Storyline help!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting Storyline help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

So I’m having trouble with a storyline for a sci-fi series and I need some help. I’m going back and forth on whether having implants would be good or bad. This isn’t connected to the tribulation or anything like that so I’m not sure whether people would think it is since I’m using implants. My other idea was headbands. It’s a mind control scheme so I’m not sure whether I should do implants or headbands or neither. I don’t want to put people off from wearing headbands. What do y’all think?

Since @Esther C. Is active I’m tagging her. Let me know if you’ve done Sci-fi or know some people around here who do and let me know so I can tag them. Also, you don’t have to have done Sci-fi to answer. You can answer as a reader. I’ll take any advice you can give whether you think it’s good or bad. 🙂😉

Anonymous

Esther is not active anymore but I saw some people who are now.

Please respond if you can give me help!

@LoopyLin
        @GodlyFantasy12

Anonymous

@wilder-W

I saw you’re on now too!

Anonymous

@FreedomWriter76

Help! If you can. 😉

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 147

@sarafini Oh my word…Sci-Fi stuff…I love Sci-Fi!!! It’s so intriguing!! Anyway…here’s my thoughts on the matter…

Why implants or headbands? Why on the head at all?

Something I’ve never seen yet is people using micro-chips in their writs for mind control. You could, depending on how you approach the story plot, advertise the chips as mental health awareness kinda medicine. Have them think it’s good for them…and then let the temptation lead them to it. Just a thought. I think it’d be pretty neat.

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2020

@sarafini

So you have a story with some kind of villain or evil that wants to mind control people and they are using either implants or headbands to do that. Is that right?

I’m not sure what the tribulation is (something to do with Revelations?) but I think that implants would look a lot better and less clunky than headbands. But if you used headbands I don’t think that it would discourage anyone from wearing them. Most people are smart enough to realize that your book isn’t actually real.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Anonymous

@wilder-W

Ooh! Never thought of that! It could actually benefit them too. Like short-term. That kinda thing happened in an Adventures in Odyssey series called Novacom. Thanks so much! I’ll definitely consider that but I do want to hear others opinions as well. 😁😉

Anonymous

@LoopyLin

Yes, you got that right. It’s a government.

Yes, it does have to do with Revelation. 😉

I will definitely keep that in mind. 😃

LoopyLin
                    @loopylin
                      • Total Posts: 2020

@sarafini

O:  I like Wilder’s idea better than what I said lol

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Erica
                      @starofthenorth
                        • Total Posts: 199

@sarafini

Personally I think implants of any kind are super creepy, but that’s just me. Maybe that’s what you’re going for 😂 But if it was going to be a headband, there would have to be a way that the villain could make people wear them. Maybe the headbands can’t be removed or something. But do whatever you want!

I don’t think people would connect it to the tribulation, unless it’s going to be like the Antichrist’s sign on everyone’s forehead. But I don’t think people would automatically connect it, especially if the reader isn’t a Christian of any type.

And I don’t think you have to worry about making people not want to wear headbands!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >