Thankfulness as a Writer

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Thankfulness as a Writer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

I don’t guess my topic really fits this category, but here goes…

@kathleenramm
      @r-m-archer @jenwriter17 @nova21 @godlyfantasy12 @william-starkey @rochellaine @alia @valtmy @libby @lewilliams @erin-ramm @writerlexi1216 @scoutfinch180 @annika-c @devastate-lasting @seekjustice @e-k-seaver @millennium

@i-know-there-are-more-people-i-can-tag-but-gee-whiz-i-can’t-think-of-anymore

First things first, I know not everybody celebrates Thanksgiving, since we have people from all across the world here on KP (which is totally amazing, when you think about it), BUT we can all take the time to be thankful, regardless of where we live.

So, without further ado, I introduce to y’all the thread where y’all can spend today, tomorrow, the next six weeks even, sharing what you are most thankful for as a writer this holiday season. Whether it’s something that happened five years ago or just last week; whether it’s meeting your quota for words written, publishing your first novel, finishing your first manuscript, or branching out into a new genre–it all counts, as long as you’re thankful for it.

I’m going to get the ball rolling with what I am most thankful for as a writer this year. (And I’m going to try to not be sappy, so bear with me y’all.)

It all began on August 23rd, 2020.

I’d just decided, after probably a week of hem-hawing around, to join this interesting writer’s forum that I had discovered probably two months ago while searching for answers to some writing-related question I’d typed into my search bar.

As I’m sure some of y’all can relate to, I’d spent the majority of my three-to-five years of writing in a reclusive little box. I didn’t reach out to other writers, simply because I didn’t know that other Christian teenaged writers existed. We’ve all felt like that before, of course. Well, they do, and I am more than proud to know them and call them my friends!

This year, apart from my family, good food, God’s provision since my dad lost his job due to COVID layoffs, and a slew of other things like toilet paper and electricity (😆), I am most thankful for Y’ALL! Not only has KP become a place for answers, support, constructive criticism, inspiration, and writerly advice, but these wonderful KaPeefers have become my best friends! I am so blessed to have found y’all and I am super excited to see where God takes all of us and our writing in the coming years! Thank you for your support, your friendship, and your love! 😘

(And, yeah, that probably qualifies as sappy.)

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

ella
      @nova21
        • Total Posts: 604

@gracie-j

I’m thankful for this great writing community, too!!  I’m also thankful for Thanksgiving break, which gives me time to actually write during the school year!!! 😂

what we do in life echoes in eternity
        -gladiator, 2000

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@gracie-j I’m really thankful for ya’ll as well. You’re all so supportive and kind, and have a great sense of humor.

Hmm…I would say I’m thankful that so far everyone in my family has been safe from Covid…as a writer I’m thankful for the story ideas that pop into my head. Without them, I’d have nothing to write about.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@nova21 No kidding! I’m so glad that I have free time all year round as a homeschooler, but a little extra is never a bad thing! 😉 I hope you’re able to get a lot done! How far along are you in your WIP?

Annika C.
            @annika-c
              • Total Posts: 19

Thanksgiving was a while ago for me (I’m Canadian) but I believe it’s important to be grateful throughout the year, so: I am grateful for my sister, the power to use words to share a piece of myself, and for warm blankets.

consistency and passion are key

ella
              @nova21
                • Total Posts: 604

@gracie-j

Well, I’m kinda going back to the drawing board over break.  I definitely struggle with committing and finishing. 😏

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                -gladiator, 2000

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j

@devastate-lasting Oh, yes, definitely thankful for those who have avoided COVID! I’m so glad to hear that you and your family have stayed safe! And, oh, the story ideas! There are so many that they almost get annoying sometimes… 😉

@annika-c
                  Yes! Words are so powerful, and we as writers have the calling to wield them in so many ways!

@nova21
                  I feel ya, girl! I wish I had some advice, but as a girl who jumps from one idea to the other… All I know is that once you’ve found your groove, you’ll be able to make it to The End!

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@gracie-j

Awww, you’re so sweet! You don’t have to worry about being too sappy, this has been a crazy year (My dad also got laid off), But I agree that this forum has been a such great outlet. (Who knew there were so many cool christian writers?)

Man, there are so many things that I’m thankful for when it comes to writing. But If I’m to only choose one thing it would be the gift of creating stories with three of my siblings.

There is not a day that goes by where we don’t have long conversations about either our stories, or the most recent stories we’ve watched or read. Not only have I learned so much more about story-telling and fallen more in love with writing, my siblings and I have grown closer than we’ve ever been. For a couple years we’ve kinda grown apart, with us all growing up and stuff, but writing has brought us together in so many unexpected and meaningful ways. Like how developing our characters fears, flaws, and secrets, has allowed us to open up and share things we’ve never shared with anyone before. And so many other things. It’s one of the best gifts God has ever given me. Even if it doesn’t last, I’ll forever be grateful to him for it.

Great topic idea btw! And Happy Thanksgiving. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Kathleen.
                    Gracie J.
                    @gracie-j

@kathleenramm Aw! You’re too kind! KP is definitely amazing! And, yeah, who would’ve thought that there are so many of us out there?

That is certainly a wonderful gift that you have be blessed with! I am so pleased to see–or, what? read?–siblings who share the same gift and are as close as y’all are! Simply amazing!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! 🙂

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

This is such a sweet topic! Awesome! And, @gracie-j, your words could make me cry if I thought about it too long XD

I, too, am super thankful for this community here. When I join a few years ago, my love for writing and my growth in the craft SKYROCKETED. I’ve found so many awesome friends, and it just warms me heart to see this community come to life again after the hiatus. I am so thankful to know so many like-minded creative warriors, and I pray that God will do amazing things and impact the world with your stories.

Something really big I’m thankful for is God’s love. This year He’s shown me just how much He loves me, showing me basic things about Him and who I am that I didn’t really understand before. I’m thankful that He sticks with me even when I stumble, helps me through my struggles, lets me talk to Him in the middle of the night, and is just a perfect Father. <3

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

@jenwriter17 Oh, don’t cry! But thank you so much! I appreciate it! 🙂

I love your reply! You have a wonderful Thanksgiving, girl!

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17
                            • Total Posts: 2522

@gracie-j I guess it’s my INFP showing lol XD

oh yes HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! <3

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                            www.jennaterese.com

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@jenwriter17 I guess so! 😆

Thank you to all who have shared what they’re thankful for–but don’t stop now! Y’all have a happy Thanksgiving!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >