The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

I found these RP prompts too! For anyone looking for some šŸ˜Š

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1643

@godlyfantasy12

Ah yeah maybe!!

@esther-c

Ooh interesting!

@mineralizedwritings

Thank you for the link of the video!! I’ll check it out šŸ™‚

#HugRikerSquad

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4732

@godlyfantasy12 lol good. I donā€™t have any people Iā€™m interested in, nor people interested in me, and I hope to keep it that way.

My characters on the other handā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

heh hehā€¦ā€¦.

thisā€™ll be FUNā€¦ā€¦.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

@esther-c Nice prompts….

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12. @gwyndalf-the-wise. @lightoverdarkness6. @mineralizedwritings. @anyone-else-I-am-momentarily-forgetting-lol.

Sooo…I was gonna share this later…but heh…I finished it this morning and I couldn’t resist. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…

So…anywho…I have this scene, likely going to be in my bookĀ Allies & LiesĀ (which now only has 1 protag. bc I needed to split the 4 MC’s into separate books, lol…) and is a good scene, in my opinion, but also…heartbreaking…heh…šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ’–

But I wanted everyone else’s thoughts…šŸ„°

So…here we go!!!

The house was quietā€¦too quiet. The kids were thereā€¦but Aadelheide was missing.

Abelard turned to his brother-in-law. ā€œWhereā€™s Aadelheide?ā€

Leonā€™s gaze fell and his eyes closed.

Abelard stepped closer to the table. ā€œLeon, whereā€™s Aadelheide? Whereā€™s your wifeā€¦whereā€™s my twin sister?ā€

Leonā€™s fingers wrapped tighter around his cup. His left hand was bare of a ring.

Abelard stumbled backward. The world spun around him. His heart pounded in his head. ā€œNoā€¦Leon, noā€¦sheā€¦she canā€™tā€¦noā€¦ā€

Leon slowly looked up, eyes bright with tears. ā€œā€¦Sheā€™s dead.ā€

Tears coursed down Abelardā€™s cheeks and he sank into a chair. His sisterā€¦his twinā€¦was dead. Just like Neesh. Just like so many. ā€œHowā€¦w-why?ā€

ā€œAsk the ones that killed her.ā€ Leon snarled in reply, grabbing a bottle from the middle of the table, opening it.

Abelard glanced at his brother-in-law. ā€œHow could she die? She was healthyā€¦youngā€¦ā€

ā€œShe shouldnā€™t have. But they killed her. They killed her because she was Germanyā€™s enemy because she married meā€¦she should have lived a lot longer.ā€

Abelardā€™s head spun with the reality of it all. His sister was killedā€¦now she was dead. But sheā€¦she had believed in God.

A small smile rose to Abelardā€™s face. ā€œShe believed, Leonā€¦she believed. So now sheā€™s happy and with the God-ā€œ

Leon groaned and stood, holding the glass bottle still, taking a sip from it. ā€œNot you too. Canā€™t everyone stop talking about God for once!?ā€

Abelard wiped away tears with his uniform sleeve and raised an eyebrow at his brother-in-law. ā€œI thought you believedā€¦you and Aadelheide always went to church. You always seemed to have a strong-ā€œ

ā€œLook around you, Abelard! People are dead, children are orphaned, our entire world is ravaged and in shambles, and my wife is dead. Where is God in any of this!?ā€

Abelard blinked. ā€œBut you believeā€¦same as my motherā€¦same as Aadelheide didā€¦same as I doā€¦you have to still-ā€œ

Leon slammed the glass bottle down on the counter with a thud. ā€œNot anymore. If God was so powerfulā€¦so good, then why didnā€™t he stop the violence? Why didnā€™t he stop the bloodshed? Why didnā€™t he-ā€œ

ā€œGod always turns things around for good, Leon. He always has a purpose, no matter what-ā€œ

ā€œHe let my wife die!ā€ Leon screamed, tears coursing down his cheeks in droves.

Abelard felt tears spring to his eyes and he stood. ā€œLeonā€¦ā€

Leon turned away. ā€œIf God wants to turn his back on meā€¦then Iā€™ll turn my back on him.ā€

ā€œLeon, he never left you. Even through this war, he was-ā€œ

ā€œYou have no idea what Iā€™ve been through. If you saw and felt the things I have, you wouldnā€™t trust in God either.ā€

ā€œLeonā€¦ā€

Leon shook his head and faced Abelard again. ā€œNo. Donā€™t try to convince me. Do you know what itā€™s like to lose your faith, Abelard, the one thing you thought you would never lose?ā€

ā€œLeon, you were never alone. God was-ā€œ

ā€œI was in that camp for an entire year! I was worked to deathā€¦beatenā€¦starved. I was treated like I was less than an animal! And do you know what I realized in that camp, Abelard? Do you know what I learnedā€¦?ā€

Abelard slowly shook his head, watching his brother-in-law. Another person the war had destroyed. ā€œNoā€¦what?ā€

ā€œI realized that the God Iā€™ve been taught to believe in since I was a young childā€¦the God I thought loved meā€¦doesnā€™t care a dime about me.ā€

Abelard shook his head. No, it wasnā€™t true. ā€œLeon, he does careā€¦he sent his son to die for youā€¦he loves you, so much more than you will ever-ā€œ

ā€œYou donā€™t know what itā€™s like, Abelard. You donā€™t know what itā€™s like to be beaten and starvedā€¦to be treated like youā€™re less than an animalā€¦to be treated like youā€™re dirt under someoneā€™s feetā€¦and to endure the humiliation and dehumanization of that camp I lived inā€¦and to endure all of thatā€¦and realize that the God you thought you could trust inā€¦the God that you thought loved youā€¦just stood there and did nothing.ā€

Abelard laid his hands on his brother-in-lawā€™s shoulders. ā€œLeon, I know this is hardā€¦but you canā€™t lose hopeā€¦you need to-ā€œ

ā€œLose hope!? I lost my hope a long time ago, Abelard. What is there to hope in anymore!?ā€

Abelard gripped Leonā€™s shoulders tighter. He couldnā€™t let his brother-in-law continue down this path. ā€œLeonā€¦I canā€™t see you continue down this pathā€¦thereā€™s anger in youā€¦dangerous anger that will destroy you if you donā€™t-ā€œ

Leon pulled away from Abelardā€™s grip. ā€œI have a right to be angry. God stood there and did nothing, and my wife was killed by someone! And Abelard, I promiseā€¦I swearā€¦if I ever get my hands on the man who killed my wifeā€¦I. Will. Kill. Him.ā€

Leonā€™s dark brown eyes sparked with something so much more than angerā€¦so much darker than anger.

ā€œLeonā€¦donā€™t let hate destroy youā€¦ā€

ā€œI donā€™t need to be preached at.ā€ Leon snarled, grabbing the bottle off the counter and taking a big, long sip.

Abelard slowly shook his head. ā€œWhat would Aadelheide think-ā€œ

ā€œWell, Abelard, it doesnā€™t really matter, does it!? Sheā€™s gone, and sheā€™s never coming back. Iā€™m tired of people telling me theyā€™re sorry for my lossā€¦Iā€™m tried of everyone trying to convince me that everything is okay. My wife is dead, and nothing can ever bring her back!ā€

ā€œLeonā€¦ā€

Footsteps sounded, and Isabel appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, alone, since her little brothers were napping.

Abelard glanced over, and Leon did the same.

Abelardā€™s eyes softened at the sight of his almost eight-year-old little niece, who remained in the doorway, uncertainty and caution in her bright blue eyes.

Leon slowly turned to Abelard. ā€œYou need to leave.ā€

Abelard faced his brother-in-law. ā€œLeon, none of us want to see hatred destroy you. God isnā€™t responsible for Aadelheideā€™s death. Iā€™m sorryā€¦but sheā€™s gone, Leonā€¦we justā€¦we have to keep goingā€¦even when itā€™s hard. But you canā€™t blame Godā€¦and you shouldnā€™t hate anyone.ā€

ā€œAbelard, please, justā€¦goā€¦ā€ Leon whispered, and the anger left his eyes. Insteadā€¦Abelard saw brokenness.

Isabel quietly came into the kitchen and grabbed Leonā€™s leg.

Leon took another sip of alcohol, set the bottle down, and lifted Isabel into his arms. ā€œAbelard, please, justā€¦just go. Louisa lives close by.ā€

Abelard slowly nodded. ā€œOkayā€¦I-Iā€™ll go.ā€

And he turned on his heel and walked out of the kitchen.

Tears coursed down his cheeks, and he whispered, prayed, for his brother-in-law that he so dearly cared about; ā€œDear Godā€¦save him.ā€

Anonymous

Oh, also!!! I listened to these songs when writing much of the scene I just posted!!!

Empty by Tauren Wells

Remind Me You’re Here by Jason Gray

Questions by 7eventh Time Down

I Believe It Now by Sidewalk Prophets

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Wow.

That scene……

Just wow.

I’m honestly wondering if I can use this as a sort of framework to write some of my own emotional scenes……

Light
                  @lightoverdarkness6
                    • Total Posts: 1643

@freedomwriter76

AHHH LEON!!!! ABELARD!!! NOOOOO!!!

Girl!!! You write the BEST SCENES!!! Ahh I want to cry and just hug both of them. And little Isabel!

šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@keilah-h. @lightoverdarkness6. Aww, thanks y’all! Y’all are so sweet!!! šŸ’–šŸ„°šŸ’–

And yes, Light….I wanna hug all of them too!!! šŸ’–šŸ˜­

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings
                        • Total Posts: 2973

@freedomwriter76

GIRL!! That was so good. So sad too! I kinda liked how you held off until the end to show he wasn’t drinking water, kinda gave the scene a bit more punch šŸ˜¬ I feel so bad for both of them šŸ˜„ what a difficult thing to figure out, I think your doing a great job of it though!

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. AHHHH, MIN!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ„°

And I know…I feel so bad for them too!!! I just wanna hug them tight!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Aww, thank you!!! I kinda felt like I needed to hold off the reality that Leon was drinking something much different than water, so I’m glad you thought it gave the scene an extra punch. šŸ˜… But…not a good punch thošŸ˜¬

Aww, thank you!!! Yes, it’s a very difficult thing, *sniff*, and Abelard is just now learning it…šŸ˜­

How have you been today, Min? I hope you’re doing well. šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

I’m doing ok! Thanks so much for asking! šŸ’›šŸ’›šŸ’›

I’ve been writing a bit, was editing my draft for Tauren and Lesli’s book, I’m at 35k words now!

I finished (and started lol) a 5 source annotated bibliography, so glad to have that over with lol. My topic is how dictators rise to power, so I’m learning some pretty interesting stuff I didn’t know!

What about you? How are you doing?

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. Glad to hear it. You’re very welcome! šŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œ

WOO-HOO!!! Go Min!!!! 35K words is AMAZING!!! You got this!!! šŸ„³šŸ™ŒšŸ»šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ

Oof, yes, it sounds like something you’d be glad to be done with for sure! šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚ Ooh, that’s a really cool topic! šŸ˜šŸ˜‰

I’m doing better today. Stuff comes and goes still. Today we had clear blue skies and things are starting to warm up down here. šŸ’œ I don’t like summer too much because it’s too hot and there’s a lot of bugs (and I hate bugs!!! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±) but this winter has just felt kinda gloomy, y’know? šŸ˜…

But I’m doing pretty well today. I guess I could be better, but I’ve felt better today than I have in a while. šŸ’œ Still dealing with a bit of loneliness, but I’ve felt better today. šŸ˜Š

Still working through all of my school subjects too. šŸ˜‰ They’re all actually not too bad, except for the Algebra! šŸ˜…šŸ˜±šŸ˜‚ But school’s going pretty well too. šŸ˜

Didn’t do much writing today…but I’ve written a lot recently, so a break actually feels pretty good.

šŸ˜ŠšŸ’œ

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

WOO-HOO!!! Go Min!!!! 35K words is AMAZING!!! You got this!!! šŸ„³šŸ™ŒšŸ»šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ

Thanks!! šŸ’›

Iā€™m doing better today. Stuff comes and goes still. Today we had clear blue skies and things are starting to warm up down here. šŸ’œ I donā€™t like summer too much because itā€™s too hot and thereā€™s a lot of bugs (and I hate bugs!!! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±) but this winter has just felt kinda gloomy, yā€™know? šŸ˜…

Haha same to like all that! That’s great your feeling better, we had some blue skies today too and it was pretty nice. I hate bugs too! I can’t relax if I know there’s one in the room I haven’t eliminated XD. And yeah! I don’t like summer heat šŸ„µ I’m at home when it’s room temperature but with a cool breeze.

But Iā€™m doing pretty well today. I guess I could be better, but Iā€™ve felt better today than I have in a while. šŸ’œ Still dealing with a bit of loneliness, but Iā€™ve felt better today. šŸ˜Š

Yeah I know how that goes. Glad your feeling a bit better though! <3

Ikr? The loneliness gets me too. The only people I see besides my family (excluding the interactions at church) are the other Costco shoppers šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

I’ve had more anxiety than loneliness (I used to be really loneley and tried waaaay to hard to make friends, recently I felt like I was just becoming aware this wasn’t the time, and I just needed to wait it out for whatever God had planned, It was really nice to have a break from my high-effort-trying-to-make-friends conversations) I’m hopefully taking an in person art class this next quarter, and it’s kinda a stressful thought šŸ˜‚ It’s at the college, so I might be one of the youngest in the class, and it’s been since 6th grade since I was in a public school environment šŸ˜› Idk if you get how this works because you weren’t in public school, but you kinda learn how to function and shake stuff off in a secular environment… I think that shell might have worn off :/

Anyways That was long XD

Still working through all of my school subjects too. šŸ˜‰ Theyā€™re all actually not too bad, except for the Algebra! šŸ˜…šŸ˜±šŸ˜‚ But schoolā€™s going pretty well too. šŸ˜

That’s good! Oof… algebra. I have two overdue assignments for alg 2 actually šŸ˜–šŸ˜®

Didnā€™t do much writing todayā€¦but Iā€™ve written a lot recently, so a break actually feels pretty good.

šŸ˜ŠšŸ’œ

yep i agree. I find that rotating between my two wips keeps me sane XD

Have you ever had a day where you were just kinda in your story in your head for most of the day, and you just feel like weird and… floaty? I’m sorry that’s the best description I have šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ like less human? It happens to me every once in awhile, I escape from reality into my little world then I feel weird after a bit because I go a little too long in a fantasy realm of my brain šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ (In other words, should take a break before I become a crazy author XD)

šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜

Otherworldly Historian
                                @otherworldlyhistorian
                                  • Total Posts: 229

@mineralizedwritings

I can totally relate to the bibliography. I just finished one for my own paper which was also coincidentally on a dictators rise (specifically Hitlerā€™s).

Also the floaty thing happens to me a whole lot. I feel that is a good way to describe it. I usually just think of it as going to Kharvia but I agree that a tiny part of me imagines my mind floating away and then materialising in my fantasy world. This happens especially when I am bored. Like in math class. I really need to pay more attention and stop just daydreaming through notes and then asking my brother to explain them to me later.

Through darkness,
                                  light shines brightest

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >