The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1,831 through 1,845 (of 5,668 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3221

@hybridlore

Agh! KP ate my post cuz I put two links in it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Let’s try this again. XD

Waittt — (wingfeather saga right? I love those!!) Sounds awesome!! ☺️ Could I read it??

(Yep, the Wingfeather Saga!) You can totally read it!! I’d love to get your feedback! Here’s the link to the forum topic: WFS Fanfic

And yess!! Themes are amazing — I wish I was better at doing stuff like that — it’s not my strong point. Yet.

It’s not my strong point yet either. XD But it’s definitely something I strive for. 😉

And your wip sounds amazing!!! Tag me if you post anything about it — is there a forum already?? 😉

Thanks so much!!! ❤️ There is a forum where I posted the first draft. (And the second draft is looking much better, btw. XD) I’ll put the link in a different post so KP doesn’t eat this one.

Aww thanks!!!! ♥️ Sorry I know that was really, really vague 😆 But I haven’t really committed to it yet so don’t have much of a plot. However I haven’t been able to drop that idea so maybe I’m meant to write it . . . ?

Maybe you are! If you ever post some of it on KP, be sure to tag me! 😊

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Esther.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3221

Here’s the link to my WIP!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2059

@acancello @hybridlore @kyronthearcanin

I probably won’t answer all of these

fav color: dark green. Or black. Or yellow? Actually I can’t decide on this one…

fav animal: crows or foxes (crows are super intelligent and will bring you shiny things if they like you)

dog or cat person: both. I love animals in general

fav character: this one’s hard… I love my alien character Dante as I’ve already made clear, but there’s also Nico. He is a sleep deprived guy in his early 20s who goes around trying (but failing) to disprove the existence of things like ghosts or Bigfoot. And there’s also Maggie, Nico’s clumsy yet optimistic best friend/coworker. And I have a bunch of other characters. I can’t decide…

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
          @loopylin

@esther-c the blurb for your WIP sounds awesome! I might not read the actual thing right now, but I’ll definitely look at it over the summer

LandriC
            @landric
              • Total Posts: 105

I’m down to answer and chat!

1. My favorite color is olive/army green
              2. I’m definitely a dog person over a cat person, but I think my favorite animals are sea otters!
              3. Favorite books of mine…The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Horse and His Boy, Mariel of Redwall, The Burning Bridge (and all the series those go with 😉
              4. To share…currently, I’m drafting a new story idea over on the YWW challenge this week….see what you guys think of all this!

Blurb:

Kuyper has been on her own for a long time. Rivesque is not exactly the best kingdom to navigate on your own, but sixteen-year-old Kuyper is an expert at fending for herself in the streets. But when an accident resulting in a classified information leak forces Kuyper to seek out higher help, she finds herself tossed into a team of six young people (human and animal) who are the only ones capable of saving Rivesque. As Kuyper is pushed beyond her limits and her secrets are exposed, can she find the strength to continue?

What’s one important desire that your protagonist has?
              Kuyper wants connection and family. She desires someone who will love and accept her, but she never remembers having had this feeling, so she doesn’t really know that’s her desire.

What’s one important moral weakness that your protagonist has?
              Kuyper is very untrusting and struggles to be loyal. Having been abandoned so often and used to fending for herself, relationships are difficult. She is guilty of thinking of turning traitor multiple times to protect herself rather than the group.

What’s one important fear that your protagonist has?
              Kuyper is afraid of being found out. Unlike the people around her, Kuyper is a telepath. She can hear the thoughts and feelings of those around her. She’s never shared this detail with anyone since she was a child because she is too afraid of being shown to have magical parentage. (That’s a crime in their society.)

What’s one personality trait your protagonist can have that’s inspired by someone you know in real life?
              Kuyper is extremely intuitive to the moods and feelings of others. She does her best to help and comfort, even thought she can come across as a little rough on the exterior. (As influenced by a close friend of mine 😉)

What’s one admirable character quality that your protagonist has?
              Kuyper is extremely wise. She has a great head for planning, fighting, and strategy. She can think her way out of almost any situation based on previous experience. However, she also follows her moral code of chivalry, justice, and mercy very carefully. She does not give advice unless asked, but her advice is sound and true.

Backstory:
              Kuyper was born to a human mother and a father with magic mixed in his past. Therefore, Kuyper gains telepathy through her father’s blood. At a very young age, both of her parents were killed by other banished magical creatures because of judgements they made on Kuyper’s parents choices. Kuyper’s memory was wiped by the creatures and she was deposited at an orphanage. She ran away at the ripe old age of five and has been making money dumpster diving and street fighting ever since.

"To death or to victory"

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@landric

The Burning Bridge (and all the series those go with 😉)

Oh! Ranger’s Apprentice, right? I love those books, but I still haven’t finished. I got halfway through the Burning Bridge before school interrupted.

LandriC
                @landric

@loopylin

Yes!! I love Ranger’s Apprentice! They’re all really good. He does some fantastic plot twists later on.

"To death or to victory"

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin

@landric

Cool! I’ll pick the series back up again soon.
                    Also, I love Kuyper. What you wrote about her sounds awesome already. And those questions seem really helpful. I might use them for some of my own charries.

LandriC
                    @landric

@loopylin

Yess, you should definitely keep going!!

Thanks!! I’m glad you like her so far 😉

"To death or to victory"

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h
                        • Total Posts: 3875

@acancello Ooh, I’ll do it!

1. What’s your favorite color? Blue and orange.
                        2. Favorite animal? Somewhere between dolphins and lizards.
                        3. Favorite book (Sorry, that’s a hard question 😀 ) It changes all the time….
                        4. Anything you would like to share like stories, WIPs? Well…..My stories are mostly fanfics. And over half of those aren’t even written down–they’re sorta told orally in a back and forth, roleplay-like thing with my brother (who hates writing but makes stories that are almost better than mine). So it’s hard to pin down a concrete WIP that I have.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 8156

@acancello Great idea!!! 🙂 @hybridlore @esther-c @kyronthearcanin @loopylin @keilah-h @landric

I’m gonna try to answer all the questions 😆 and i’ll add a couple questions of my own at the bottom of this post 👇👇👇

fav color: Pink!

fav animal: Tigers

fav book: Preacher on the Run by Jayna Baas and The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (yes, I know there are 2 😆🤣)

Anything you would like to share like storys, WIPs?: Wellllll….I share about mine all the time, lol 😂 But i’ll share about the one I was writing some things on today, lol.

It’s a WWI WIP, titled Fallen Dreams, about 2 German brothers in 1917-1918 (getting towards the end of the first world war) who come from a sad/abusive background, both close, but who are both, in their own ways, changed by the war…mostly in not so good ways. There will be a semi-hopeful ending, but it is supposed to be more of a book that shows the realities/brokenness of WWI, and how decisions the brothers make/others make alters their future. 😢😭 The brothers’ names are Felix and Hans Baumann, and it’s sort of a prequel-type story, since both Felix and Hans are in my WWII novels, just older versions of them 😉

Dog or Cat person: DOG person, by far! I love dogs so much! XD

Best piece of writing you’ve ever done (in your opinion): Hmmm…this is a hard one…truth be told, I haven’t finished really much of anything yet 😂 but other than random scenes and stuff…probably a about 1,000-word D-Day short story I wrote a couple years ago, although it needs some grammatical corrections, I loved the way it turned out.

What’s your favorite thing to write about and why: I love to write about WWII/The Holocaust, the themes of forgiveness/redemption, and brother dynamics! I love writing about WWII/The Holocaust because I both love learning about that time period, and because I love using that time period in my writing to show how God can still be good, even in the darkest. Forgiveness/redemption are two of my favorite themes bc they really speak to me, and I think they’re messages the world needs to hear. And I love writing brother dynamics because they’re important, in my opinion, and because brothers are just too much fun to write!!! XD That’s why I have five of them that hang out all the time and are just THE BEST!!!

Favorite character you’ve ever written??: Riker, by far XD First off, he’s my baby!!! Second, his story is so beautifully sad, tragic, yet hopeful, and I just love it ❤️ Third, when it comes to struggles…he’s a lot like me 😅 like, scarily similar 0_o 😂

Favorite song?: Oohhhh, this is a hard one!!!! My favs right now though might have to be Broken Prayers by Riley Clemmons, Hold On by Katy Nichole, Plans by David Leonard, and Someone Worth Dying For by MIKESCHAIR (a song that’s helped pull me through a lot of things in life❤️)

@EVERYONE

1. The character you struggle the most with writing? 

For me, this one probably has to be…hmm…honestly, probably either Leon or Wolfgang. Leon because his story is occasionally difficult to figure out/write, and Wolfgang because he’s so optimistic and outgoing and I just…he’s wild y’all 😂 I can write his brothers way better than him 😅

2. Favorite 3 movies?

This one’s really hard. XD Okay, okay, fine, probably: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: The First Avenger, and…uhm…probably Unbroken. 😉 With all the other Marvel movies I love following 🤣

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Wait a sec, Hans and Felix are brothers? How did I miss that detail?

Aren’t they your villains?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 8156

@keilah-h they sure are!!! 😄😉

yes, they are my villains. Hans dies unredeemed, 😭, but there is a chance Felix may be redeemed in a later book ❤️

Felix is the oldest brother, Hans is the middle brother, and Himmler is their baby brother

Felix is The Bois’ dad, and Hans/Himmler are their uncles 🙂

*wonders if I need to make a family tree of The Bois’ family…* 😂😂😂

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Oh wow!!

I’m glad Felix is redeemed, even if Hans isn’t.

And yes! Make a family tree! Preferably with pictures of each of the charries.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

Oh, and it’s your turn to RP in the character castle if you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,831 through 1,845 (of 5,668 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >