The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 6,575 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

@esther-c

Yes! I’ve done that but I could hum the music because I imagine music from Adventures in Odyssey episodes and other movies/TV shows/audio dramas.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4721

@lightoverdarkness6  That’s cool!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Aww that scene! So cute!!

@godlyfantasy12
          I get you. I sometimes do that too. Usually, for me, I just abandon the idea, then go back and look at it at a later time. Then I can weed out what doesn’t seem good for me, my characters, or my “readers” (saying that because the last time that happened, I was brainstorming a fan fiction which I’m not sure if very many people will actually read)

Writing Bible verses to remember the theme is a good idea, especially if you’re writing a sort of allegory…..?

@esther-c
          Kinda?

I mean half my work is fanfics, so they already kinda have music and such.

But I did use my iPad to make a movie trailer for me and my brtoher’s Lego stories!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3423

@sarafini

Awesome!

I’m not the only one! 😂

@keilah-h

But I did use my iPad to make a movie trailer for me and my brtoher’s Lego stories!

Sounds cool!!

@godlyfantasy12

Yes. Sometimes it’s hard to show the light when you have to write dark things. I sort of struggle with this. I struggle more with incorporating my theme, which is: trusting God in the dark. So sort of similar.

Totally read and write out Bible verses! Remind yourself of your theme often. And if you feel like it’s getting to dark, throw in a “light-filled” scene or paragraph or two. Even if it turns out a little choppy and maybe interrupts the prose, go ahead and do it. It may work, it may not. But that’s what your drafts are for and you can always go back and edit! 🙂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@esther-c Yep! It’s kinda silly…..But it was really fun making it!

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6
                • Total Posts: 1643

@keilah-h

Thanks! 🙂

@esther-c

OMG!! Girl, I do that every. Single. Scene. I. Write. XDXD I love doing it too! And, I actually have been thinking about different themes for different scenes!! I play piano, and I’m learning how to compose my own music!!! I’ll have to share some once I compose it and play it!!

@godlyfantasy12

Yes, I totally get you. It’s hard to write dark and light evenly. I mean, our world is so dark. We can’t really change that. All we can do is pray, and, for us writers, fill the world with uplifting, inspiring, God praising books. To make our stories realistic, we have to have darkness. Because in the darkness, the light shines brightest. But yeah, we can’t just write darkness, and we can’t just have everything all happy and rainbows, because in order to inspire people, our characters have to be realistic. So, I agree with what Esther and Min said. After writing a few dark, sad scenes, write a light, happy scene, or maybe just have a sweet moment. It will go a long way. And yeah, uplifting scriptures will help too.

And most importantly, remember to pray about it. God knows best. Hope that helped 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6 @acancello and @mineralizedwritings

I saw you guys were on. Want to chat?

@acancello
                  I thought I’d tag you to join this chat if you wanted to. You can ignore if you want. 😉

Anonymous

I’m about to do some writing. I’m trying to write the 1st meeting between 2 girls who would become best friends. The problem is that the mother of my MC looks down on the mother of my side character just because she’s poorer (they both live on the borderline of 2 realms) and my side character’s mother is scared of my MC’s mother. So, the MC has to go behind her mom’s back. It’s tough to write both sides of the issue because both my MC and my MC’s mother are in the wrong.

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12
                      • Total Posts: 6645

Thx for all the advice y’all!! @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @keilah-h

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

Hey, you’re on! Want to chat?

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6

@sarafini

Ah sorry! I was holding my baby sister. I’m on now, for a few minutes, anyway. Oooh, that does sound like a hard scene. Good luck!

@godlyfantasy12

You’re so welcome!! 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6 It’s np. How’s life?

Esther
                            @esther-c
                              • Total Posts: 3423

@lightoverdarkness6

OMG!! Girl, I do that every. Single. Scene. I. Write. XDXD I love doing it too! And, I actually have been thinking about different themes for different scenes!! I play piano, and I’m learning how to compose my own music!!! I’ll have to share some once I compose it and play it!!

That sounds sooo cool!! I’ve played piano for… 8 years now, I think, but I don’t think I could compose my own music. (Ok… maybe I could if I tried. XD)

Can’t wait to hear it!!

@sarafini

I’m about to do some writing. I’m trying to write the 1st meeting between 2 girls who would become best friends. The problem is that the mother of my MC looks down on the mother of my side character just because she’s poorer (they both live on the borderline of 2 realms) and my side character’s mother is scared of my MC’s mother. So, the MC has to go behind her mom’s back. It’s tough to write both sides of the issue because both my MC and my MC’s mother are in the wrong.

That does sound hard to write. I’m not sure if I can offer much advice on it, but good luck!! 🙂

@godlyfantasy12

Of course!! 🙂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Light
                              @lightoverdarkness6

@sarafini

Lifes pretty good! I’m just talking with y’all on KP while my family watches a football game. How about you?

@esther-c

Heyoo!! Wanna join our chat?

That sounds sooo cool!! I’ve played piano for… 8 years now, I think, but I don’t think I could compose my own music. (Ok… maybe I could if I tried. XD)

Wow!! I’ve been playing for almost 5 years. Yes, I think you could! You should try it sometime :). I bet you’d do awesome!

Can’t wait to hear it!!

Thank you!!

#HugRikerSquad

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12
                                  • Total Posts: 6645

@sarafini @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 Hiya!!!! What y’all wanna chat about?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 6,575 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >