Thanksgiving Stories and Ideas

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting Thanksgiving Stories and Ideas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Hey y’all! Me again. XD I’m planning on writing a Thanksgiving Short Story with many of my WWII characters that takes place 5 years after 1946, when they all move to the US. But…I’m kinda stuck on ideas. XD

Any funny, serious, whatever type, of Thanksgiving stories that y’all would be willing to share? Or even just some ideas! 😉

I’m just kinda stuck on deciding things that can happen, and I want the story to be funny, sweet, and everything in between! 😀

Thanks Y’all! Now for some tags! @lydia-s. @anatra23. @gracie-j. @elishavet-pidyon. @koshka. @queen_of_alvastia. @godlyfantasy12. @keilah-h. @ava-blue. @joy-caroline. @ANYONE-ELSE-READING-THIS-YES-YOU!

Ava Blue
      @ava-blue
        • Total Posts: 216

@Freedomwriter76 WHY have I not thought of writing a Thanksgiving story with my charries?? thanks that’s what I’m doing tonight instead of sleeping 😀

That sounds really cute!!! I’d imagine they’d have a lot to be thankful for after surviving WWII.. I know a lot of families will have each member around the table share what they’re most thankful for. Maybe they could do that? Also, I don’t know if you like writing cooking scenes as much as I do, but it’d be funny if chaos broke out while everyone was bustling about in the kitchen.. especially if it involved mashed potatoes.

that a northern wind
        would cool my skin
        and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. But girl, you need some sleep! (ugh, that writer brain sometimes, am I right? 😂)

Thanks! And thank you for the ideas! 🥰 Them going around the table would be neat and fun! 😄 Oh yes, cooking scenes are fun. 😂 Okay…now I’m curious. Why specifically mashed potatoes? 😅😂🤔 (I do know a small fire might start tho. Poor Ellie. Not the best in the Kitchen. 😂)

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 I should do that!! Actually, come to think of it I probably already have.

And I think @ava-blue’s suggestions are great! Especially the mashed potatoes.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. It’s been a lot of fun! You could definitely try it! 😀

Ah yes, the mashed potatoes. XD

Ava Blue
              @ava-blue
                • Total Posts: 216

@keilah-h thanks 😆

oh, and @freedomwriter76 I just felt that a scene with mashed potatoes would be especially funny because.. potatoes, I guess. It was sorta inspired by my little brother. He’s 5 and he calls mashed potatoes “smashed pootatoes”

I had a scene in my head where someone trips and spills a big bowl of mashed potatoes in the kitchen and then there’s a flurry where everyone is rushing around trying to clean up and not cause more chaos while warning each other to “watch the potatoes!”

I explained that badly 😅 but you get my point hehe

that a northern wind
                would cool my skin
                and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. That’s a HILARIOUS idea! 😆😂 And that’s so cute. I love kids when they’re that little. 🥰 Like, from babies to age 6 or 7 is my jam! Especially babies to 5. 😍 I regularly work with that age at Church and they are SOOO CUTE! Wear me out tho. 😂

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3875

@ava-blue I love that idea. And I have a character who has an OBSESSION with potatoes, so…..perfect!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Power
                    @power
                      • Total Posts: 292

@freedomwriter76 I have a pretty funny Thanksgiving story! At least, it was funny for us who weren’t my cousin!

So, our family has a tradition where, every year (It was supposed to be every other year, but who wants to wait that long!), we write down in a card what we are thankful for, put it in an envelope, and read the card(s) from the previous year. My cousin was a newly wed, and his wife was having Thanksgiving dinner with us for the first time. We were done eating and my grandmother brought out the little rectangular box that the envelopes were in, and began to pass then out. When my cousin got his, he opened and read it, then seemed to be embarrassed. His wife, who didn’t have a envelope, asked him what it said. As it turned out, a year ago, he had written that he was thankful for his girl friend… it hadn’t been his wife. Of course, most of us thought this was fun! My poor cousin!

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous

@power. Lol, that is so funny. XD

Ahh, yes…your poor cousin.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >