I know God is always right and stuff, it is just kind of daunting to me XD

Personally, I read a lot more contemporary fiction than I do fantasy and dystopian.

Okay so if I’m going to write this thing, I would like to know some things.

So number one, what do you dislike about a lot of contemporary? (especially ones with teenagers and younger adults)

What do you love about a lot of contemporary?

what do you find to be relatable traits in characters?

what do you find to be unrelatble?”

Oxygen shortage

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6 Apparently we have to talk here bc it won’t let me reply to your update 😭

*HUGS YOU EVEN TIGHTER!!!* I’m so happy you got the chance to take a break tho (even if I missed you!! XD)!! So glad you’ve had so much time with friends and family!!🩷🩷 awwww, your baby sister is 1?? 😍😍
                              TYSM!!! Yes, my birthday was amazing!! (I went to a WW2 reenactment that I’ve gone to consistently for the past 3 years😂😂)
                              Yep, life gets busy this time of year, haha!
                              TYSM!!!! *hugs you again* Yes, I am so excited!!! I’ve actually gotten the copyright (like, several weeks ago lol) so now I just have to get it printed!!🤩🥰😭

HMMMM…I don’t remember if I have any new WIPs, honestly…a lot of new Marvel AUs tho 😂😂 New characters…I think I have a few, but my brain is deciding to be half dead right now 😝

I feel you…writing is super slow right now for me too, haha. Happy you’re doing so well though, and I’m SOOOOO happy to have you back!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!
                              🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷

Anonymous

@smiley You’re good, I totally understand 🩷 I’m so glad you had such a good time!!! <3

Yeah I feel you, for me, it’s just random times of feeling really insecure

I find it’s easiest to fake it till I make it, so I act confident until I actually am XD

Yep, yep, sameeeeeee

XD

Yeah… writing has been a struggle lately, I’ve come up with so many ideas but when I actually start to write them I doubt myself so much and I always think someone could write this story better than I could

My mom keeps reminding me that I can’t improve until I’ve actually written words on a page but it’s just rough

I feel thatttt😭

I know it’s hard, but I want to remind you that no one can write the stories in your heart like you because, simply, they’re not you. <3 And if God wants you to write a contemporary story, then go for it!! If he has placed that on your heart, then that means someone out there needs it. I know it’s hard, but it doesn’t matter what everyone else is writing…God has given us all different dreams.

Trust me, I’ve been there. Most writers I meet/see are writing fantasy, dystopian, etc, and I felt sometimes that I was wrong or that my Historical Fiction novels would be boring…but I kept going bc God placed that passion inside me.

He’s placed a passion inside of you, and I say chase it even tho it’s hard🩷🩷

If you ever need someone to talk to and/or read your writing, I’m always available, and I know others will be too💕💕

Smiley
                                @smiley

@freedomwriter76

Aww thanks, girl! you’re always so encouraging!!

thanks for the support

Oxygen shortage

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 5,673 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >