Social Media

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

Just a random question…is anyone here on any ‘social media’? Mainly, I’m curious if anyone is on Pinterest or Instagram. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Jada Morrison
      @jadamae
        • Total Posts: 199

I am on Pinterest but I don’t really use it that much.

Tatiana
        @belegteleri
          • Total Posts: 97

I am on Pinterest @BelegTeleri! The only thing is, during the school year, I’m only allowed on during the weekends, so if I don’t get back to you right away, please understand. I’m always looking for new people to follow who love Jesus and who love writing! (Maybe with some Lord of the Rings fandom thrown in there as well) 🙂

Hope Ann
          @hope

I’m on pinterest too…I love it for writing ideas and storyboards (and some lotr and humor). My Pinterest name is Authoress of Light. 🙂

Emma
            @emma
              • Total Posts: 40

Yes. Pinterest is incredibly helpful for writing.

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

Just created a twitter account (gulp). @TSQWriting. Right now, there’s not much to see, but I only just started it … let’s see, a couple minutes ago. Will mainly post stuff book/lit/writing related.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                @hope

I just created a facebook account today for writing. You can see it here. Anyway, I was wondering who on here has facebook. And I had a few questions: 1. Is there a way you can see how many people are following you? 2. And is there a way that you can link a blog to facebook so when you post on your blog it will appear on facebook too?

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

is there a way that you can link a blog to facebook so when you post on your blog it will appear on facebook too?

I don’t know about that, but I don’t see why you would want to. You should be able to do the reverse though and have your Facebook page linked to your blog.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 40

Hope, I too have a Facebook account (although it is used primarily for socializing and has nothing to with with writing, besides promoting the wordy things I’ve done). I clicked upon your Facebook link and it looks as if you have set it up as a profile, versus a business account page. Therefore, in order for people to ‘follow’ you, they must send you a friend request and you must accept it (or decline it). If you were to have a business account page, there is a way that you can set it up and see exactly how many people like your page (which basically means that they can see the updates you post, the pictures you post, etc.). I’m not sure if you meant to set your account up as a person profile or not, but those are my words of wisdom on THAT subject matter.

Onto your next question: There is not a way, that I know of, where your blog can post on both your website and your Facebook account. But, you can copy and past the link into one of your status updates, people can click on the link, and they are instantly taken to your blog where they can read what you wrote and whatever else is on your website. And, as Daeus said, you can also put social media buttons on your blog, which when your reader clicks upon said button it transports them directly to your social media account (whichever one you choose).

I hope that helps!

Signed,
                      A Facebook Nerd

Hope Ann
                      @hope

I think most of it figured out now. Thanks. 😉

Tatiana
                        @belegteleri

For those of you who are on Goodreads, I have a Goodreads account! My name is Tania and my profile pic is the Tree of Gondor.

Hope Ann
                          @hope

@belegteleri Wow, there are a lot of Tania’s on there. 🙂 Could you maybe post a link so I could find you?

Tatiana
                            @belegteleri
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >